Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!

ZionestLord posted:

Hit 20 on my necro, wheres a good place to go to make use of my ability charm undead and blast them

The wiki has a decent hunting guide for necros: https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Necromancer_Hunting_Guide

It mentions charming stuff in South Kaladim around your level (slightly higher, at level 24). A little after that around early 30s, you could also hit up King's Pass since that's full of undead that would be good for charming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
South kaladim is gonna be hella red to them right now

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008

ZionestLord posted:

Hit 20 on my necro, wheres a good place to go to make use of my ability charm undead and blast them

Shrouded Isle might work for that.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I've never played Everquest in my life but my fat, unemployed, desiring social interaction rear end was manipulated by a banner ad so I'm downloading EQ now.

I'm still going through all the information but I love pet classes and healing classes, Beastlord seems up my alley?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Your best bet is to play two characters simultaneously, so you can also choose to split those two interests between the characters. There are multiple pet classes and multiple healing classes. Magicians and necromancers have the strongest pets, but have no and poor healing, respectively (edit: both classes can heal their pets, but mages have no player-healing capabilities, and necromancer's healing hurts the necromancer to heal players). For healing, clerics are king, with druids being next best, and shamans being the worst of the three but still quite solid at healing most everyday content. Shamans and druids also have pets, with shaman pets being stronger than druid pets, but both are weaker than beastmaster pets (as far as I know--not super well-versed in the beastmaster class). Plus shamans can buff the living poo poo out of things, so you make up for a lack of healing with the potential to murder poo poo before it causes enough damage to require much healing! :v: Druids, meanwhile, have unrivaled utility, and clerics can resurrect (remove experience debt from dying).

Note: if you want to play two characters simultaneously, CREATE THEM ON SEPARATE ACCOUNTS. You can have as many accounts as you want, and can sign them all up for the same email. If you log in two characters from the same account it apparently burns up way more server resources and admins will get mad at you.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Dec 24, 2020

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Just hit 26 on my monk/druid combo, having quite a bit of fun but starting to hit that wall where soloing feels super slow.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Garrand posted:

I've never played Everquest in my life but my fat, unemployed, desiring social interaction rear end was manipulated by a banner ad so I'm downloading EQ now.

I'm still going through all the information but I love pet classes and healing classes, Beastlord seems up my alley?

Beastlord is solid. It starts off a bit slow though, and if you are used to other MMOs with lots of buttons to press, their slower initial playstyle might be somewhat of a bore. I suggest you try out Beastlord and Necromancer myself. Hit me up with a /tell Akrar for some starter goodies.

I made it to 43 on my box, though taking a break from actively leveling for the holidays. 100 Alchemy, should be 120 tomorrow or the day after, pretty sweet. The haste and mana regen potions really make a huge difference.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

are there any macros or anything I should know about if I want to try 2boxing? and what's a good class combo, just anything that can tank and some kind of healer?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

someone awful. posted:

are there any macros or anything I should know about if I want to try 2boxing? and what's a good class combo, just anything that can tank and some kind of healer?

I just alt-tab between my warrior and druid. Both are easy enough to play that I don't need to really intensively micromanage them outside of really dicey fights (which you usually see coming well in advance). If you go for two casters, you might need to use WinEQ2 (a program which lets you swap between screens with 1 button press).

My suggestion would be warrior or monk and shaman or druid, favoring druid. Druid ports are huge, and damage shields are deceptively solid. The only thing druids lack compared to shamans is infinite mana through tapping their own life, stat buffs, and haste buffs. Haste buffs are the biggest one, and you might have to use potions to compensate for that.

