Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
My 3070 is ready.

How do you do, fellow Nomads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Simone Magus posted:

Twitch actually cares about stuff now? Figured there would be a bunch of people streaming the game from early copies but can't find even one?

CDPR is sending out DMCAs to anyone streaming before the 9th

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I made a video awhile back about some of my favorite futuristic/cyberpunk games to play while waiting if we're looking at recommendations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJVz8ACgGGk

Was pleasantly surprised by Cloudpunk, even though it might be a bit too chill for some people.

As for CP2077, I'm looking forward to it. I thought about doing a deep dive analysis review of the game when it comes out but, man, I kind of just want to roam around a big city for a bit. I'm sure it will have issues, but I loved Witcher 3 and didn't even really care about the main story at all in that. Just give me a cool world and sidequests to explore, and I'll probably be happy.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Yeah, I'm a bit nervous about streaming it. The 3070 will handle the game fine, but I'll probably not be able to enjoy Ultra once I take SLOBS into account. Hoping I can still do Raytracing though. I'm willing to lower a few other settings to keep that in if needed.

My monitor is only a 1080, so that will help a bit.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I can't be bothered taking a screen shot of it but will ray tracing get rid of the washed out uni-light effect you'll see if ..let's use assassin's creed valhalla as the most recent example. Where thing in "shade" just look loving garbage?

Depends on the game, but it should. My main experience so far has been in Horizon: Zero Dawn, and it looks loving gorgeous with ray tracing. The shaded parts of textures aren't lost at all and everything looks a lot more natural overall.

e: huh, guess HZD doesn't have RTX. I could have sworn I saw that in the settings. Well, Apply this to Shadow of the Tomb Raider, then :v:

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 8, 2020

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
So far, it's running super smooth. Loving it a lot, though I only just finished the intro mission. No major issues and I'm running full Ultra RT and DLSS. No fps counter so I dunno where I'm actually at, but if it's dropping, I can't tell.

My only complaint is all the dropped frames I'm getting from Spectrum while trying to stream :argh:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Yeah, I'm all in on this after dicking around doing sidequests for like six hours. Gorgeous game and runs really well. My only complain is that I want to enter the photo contest, but the photo mode is a bit lacking and imprecise. No time of day option is a really bad oversight when even HZD had that.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
It is incredibly pretty

I just finished Act 1, so I've been driving around just exploring. The city is loving massive with so many cool little unique spots. I especially loved the little neighborhood in the lower East side. It was spot on like so many neighborhoods I've driven through in L.A. but with more tech behind it. Also loving that they put so many dark spaces in: parking lots, dark office buildings without much more than a single street lamp, etc. I love that poo poo, and it really feels like an actual city.

Hoping to find some good stuff for the Photo Mode Contest. I'm sure competition will ramp up pretty close to the deadline, and I could still use some interesting portrait and action stuff.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 11, 2020

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Just did the best quest :allears:

Do wish that I didn't start a quest with multiple choices without knowing if I had the appropriate skill to do the final option, but them's the breaks I guess. Got a nice taxi out of it, though.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

hey guys everyone share ur Akira slides

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

MarshyMcFly posted:

Is it worth it to buy a car? Are there faster cars out there than the starter one?

Buy the Akira bike

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Man, I went wandering around Corp District. Came across a skull dude that took forever to kill. But, there were three sweet motorcycles nearby that made me really wish for a chop shop or something so we could keep things we hijack. I really liked those bikes. Goodbye, Pastel Warrior.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah the story missions are filled with corrupt cops and morally dubious hardboiled detectives all over the place, there's no ambiguity there. The dissonance comes from CDPR having to fill up their huge city map with crap to do and a ton of those things wind up being "kill the bad guys to help the cops" since that's probably a pretty easy thing to program.

Yeah, it's weird seeing so many up in arms about helping cops. You help them because it's a way to procedurally generate money for the player if you tap yourself out of yellow quests somehow. That's really about it. Maybe they could have done better about making you help the gangs or something, but there are like a ton of them and just helping someone being assaulted is generally easier and can stay uniform across all the districts.

Anytime to you actually interact with cops in a story mission, side or otherwise, they are generally shown to be pieces of poo poo. I can't really think of a single one where "Oh, it was their own fault in the first place" wasn't the ultimate answer.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Randarkman posted:

Even though I kind of agreed and have been pretty loud in criticizing lots of the game, particularly the open world bits (driving, traffic and pedestrian AI, wanted system and cops), I actually disagree. How the scope of Night City is conveyed is definitely this game's biggest strength, even if most of the time it's actually just a flimsy illusion, but my favorite thing to do is actually walking around and exploring parts of the city by foot, because there is lots of cool stuff to see and take in, even if you can't really interact with it at all in any manner.

Yeah, my next run I'm going to do more on foot. Every time I think I've seen everything, I realize it was all on the roads only to discover some weird back alley or shopping center I had no idea existed. Even if a lot of it is just exteriors, they still have some neat places tucked away and some genuinely incredible loot just, like, sitting there if you managed to find the location.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Anti-Hero posted:

What's the consensus on which of the two leg mods are worth it, the double jump or the charge jump?

Both are pretty expensive but as a netrunner build money is coming pretty easy so I can get both!

A lot of posters in the thread have been vouching for the double jump. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but that's what I'll be going for.

exquisite tea posted:

The more the game goes on the less I think "for a celebrity stunt casting, Keanu is pretty good" and the more I think "Keanu just nails it."

