Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Kenlon posted:

I remember checking out SoD back in the day when Wiz was working on it. Looks like it's changed a lot.

As someone who doesn't like dualboxing in MMOs much, what classes are decent at soloing but still welcome in groups?

necro, mage, cleric (to an extent), bard, paladin if you stick to undead zones

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

please knock Mom! posted:

There's only a few classes which are absolutely unviable to solo 1-65 with, though. But I don't mind the dual boxing. P99 has the luxury position of being the de facto classic EQ server, and it's got a huge population. Part of that is for sure because there's no boxing, which makes the game feel more genuine. That's great and all, but taking away boxing from SoD as it is right now (and right now the population is higher than ever before, so I've heard) would make leveling as warrior, rogue, etc just impossible.

What's more important to me is that the SoD server actually bans bigots etc. P99 doesn't. P99 has an official off topic forum with literal QAnon bullshit and the like. That poo poo doesn't fly in SoD, and mods actually tell people to shut up if they act like capital G Gamers in global chat. P99's laissez-faire moderation is a god drat curse.

Definitely not higher than ever before. Higher than the last 3 or so years probably but the servers had 300+ on every day pretty much in the past. Been a while though. Maybe like 2013? 2014? Also can totally solo with a warrior, monk etc though rogue will be eternal pain

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Honestly my favorite part of the game is leveling... Specifically the earlier levels, like 1-35 or 40.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Roman Rambo posted:

Now that's the spirit!

Anyway I (fuwok) am back developing some cool, new content. I am very excited about the amount of actual good devs who are working together on content and backend right now. It is the most dev, admin, and staff churning out content that I can recall.

Awesome! I’m glad your back in it. I hope there’s more cooperation these days. I vaguely remember all kinds of inter dev drama years ago. Seemed like not a lot of communication going on.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Null1fy posted:

Years ago there was this dude, Tarutao, who was a megalomaniac. I remember I had some weird glitch or bug where I didn't get a quest piece and he debated the philosophical ramifications of helping me out because it might set a precedent of favoritism. When I said something to the effect of, "dude it's a video game" he lost his poo poo and muted me from everything in the game for a day, if I remember correctly.

Hahaha I remember him. He sure was a loving prick.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

El Fideo posted:

Ok, what am I missing about the Dream thingy? I hail the guide, he tells me to go past him to the Challenge, the Sorcerer, and the Choice, and then...?

There isn't anything past him, and the gate doesn't seem to have any way of opening. I'm absolutely lost.

Hehe press m to bring up the map. You run the other way.

Don’t forget to talk to the seasons guide to get flagged!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

boho posted:

Was Season 1 particularly alive? I love SoD and all its incredible content but I hate dual-boxing and always wound up burning out before getting to the part where there were people to play with.

I only played for a week but it was quite populated yeah