Other options are paladin or shadowknight for your tank, though those have a rougher time early on. You can also pick two casters like necromancer/cleric, or enchanter/druid, or any combination of those, but you'll have to micromanage more. An enchanter/druid can probably break camps super easily though, but I don't have a lot of experience in the later stretch of Shards of Dalaya.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I hopped on for a very short bit and tried to 2box. I hated it so much. Is this game worth playing if you hate 2boxing? Edit: By which I mean, will I be so useless and frustrated at the midlevels if I'm going it alone that I'm better off playing something else?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yes, because there’s lots of groups going. However, if you are in an uncommon timezone (server is American) then I suggest a good soloing class like necro, monk, that sort of thing.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

someone awful. posted:

I'd imagine you've already come to a conclusion by now and picked a duo, but really anything works. There are 'optimal' duos, certainly. And based on tier/AAs and gear, what is "best" changes drastically.

If you're going to go HARD and lose yourself for a year in this game, I'd for sure go something that is always wanted, namely a cleric. There's also the consideration that if you're going to go hard like that, pick a tank like a warrior as your box. If you go half as hard, cleric/a good solo class will work well because you're going to basically main the cleric at 65. The other character is just the medium to get you there.

If you're just casually playing the game and want to see where the wind takes you, then poo poo- world's your oyster. Take your pick and just try to be willing to put your own groups together. You'll go LFG in Athica for hours in SoD unless you are willing to put your own groups together. That's why it is kind of nice to have your own tank and healer so you're set to go. But some people want those big DPS numbers, which I get it - big numbers are fun.

I've played just about every class in SoD. My perspective is about 3 years old, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but this is my out dated tier list of classes (which is probably wrong). Basically my question is: "Will I get opportunity to experience most of this game with my class selection?" I composed this tier list with that question answered, in my mind. There are also singular players that exist that throw this entire list out of order because of their gear and AAs:

S-Tier
Cleric

A-Tier
Warrior
Enchanter
Wizard
Monk
Bard

(Paladins and Shadow Knights at absurd gear levels and AAs are probably like A-/B+ around here)

B-Tier
Druid

Rogue
Ranger
(Rogues and Rangers get significantly better with AAs and gear. Rangers are probably closer to a C/C+ in the mid-tiers.)

Magician
Beastlord
(Pet classes might be higher now? Pets had it bad back when I played a lot, and a lot of players complained about companion health)

C-Tier
Shaman
Necromancer
Paladin
Shadow Knight

I poo poo on Shaman and Necromancer, notably. The reality is, in groups you never get to DoT things enough to enjoy the damage potential of Necromancers, and people would just prefer a Wizard for Blades buff, ports, etc other good things that Wizards have. And in raids, the Necros I knew said that damage never really scaled well for them, and they never felt like they paced with Magicians or Wizards. Maybe they've been tuned, since. They're awesome for solo play, but SoD is abused so much better by a powerful tank/healer box.

I mained a Shaman. Getting to participate in any given challenging 6 man encounter (when I played) was like pulling teeth, and people had to overcompensate by bringing an over-tiered cleric. In raids, Shaman are great but you only ever want one. In xp groups, Shaman are good, and significantly better with heal-on-hit sticks. Around tier 11, any of the 3 healers can pretty easily sustain an xp group, with some exception.

Anyway there's my unsolicited opinion. I sure did enjoy playing this game, and would love to pick it back up. Alas, having a kid just doesn't permit the poopsock lifestyle of being able to sit at a computer for 3 hour+ gaming sessions. And there is absolutely nothing casual about this game. I'd say Adept hunting is about as close as casual that this game gets. But this game is seriously demanding and if you want to see any Ikkisith content; you're looking at a solid year+ of play. Though I hear these days the player base is so hurting that you can get leeched up tiers if you have any sort of brain that can push buttons.

If you're just looking for the flavor of Shards with a pretty active low level player base, this season is as close as you're going to get to a "fresh" experience. It's unprecedented and is a very welcome and cool thing. I applaud the people who made it happen.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I went druid/warrior with alchemy on the druid for haste potions, got to lv57 now. It's fun. Not mowing through content anymore like before, but still doing pretty well. The one downside is that warrior slots are going to be full up in every single established guild, so you're probably looking at maining another class and gearing up your warrior with rots/filler spots. Which isn't ideal, but it is what it is.

