Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordOfTheNoobs
Sep 7, 2009

I could probably give this game a try.

Not sure which class I'd want to go to, though might be leaning towards either Beastlord, Enchanter, Druid, Necromancer, or Magician.

Can beastlords tame other things as pets? Kinda want to have a bug of sorts as a pet, though I share very little experience with EQ stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordOfTheNoobs
Sep 7, 2009

please knock Mom! posted:

There's a list of possible pets per race here: https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Beastlord

You get your pet at level 9, and you can change it to another pet with an apparently (according to the wiki) difficult questline, so you can't just pick any model you want.

My friends and I are pretty EU-based, by the way. All the classes you listed are traditionally EQ soloing powerhouses though, and they all work decently enough with a duo partner as well.

Thanks for the advice, though not sure which race to go for, since it doesn't seem to have any insect pets available.

LordOfTheNoobs
Sep 7, 2009

Slugs are cute too.

Is there multiclassing? Wondering if I could be some druid/beastlord class?

Also can I choose one of the other races' pets if I do that quest thing?

LordOfTheNoobs
Sep 7, 2009

Stonewalljack posted:

No multiclassing, but you are allowed to duo. I would strongly suggest duoing, but I know a lot of new players prefer to start with one character. I know I did, but eventually made a duo as there is a much more you can get done on your own. If nothing else having something you sit in a corner for buffs/ports/patch heals is nice. The game is slow and simple enough to typically get use out of a box. As stated already, any of those classes can solo though.

Beastlords cannot charm new landscape pets, and I think even if doing the quest to pick a new one they have to stick with the original 3. I’m not sure of that though, feel free to jump in discord and ask.

I see. Boxing sounds fun. I'll probably hop into the discord some time and ask a couple questions there.