Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wasn't able to watch the show but reading about what happened it seems like a really interesting turn of events

It does involve TNA though and I hope AEW doesn't get too tangled up with that money pit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

AEW is looking like an incredible demo investment for TNT

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I've been a fan of Sting since the surfer days and because I think AEW has earned the slack being given to them to see how they handle his character I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. How WWE used him was tragic even without the injuries so hopefully it goes well and he's happy with his decision to come into the company.

AEW openly working with other companies is another step in the opposite direction from WWE and that seems like a great idea too. Having talent from around the world that you can call on to keep things fresh and exciting is a hell of a play. WWE may pretend to ignore AEW like they have with every other company but it's far harder to ignore when you're basically facing most of the other promotions in the world all at once now. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE has entered negotiations to buy some of the smaller promotions already just to keep working relationships from happening.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i hope sting doesn't have a horrific injury that affects his quality of life, but i expect that he will if he wrestles more matches. hopefully they bring back the double decker taco

I agree with all of these things

I was excited about Sting's return to a non wrestling role but now I'm not so sure

What I am sure about, however, is double decker tacos

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Has Real Estate Steve been saving his money I wonder

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Think outside the bun

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The state farm guy already works late into the night and he's only one man

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'd root for Shaq x 2

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Little math joke there

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dang you quoted before I edited now look what happened

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That was funny but I really don't want another promotion owner/booker being an on screen character

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tony Khan is doing such a good job he needs to resist the temptation of being on screen and the inevitable darkness that eventually comes with that and just continue running a really good wrestling promotion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Has Sting ever given any insight as to how much he actually liked or hated the Joker Sting portion of his career because although he looks like he's having fun delivering that garbage in the gifs I see he also somehow simultaneously looks like he's dying inside with every word so I feel like it could go either way