Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I just found out about SoD, and I know that there's a ton of new content but how much (if any) of the vanilla questing/story crud is around? I was mainly toying with the idea of rolling a new guy to screw around with stuff I never had time for when EQ was popular, and can't decide between the vanilla official f2p guy or this, which apparently has QoL and updates through the roof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Stonewalljack posted:

Very little of the content is original EQ. Many zones, especially early and leveling zones are setup similarly to their orginal EQ format, but names, gear drops mob levels and abilities can differ.

Hmkay cool, thanks for the clarification!