Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Ainsley McTree posted:

Huh. I've played this game 3-4 times and never noticed that
Yeah me either. It's practically invisible and hidden behind the iguana's wood perch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
They patched it in, I think around the time the anime came out. So if you played mostly within 2 years after the game came out it just may not have been there to catch

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

2house2fly posted:

They patched it in, I think around the time the anime came out. So if you played mostly within 2 years after the game came out it just may not have been there to catch

I'd like to credit that entirely but my most recent run was def after the anime came out. Though I suppose I would have had no reason to know they added something in when replaying a section i'd already played 2-3 times before

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

booted the game up after not playing for 6 months and now it runs like complete poo poo on my 4070 ti. I was running 4k 60fps no problem before and now it’s actually unplayable on those same settings with fps drops. Did helldivers cook my gpu or what’s going on?

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

booted the game up after not playing for 6 months and now it runs like complete poo poo on my 4070 ti. I was running 4k 60fps no problem before and now it’s actually unplayable on those same settings with fps drops. Did helldivers cook my gpu or what’s going on?

done the usual driver reinstall / launcher updates / etcetc?

if Helldivers still is ok its unlikely its a physical issue

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

ive got some button on my keyboard that I keep accidentally pressing that seems to replace keystrokes with shortcuts. pressing w no longer walks, the letter a doesn’t work in discord. hitting all the keyboard buttons doesn’t seem to fix whatever I’m doing. the letter a on the keyboard doesn’t type A, it seems to move the cursor backward one space in whatever im typing. most of the other letters work. what the gently caress could I be doing?

edit—i guess I enabled shortcuts on the keyboard trying to remember what the dash button is and now I can’t turn them off :[ my keyboard is a little weird and doesn’t have a windows key, trying to reproduce what I did to turn it on isn’t working.

edit edit—fn+w fixed it finally

Ghislaine of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 6, 2024

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
2.1 changed settings around, IIRC a bunch of people had issues with performance and the new keybinds until they reset the corresponding settings to defaults first, and made sure the game wasn't actually running higher details (e.g. with pathtracing on, or DLSS off) than before.

E: if you want to be entirely sure it's not that, you can take screenshots of your settings, disable cloud saves, move/rename the settings files in AppData* and then set everything anew.

*)

quote:

REDEngine and CD Projekt Red folders from here %userprofile%\AppData\Local\

orcane fucked around with this message at 11:22 on May 6, 2024

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
I was looking up some info about Wakako's gigs and came across a gig-to-gig interaction I wasn't aware of. Apparently been there always, in the base game already.

In Dino's gig Guinea Pigs you are asked to murder a Biotech corpo rear end in a top hat who did some medical experiments on nomads, killing literally 70 of them. Apparently you need to 1) be nomad 2) talk to receptionist in corpo hotel first (not sure if this is really required) 3) take out corpo non-lethally and carry her to hilarious flying garbage can on the roof (not sure if this is required either). After all that, in Wakako's gig Olive Branch, if you speak with the guy in the trunk, you can ask him about Koch the corpo rear end in a top hat from the previous gig. The guy says he doesn't give a poo poo about the nomads, they're like cockroaches, will just keep multiplying anyway. :wtc: After that I actually felt pretty good about handing him over to the Tyger Claws.

Love the interactions in this game. Sometimes they're a bit too subtle though

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wow. I've always done Wakako's mission first so I never got that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If you're a nomad you get additional dialogue, too, I think.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

jaete posted:

I was looking up some info about Wakako's gigs and came across a gig-to-gig interaction I wasn't aware of. Apparently been there always, in the base game already.

In Dino's gig Guinea Pigs you are asked to murder a Biotech corpo rear end in a top hat who did some medical experiments on nomads, killing literally 70 of them. Apparently you need to 1) be nomad 2) talk to receptionist in corpo hotel first (not sure if this is really required) 3) take out corpo non-lethally and carry her to hilarious flying garbage can on the roof (not sure if this is required either). After all that, in Wakako's gig Olive Branch, if you speak with the guy in the trunk, you can ask him about Koch the corpo rear end in a top hat from the previous gig. The guy says he doesn't give a poo poo about the nomads, they're like cockroaches, will just keep multiplying anyway. :wtc: After that I actually felt pretty good about handing him over to the Tyger Claws.

Love the interactions in this game. Sometimes they're a bit too subtle though
I always freed trunk guy because his captor was a scav, but next time (when I get a 5000-series at this rate) I will find a way to shoot him AND the client.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

I always freed trunk guy because his captor was a scav, but next time (when I get a 5000-series at this rate) I will find a way to shoot him AND the client.

I've always done the opposite but now while being a goodhearted if somewhat naive nomad.. I chose to save his rear end. Kinda regret reading the spoilers above now since that was several tens of hours ago :)

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’m a professional and never bother checking the trunk on my latest playthroughs.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Kinda funny that my V got all "I'm racing to win, Claire and I'm saving you from yourself"... with the absolute heaps and heaps of bodies left in my wake. Like one casual murder by the side of the race isn't going to tip my scales much.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Splorange posted:

Kinda funny that my V got all "I'm racing to win, Claire and I'm saving you from yourself"... with the absolute heaps and heaps of bodies left in my wake. Like one casual murder by the side of the race isn't going to tip my scales much.

Well, sure but just because V is a killer doesn't mean Claire needs to be.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Murdering people in cold blood is usually bad for you, psychologically speaking, but I'm built different.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Almost all the gigs each fixer gives you tie together in some way to a bigger narrative and there's some that cross over like the Koch one but I think Jotaro Shobo is the one that crosses over the most and for a reason, dude's a legit loving city-wide monster. I'm surprised they have him just as a bad guy in a gig from Regina, he should be a big-deal boss fight considering the poo poo he's done.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

chaosapiant posted:

I’m a professional and never bother checking the trunk on my latest playthroughs.

that's right

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Stare-Out posted:

Almost all the gigs each fixer gives you tie together in some way to a bigger narrative and there's some that cross over like the Koch one but I think Jotaro Shobo is the one that crosses over the most and for a reason, dude's a legit loving city-wide monster. I'm surprised they have him just as a bad guy in a gig from Regina, he should be a big-deal boss fight considering the poo poo he's done.

He's just some guy, that's the real horror of it. He's not some billion-dollar aircraft carrier cyberpsycho like Adam Smasher, he's a guy that owns a nightclub and likes doing really dark things that everyone around him just enables because his checks cash.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah Jotaro is “banality of evil”, the polygon mesh

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Umm, I don't think banality of evil applies to Jotaro Shobo. In a city of psychopaths he somehow manages to stand tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Yeah he’s definitely deserving of a Blackwalling.