The upside is that this isn't a game with a 10k playerbase. Or even a 1k playerbase. So I think that if you just put in the hours, you get to swing with the big boys eventually.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

please knock Mom! posted:

The upside is that this isn't a game with a 10k playerbase. Or even a 1k playerbase. So I think that if you just put in the hours, you get to swing with the big boys eventually.

That's exactly what it is. When I played, it wasn't unheard of to play someone's crazy character on raids to earn your salt for a shot at rots on lower tier content on farm. A few of those raids could bump you from like T4-6 gear to T11-12 gear. I'd imagine the difficulty is so great to get players at this point, you just have to be breathing to get showered with rots. Outside of seasonal characters, that is.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Null1fy posted:

That's exactly what it is. When I played, it wasn't unheard of to play someone's crazy character on raids to earn your salt for a shot at rots on lower tier content on farm. A few of those raids could bump you from like T4-6 gear to T11-12 gear. I'd imagine the difficulty is so great to get players at this point, you just have to be breathing to get showered with rots. Outside of seasonal characters, that is.

I'm pretty much banking on making it to 65 + some AAs, then riding the cute newbie train to a spot in some casual guild. I just want to see the content, honestly. Having a lot of fun with the quests in SoD already, and it's refreshing to play in completely different zones.

Beast British
Mar 12, 2006

Help yourself to some fethers but leave my fork alone.
Would anything pair well with bard for a duo? I never played one in EQ so I was toying with that idea.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Beast British posted:

Would anything pair well with bard for a duo? I never played one in EQ so I was toying with that idea.

The "classic" pairings are Necromancer or Cleric. Bards don't have a lot of buttons to press (until way late game), so you could use it almost as a mindless box to play songs while you main something else.

Beast British
Mar 12, 2006

Help yourself to some fethers but leave my fork alone.

Null1fy posted:

The "classic" pairings are Necromancer or Cleric. Bards don't have a lot of buttons to press (until way late game), so you could use it almost as a mindless box to play songs while you main something else.

I'm guessing you'd just nuke undead with the cleric while /melody on the bard? How are bards late game?

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Beast British posted:

I'm guessing you'd just nuke undead with the cleric while /melody on the bard? How are bards late game?

You just play two awesome supports for some lucky tank, realistically, if you're boxing a Cleric. Late game bards can tank pretty decently, but you're never going to be in that position by the time you're at that point - you'll have access to an insane tank, or someone else does.

As far as late-late game, I'm sure someone more recently involved in the game can answer better than I can. Bards went under a revamp, of sorts, around the time I quit. They had a weapon that was very, very good, become very, very bad, then it got changed to acceptable? last I remember (keep in mind - 3 years separated from this game). But tl:dr - late game bards are incredibly good, respectable damage, amazing utility, and were welcome in every way.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Bards in EQ are just a ridiculous power multiplier

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
My characters are in the single digits or low double digits (12 being the highest), and I feel like I'm missing out on a bunch of good quests simply because I don't know about them and there are basically zero breadcrumbs to most of them. I didn't even know there were newbie bag quests. That's one thing that sucks about EQ's archaic design, just an utter lack of direction or documentation. Argh.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Dick Burglar posted:

My characters are in the single digits or low double digits (12 being the highest), and I feel like I'm missing out on a bunch of good quests simply because I don't know about them and there are basically zero breadcrumbs to most of them. I didn't even know there were newbie bag quests. That's one thing that sucks about EQ's archaic design, just an utter lack of direction or documentation. Argh.

Use the wiki, the SOD wiki is super good; quest rewards just got updated so not all the gear stats are updated (though folks might be updating them since they just ran through them all) but the quests are on there and steps etc.

