Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Apparently only the most major of outlets got review codes. Probably wont be a ton of reviews on the 7th but the biggest sites will have em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

teacup posted:

Do we know what time this unlocking on digital for PlayStation? Pre load and release? I’m in Australia

Consoles it unlocks midnight in your region. Assuming you have an Australian PSN account of course. So you will get it basically first.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Found some Xbox One S gameplay online and holy poo poo is that version hot trash. I expected it to be really bad and it went beyond my expectations. NPC's with no faces, textures not loading, bad framerate, low resolution the works.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I thought penis 1 was the cut one.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

TheRat posted:

Dont look at unpatched gameplay, friend.

Unpatched Xbox One gameplay is something I've been craving to see for months. I wanted to see just how bad it was and really hope someone like Digital Foundry gives me a good solid detailed look. Sometimes you just can't help looking at car crashes.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Turin Turambar posted:

I find the transphobia polemic ...interesting, because I don't remember many AAA games where you could match body types, genitals, voice and gendered elements (like makeup, nail length and beard) with freedom.

Yeah AAA games don't really let you ever do that. Some games like say Battletech from a few years ago do but in the AAA space it's kinda unheard of. I suppose Saint's Row did as well. I feel like yes the twitter stuff sucks and promoting a cis cosplayer playing a trans character is bad. Based on what I've seen in leaked gameplay and the world book the sexualization applies to everyone and the trans ad is in line with the rest of the ads for cis people as well. The character creation choices are a big step and should be lauded. There are certainly reasons to be upset with them but I think nothing in game I've seen would be one of those reasons.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Someone leak a fem V and male partner sex scene to balance things out.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

you'll be missing out on some good synergies with penis 1 and the stealth tree but you do you man

Penis 1 locks you out of some late game content.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Ice Phisherman posted:

The trick is to run penis 2 until the late game and then do an upgrade to penis 1. Each of the testicles on penis 1 have gem sockets. One for each testicle. Pro strat is to run three sockets after you get the extra testicle upgrade. Technically you can get a fourth gem socket, but your run speed goes waaaaaay down. Wouldn't suggest it.

You can combat the speed loss with some haste stims. They are expensive though so maybe save them for boss fights. They also have a long cool down.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah they put those up there weeks ago as part of the last Night City Wire.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Deadreak posted:

I was wondering where all the threads went on Era. I find it hilarious that Neogaf is the polar opposite of Era. I must have missed all the drama with Neogaf so was surprised to find out it is right-leaning now. I guess not like SA didn't have its own drama this year.

I am happy to hear reports the game has some heart since nothing official shown so far inspired a lot of confidence in that department.

The owner of NeoGaf had some sexual harassment scandal I don't remember the details of and most of the sites membership posted banme's and started Era.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

sean10mm posted:

To get a 10/10 from me CP2077 will have to provoke a meltdown from somebody who accidentally picks a gay option thinking it was a totally super manly straight option instead.

Fallout New Vegas set a high bar.

It's just a massage what's gay about that I don't get it. Just guys being dudes.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The Last Call posted:

drat I thought the game was suppose to be pre loadable on Steam by now. Someone smack Gabe around until it is.

Going Male street kid, then female corpo and male nomad.

1 hour from now for Steam

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Real talk, even if the embargo drops and you immediately see a huge wave of influencers and you tubers crowing about how bad it is... are you canceling your pre-order?

I've been waiting for this game since watching the original steam live in 2012 there is no backing out.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

109MB/s thank you Steam. Only 10 minutes to download. Maybe I am better off not preloading.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Qmass posted:

WTF the download on PS4 is 102 gigs

PS file system requires double the space of the game for all installs and updates and then deletes the second half after it's been this way since at least PS3.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can’t believe Bezos would betray me like this :negative:

Was saving 10 dollars and 6 cents worth it?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Riversideblues posted:

Finally got a new PC to play this game properly. Started a new game up and all the fun exploits from before are gone.

The Purple Char Grenade isn't in Rancho anymore, you can't break down pop cans.

Are there any fun money/crafting loops in the game still?

Cheat engine.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The game didn't have any spider tanks you could control which makes it worse than Watch Dogs 1 by default.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This game has never been more dead or alive.

They are making it into a fighting game?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Think I’m gonna start a new game and not go full hacking this time and also just give myself the technical / crafting perks and attributes for free because honestly it’s pretty lovely to need to invest in boring poo poo like that but my brain worms likes the idea of having better color gear.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Just to clarify, are those console commands to give yourself perk and attribute points, or is that referring to a mod? I didn't remember this game having console commands, but if so that might spur me to start a completely fresh replay.

I mean, I suppose I could install mods, but that sounds an awful lot like :effort:.

One of the mods has a dev console I don’t know if it’s something that’s built into the game but disabled or player made. I suspect it’s a cpdr dev console and just hidden from players like Witcher 3 had. Either way you need a mod to access it like Witcher 3 needed.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

If you need to disable it just delete the files it added.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Found the dumbest solution possible to arm weapon cyberware not upgrading after you first find it and it having the same stats forever. If you level up normally it stays the same stats forever. If you use the dev console to add one level to your current level it stays the same stats. If you use the dev console to set your level to a fixed level instead it auto upgrades. So if I'm level 10 and then set myself to level 11 it redoes it's stats. If I am level 10 and level up to 11 naturally it doesn't.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Rinkles posted:

didn't they fix this in 1.5?