He's real fuckin' good, yeah. Glad they gave him like an actual role instead of just being a quick sidequest character or something.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Went and found Rebecca's shotgun.

drat, that's never leaving my loadout :smith:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I get so many component drops, I haven't felt a huge need to disassemble, but I also haven't done too many upgrades and only have one gun I use. It's Guts

I'm just cruising through on Normal, and while Netrunning has been nerfed a bit, it's still pretty viable if somewhat more time consuming to do than it used to be. Excited to get caught up on my new playthrough so I can check out the PL stuff.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Finally got to PL on my fresh playthrough. Goddamn :staredog:

Definitely noticing the memory leak after a couple hours, though, especially in the new area. It's markedly worse in Dogtown, but I still start to chug after some time even in areas I don't have any problems with on a fresh boot. Hope it gets patched soon, but I'm enjoying it even in the shorter bursts I'm playing in.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Just did the gig to save two cops from Dodger.

Holy poo poo :allears:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
doing a gig with the constant sound of that weird cop horn going off every two seconds. Finish up and wander outside wondering what the hell I'm missing.

2.0 can bring plenty all of the new content it wants but Delamain? Delamain never changes.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Molrok posted:

Walk into an abandoned Dogtown building full of high as kite gonks and hints of "contaminants", see an overgrown, faded Biotechnica logo on the wall: oh yeah that explains everything happening here.

I'm genuinely impressed at how genuinely creepy some of the areas in DT feel. Even moreso than other parts of the game where the lack of streetlights gives more of an aesthetic vibe than the feeling that something is going to attack you.

Was walking to a gig that took me to the SE area of DT. There was a pretty empty and creepy tunnel there filled with tweakers and little else. While I'm walking, some rando just ran up to me and shouted "How long have you been tailing me?!" and just stares dead at me for like five seconds before pulling her gun. I don't remember that happening anywhere else. Maybe she was some quest NPC I hadn't unlocked the side job for or something, but it scared the hell out of me coming from nowhere.

I'm just walking, lady. Leave me and my giant teal shotgun alone.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Arc Hammer posted:

Some people get a diagnosis saying that they'll die in months and they end up fighting it out for years.

Plus V's situation isn't exactly the same as literally dying. V'S already done that, it's overrated. V's situation is their psyche dying, not the body. And while Vik and Anders give you the rundown of the Relic eating your brain, nobody really knows exactly how a bullet-to-the-brainpan Relic Reset will actually play out in the end. We don't know what the V who doesn't finish the main quest will look like after the proverbial timer runs out. Will it be entirely Silverhand or would the circumstances of the Relic malfunction lead the two personalities to fuse into something different?

Yeah. There was some interesting discussion in this thread not long after the game came out (and we were done memeing on the bugs) about how your choices and dialogue start to have more of Silver's edge to them, but it's also clear Johnny's personality softens quite a bit over time to as he takes on more of V. There's also the convo where JH mentions that he sees V's memories as much as she sees his. It's pretty apparent that Vik's theory that Johnny simply "overrides" V is kind of bunk, because they are both learning and retaining parts of each other. It's not like JH is at all forgetting all the stuff he knows about V as the Relic progresses. The chip might act as a launching board for where the saved personality construct left off, but that construct is fully capable of learning and retaining new information just like any other person once activated. Otherwise, half the game would be explaining new tech to a JH that's been dead for 50 years.

I like to take the stance that if you take the Nomad ride-and-die "happy" ending, they'd kind of fuse into a new personality of their own, which is kind of what happens in real life anyway when you spend a lot of time with someone be it through marriage or close friends or whatever. Humans are pretty symbiotic on a lot of things, and the game just takes a lot more in-your-face and literal approach to it. Neither JH or V really "die" in the heart-stopping sense; they've just grown into a single individual with the experiences of both.

Still not sure where the relic malfunctioning and causing pain comes in, though. It could be it literally fries her brain, if you want to believe that route. It's a perfectly valid option.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I want an entire game for Aguilar of Havana.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Kanos posted:

Why would he be an expert? He's a really good ripperdoc, but the Relic is brand new experimental corporate super technology that is not publicly available anywhere.

Well, in science, if you fail upwards hard enough and luck finds you, you can win a Nobel

Lesser men have written gamechanging journal articles on a thesis of "So I had this patient come in, and you aren't gonna to believe this..."

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Grand Fromage posted:

Phantom Liberty Bree So after this Mr Hands sends me a text saying Netwatch hunters are after me, have fun. Is this bugged, do they ever show up? I have seen none and I've played a whole lot since then.

I got that, too, but nothing has happened so far. I assume I will be lighting people on fire with my mind yet again.

I did get a mysterious text from Aguilar not long after that, and honestly? I hope I DO meet her and she teaches me how to be suave. I want to be cool like her someday.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Patch just went out. Can't wait to see if it actually does improve Dogtown performance. Everything else has been fine but oof it's been rough if I want to do anything photo worthy in there

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/49231/patch-2-01

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Yeah, it'll break them but usually performance patches like this get fixed a lot faster for mods than the 2.0 overhaul. The big ones have it down to a science.

As for the patch itself, I hate to say it, but I'm not really noticing much of a difference in Dogtown. Performance still drops significantly around the pyramid, but it doesn't really go back up once you're away from it unless you fast travel somewhere. It's still the only area in the game that I have that issue. I guess the other areas around DT are a little closer to normal, but I straight-up can't get in a car anywhere near Heavy Hearts or it'll just tank the frames.