Like, say you have a warrior and go to the warrior page: https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Warrior

On the right you will see the warrior quests link, go there and it should list most of the warrior quests you can do pre-65, there are a bunch of 65 quests (like highend quests) that aren't fully/properly documented because only 1 or 2 people have actually completed it, such as the Jyre quest; though maybe more folks have finished that and actually documented it all the way through at this point, when I looked 6 years or so ago it was not.

*edit*

Also, if you ask folks in OOC/dalayan beginners/Goon Squad they can probably help direct you to things, though if you're going to ask "What quests can I do as a level 10 gnome warrior" they will probably tell you to look at wiki.

Also, if you're in GS and someone is nearby they can probably toss you a few plat for bags/spells etc and might have some leftover gear, though that's less likely atm.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 29, 2020

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I am using the wiki, and I am using the class quest section. The problem is, that’s incomplete. Things like the bag quest are for multiple classes, and therefore are not listed in the class quest section. I think what I will do is look up quests in a given zone and use that instead.

Also, I seem to be having trouble with my bard. Supposedly you can sing multiple beneficial songs, I forget how many, and at least one detrimental song, but when I’m using the low level aoe damage song it seems to turn off after a while and I have to restart it. It’s really inconsistent. What gives?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Dick Burglar posted:

I am using the wiki, and I am using the class quest section. The problem is, that’s incomplete. Things like the bag quest are for multiple classes, and therefore are not listed in the class quest section. I think what I will do is look up quests in a given zone and use that instead.

Also, I seem to be having trouble with my bard. Supposedly you can sing multiple beneficial songs, I forget how many, and at least one detrimental song, but when I’m using the low level aoe damage song it seems to turn off after a while and I have to restart it. It’s really inconsistent. What gives?

Ahh, I see what you mean about quests.

I've literally never played a bard, but my guess is it's a bard fizzle, I think missed note or something, you should see something in the chat log, though I could be incorrect and maybe someone else knows for sure.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Ah right, since you’re technically constantly switching songs you’ve got lots of chances to miss a note. That makes sense.

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008

Beast British posted:

I agree with the previous recommendation; you can either use the bard as a buffbot for a good solo class (such as necro or bst), or tank with the bard for a healer. Bards tank ok in a duo, not as well as a monk or ranger. They can hold aoe agro pretty well with their pbaoe damage and snare/slow songs. My first duo was bard and cleric, but I eventually went with monk. I found it frustrating to tank with the bard; bashes interrupt your songs unless you are in /s 4.

Null1fy posted:

As far as late-late game, I'm sure someone more recently involved in the game can answer better than I can. Bards went under a revamp, of sorts, around the time I quit. They had a weapon that was very, very good, become very, very bad, then it got changed to acceptable? last I remember (keep in mind - 3 years separated from this game). But tl:dr - late game bards are incredibly good, respectable damage, amazing utility, and were welcome in every way.

Bards start with low damage for a dps, but grow to be top end damage at the very late game. In their special AAs they pick up a chance to flurry while playing Blademaster's rythm, which increases their melee damage output. Other AAs give them a 30% increased (multiplicative, not additive) chance to proc weapons. As tiers progress, weapon dps tends to shift to proc damage. A combination of end game weapons, Stave of Mist and Eo, on a bard can out dps most other dps classes (enchanter and rogue with the best dagger still beat them) while enhancing the raids dps and providing large amounts of utility.

Dick Burglar posted:

In addition to missed notes, this might be bashes interrupting you as well.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Dont take this as a dig but I think its really funny that this thread is full of ancient red text avatars lmao

Stonewalljack posted:

Bards start with low damage for a dps, but grow to be top end damage at the very late game. In their special AAs they pick up a chance to flurry while playing Blademaster's rythm, which increases their melee damage output. Other AAs give them a 30% increased (multiplicative, not additive) chance to proc weapons. As tiers progress, weapon dps tends to shift to proc damage. A combination of end game weapons, Stave of Mist and Eo, on a bard can out dps most other dps classes (enchanter and rogue with the best dagger still beat them) while enhancing the raids dps and providing large amounts of utility.