Yes and no. They used to only scale up to level 30 instead of level 50. However they still don't scale beyond where they are at when you first get them. They become fixed at that level.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

No Pants posted:

the ones you buy from ripperdocs scale up to 30. the ones you used to be able to loot didn't.

Yeah you are right.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Been doing a katana / throwing knives / stealth build and wow this is a lot of fun. Had played a hacker before and that's so much more of a boring way to play.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Blame Australia for that one. Our censors won't classify games (or they only approve classification for 18+) that have drugs that offer beneficial effects in them. Like in GTA:V you can smoke weed but it doesn't do anything besides add a brief screen effect. You'll notice even the alcohol in the game only does negative things - I think that's because of Australian censors as well.

Full Gameplay Rebalance had a drugs module and they were cool as hell but it looks like it's mysteriously vanished from the nexus.

If you go to the URL for this mod they say it's hidden while they update it for 1.5

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Most of the problems with the game are fixed I feel but the game still overall feels a bit hollow story wise to me because they don't really do much with the various gangs and corps. I really wish the game had to doing more with them in regards to interacting peacefully and just talking and doing missions for them. Everything feels kind of small scale and personal and you don't really engage much with the political side of the world.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Mandrel posted:

yeah once the game is in a quasi-Final state I really hope the modding community embraces it. Night City is such a great canvas to tell stories in and there's so much space that could be used, its a game that deserves a psychotic modding community so much more than like, Fallout 4

though I'm aware that's mostly more a technical thing than anything else. I wonder how difficult it is to mod 2077 overall

The thing about Fallout / Skyrim etc.. is they have mod tools that are easier to use than basically any dev's internal tools. Josh Sawyer did a New Vegas stream a while ago talking about how insanely easy to use and make content for that engine is and how fast you can iterate on that content. If you follow gaming closely you will read stories about how it takes Bungie 24 hours to make a small change to a map because the entire thing has to compile / bake or whatever when you make any change. The fallout 4 tools are so easy I can make whatever simple change I want in 5 minutes of messing around with the editor having never even edited anything in that world before. I messed with the Wolvenkit mod program for CP2077 yesterday and it's not anywhere close as easy to use.

For all the jokes people make about the Bethesda engine (most of which don't even apply anymore since the upgrade to Creation Engine with Skyrim) the tools they have allow you to make some mods incredibly easily.

In regards to CP2077 and mini games I don't care about mini games but I maintain my stance about the story content that is and is not in the game. I think the content that is in the game story wise is actually pretty great but also there is a large feeling of something missing.

In final: The game updated on PC this morning to fix a bug certain users had and broke all my mods that required CET or Redscript.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah Australia is the reason. I remember hearing it's drugs with no negatives but a mix of positive and negatives is okay but who knows for sure. Fallout 4 has drugs with just positive effects but you can also become addicted to them and suffer negative effects that last until you get cured by a doctor. Then again you can get a perk that makes you never get addicted. Maybe that came out before the rules got stricter I don't know.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

I mean... Yeah. That's the latest innovation in storytelling since Bethesda allowed players to fade to black with Tali.

Bioware.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I have far too many hours in Fallout 4 so I remember this off hand, when you go and talk to the chems vendor in Diamond City as a lady you will get the option to ask him "did you say something about drugs?" so saying they are "chems" doesn't seem to be much of a fig leaf. If it's okay to call fake drugs fake names I don't see why CP2077 couldn't do the same other than ratings boards loving suck.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Using a trainer script does, however.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Tenkaris posted:

I know it's crazy but some of us are not on PC with mods and trainers :)

Doing it wrong then.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

If I was fixing Cyberpunk, I would remove all the loot and random weapons and leveled items, and toss out basically the entire skill and perk tree. Just give me the unique items only, and you never loot anything. There is no value in looting hundreds of identical guns, only this one is level 5 instead of level 4, so its stats are slightly different. Also having a category of items that the purpose of them is to sell them is an F see me after class, just give me the money. The perks being mostly you do 3% more damage with a pistol on a Tuesday is boring as gently caress. Make the perks fun and unique, not generic, please. Everyone already hated the skill system and itemization in Witcher 3 and I don't understand how they made the exact same blunders. The advice to everyone playing Witcher 3 is: ignore everything else and just use the Witcher gear. Maybe learn from that.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Only saw the first 2 episodes so far, but it's really awesome. Can't wait to watch the rest.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm watching dubbed and it's a pretty good dub.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Complaining about sex and violence in an anime based on a game filled with sex and violence, a game you are presumably a fan of, seems weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm not sure what's supposed to be bad in the screenshot you linked, and it's certainly no worse than the intimate moments in the game. The show has a shorter run time to flesh everything out, but Lucy and David get excellent characterization and feel like complete characters as much as anything in the game.