Bards are actually viable melee dps in SoD? drat, I should have gone bard/necro, lot more active gameplay. Oh well, dru/war is treating me very well so far.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Stonewalljack posted:

Do bards really out-DPS rangers and monks and the likes? On top of being turbo buff machines? That makes things harder, since I was really looking forward to playing a ranger that wasn't complete garbo and was maybe kinda-competitive. But if bards are basically still just better at everything (aside from tracking, I guess), I'm back to "what's the point of playing a ranger?" I guess I could just pretend my wood elf bard is a ranger, since the only real difference is bards can't use bows :v:

Dont take this as a dig but I think its really funny that this thread is full of ancient red text avatars lmao

I am both too cheap to change it*, and also it's funny because the person who gave it to me clearly read the post in question completely backwards.

* I guess now that Lowtax won't get any of the money I might actually pay to change it to something less garish, but I haven't really felt inspired.

Ghosts!
Jan 6, 2004
While reading the SOD forums I came across a few scattered posts saying that beastlords were annoying to play. Can anyone elaborate on that? Like is it annoying in general, to 2 box, or just limited to high end stuff? Also, are there any account-wide benefits, or does everyone just make each new character on a different account?

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009
Beastlords are strong. Maybe the switching stances and stuff could be annoying, depending. I found it fun to play a bst.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Ghosts! posted:

While reading the SOD forums I came across a few scattered posts saying that beastlords were annoying to play. Can anyone elaborate on that? Like is it annoying in general, to 2 box, or just limited to high end stuff? Also, are there any account-wide benefits, or does everyone just make each new character on a different account?

Buttons to push, namely. Boxing (especially in SoD where you can't use tool-assisted scripting) is exhausting. The game is a marathon. Hours, days and months of pushing the same buttons (and Beastlords push a lot of them) will wear on you if you're frantically alt-tabbing between boxes and mashing buttons.

An example: Slaariel (A dude who spent years developing the game) worked at re-vamping Monks to become more interesting some years ago. He made it so that using combinations of stances made the Monk do an interesting attack. It was very good, but impossible to effectively box. The player response cried out, "My Monk is unplayable now!". Slaariel poo poo-canned the system and withdrew into himself, defeated and sour that the re-vamp wasn't well-received.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Null1fy posted:

Buttons to push, namely. Boxing (especially in SoD where you can't use tool-assisted scripting) is exhausting. The game is a marathon. Hours, days and months of pushing the same buttons (and Beastlords push a lot of them) will wear on you if you're frantically alt-tabbing between boxes and mashing buttons.

An example: Slaariel (A dude who spent years developing the game) worked at re-vamping Monks to become more interesting some years ago. He made it so that using combinations of stances made the Monk do an interesting attack. It was very good, but impossible to effectively box. The player response cried out, "My Monk is unplayable now!". Slaariel poo poo-canned the system and withdrew into himself, defeated and sour that the re-vamp wasn't well-received.

I liked that revamp, but yeah it was really tough to box unless you were doing cleric/monk and essentially just healing on the cleric.

Dick Burglar posted:

Do bards really out-DPS rangers and monks and the likes? On top of being turbo buff machines? That makes things harder, since I was really looking forward to playing a ranger that wasn't complete garbo and was maybe kinda-competitive. But if bards are basically still just better at everything (aside from tracking, I guess), I'm back to "what's the point of playing a ranger?" I guess I could just pretend my wood elf bard is a ranger, since the only real difference is bards can't use bows :v:

I am both too cheap to change it*, and also it's funny because the person who gave it to me clearly read the post in question completely backwards.

* I guess now that Lowtax won't get any of the money I might actually pay to change it to something less garish, but I haven't really felt inspired.

Bards out dps people at the very high-end, which, to be frank, you will probably never see; rangers are still very competitive and good. Also, every class is useful on raids due to them having unique buffs; iirc rangers get an attack buff that no one else can match.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Ghosts! posted:

While reading the SOD forums I came across a few scattered posts saying that beastlords were annoying to play. Can anyone elaborate on that?

I stopped playing before beastlords were revamped, but even when their dps sucked they were still fun to play. It'd still be my go-to class.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Null1fy posted:

That's a bummer. The fact that boxing is actively holding back cooler, more interactive stuff is definitely disappointing.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Dick Burglar posted:

That's a bummer. The fact that boxing is actively holding back cooler, more interactive stuff is definitely disappointing.

Around 2009-2014(ish?) there were enough players that most everyone could play one character and find something to do. The server has been on life support the last few years. There was a hope that getting Shards of Dalaya on the EQEmu server list would revitalize the game but it just hasn't quite had a resurgence... ever. After Ikkisith was released (prior to SoD being on the EQEmu server list), the SoD "2.0" era began where people really scaled into absurd levels of power. Now it's possible to effectively play most of your game solo with a top-tier geared tank (or monk) and healer, absent raids. I think Warriors were hit with a nerf bat and don't quite massacre mobs down like they used to, but I have to always mention the caveat I'm years detached from consistent play in the game and am not an authority on the new. There are people, goons in this thread, who have tenderly ushered this game along with the hopes of consistently improving it and drawing new interest.

As long as I've played the game, and I started around 2007? 2008?, boxing was a necessity to get to 65. I don't think that will ever change.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
There's only a few classes which are absolutely unviable to solo 1-65 with, though. But I don't mind the dual boxing. P99 has the luxury position of being the de facto classic EQ server, and it's got a huge population. Part of that is for sure because there's no boxing, which makes the game feel more genuine. That's great and all, but taking away boxing from SoD as it is right now (and right now the population is higher than ever before, so I've heard) would make leveling as warrior, rogue, etc just impossible.

What's more important to me is that the SoD server actually bans bigots etc. P99 doesn't. P99 has an official off topic forum with literal QAnon bullshit and the like. That poo poo doesn't fly in SoD, and mods actually tell people to shut up if they act like capital G Gamers in global chat. P99's laissez-faire moderation is a god drat curse.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i played SoD fuckin' years ago, and the most fun poo poo they have is the hardcore 'if you die you die forever' mode which i played extensively for 6 months

i had about a dozen level 20 to 50 characters die horribly to loving aviak trains or plowed by a ton of frogs

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

There's only a few classes which are absolutely unviable to solo 1-65 with, though. But I don't mind the dual boxing. P99 has the luxury position of being the de facto classic EQ server, and it's got a huge population. Part of that is for sure because there's no boxing, which makes the game feel more genuine. That's great and all, but taking away boxing from SoD as it is right now (and right now the population is higher than ever before, so I've heard) would make leveling as warrior, rogue, etc just impossible.

What's more important to me is that the SoD server actually bans bigots etc. P99 doesn't. P99 has an official off topic forum with literal QAnon bullshit and the like. That poo poo doesn't fly in SoD, and mods actually tell people to shut up if they act like capital G Gamers in global chat. P99's laissez-faire moderation is a god drat curse.

Definitely not higher than ever before. Higher than the last 3 or so years probably but the servers had 300+ on every day pretty much in the past. Been a while though. Maybe like 2013? 2014? Also can totally solo with a warrior, monk etc though rogue will be eternal pain

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Last time I played was during one of those exp reward advertising drives and it peaked at around 350 or so, I think that was around 2013/14.

I always get myself psyched up to play this server, then the inane tedium of everything but leveling hits me, tradeskill skillups are an enormous snooze and carpal tunnel fest, buying/grinding end game spells, blah blah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Honestly my favorite part of the game is leveling... Specifically the earlier levels, like 1-35 or 40.