Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I lol'd at the calmness of the guy.

Checks mirror, calmly continues to munch on snacks

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
A hit and run of sorts, but as long as he reports the incident, he can continue to be unbothered by the jackass that pit-ed himself into a barrier because there's no shoulder or area to stop and exchange information, right?

My personal experience was when I swerved and ended up knicking a newish Infiniti that decided to stop on the highway because he missed his exit. I didn't notice that I'd hit anything until I got home, so I went to the police station the next day. After assuring the officer on duty that I really wanted to admit to a crime, I gave a statement that contradicted what was called in by the other driver minutes after the event. I don't know if it was because I turned myself in, because the cop saw my that my car had a dashcam, or both, but I never heard about it again, not even from the other guy's insurance

Thankfully they didn't ask to see the dashcam footage, because I didn't find out the cheap thing was busted until I tried pulling the clip of the strike and found out every file it had been saving was hours of pitch black silence instead of 15 minute clips of driving

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

A hit and run of sorts, but as long as he reports the incident, he can continue to be unbothered by the jackass that pit-ed himself into a barrier because there's no shoulder or area to stop and exchange information, right?

My personal experience was when I swerved and ended up knicking a newish Infiniti that decided to stop on the highway because he missed his exit. I didn't notice that I'd hit anything until I got home, so I went to the police station the next day. After assuring the officer on duty that I really wanted to admit to a crime, I gave a statement that contradicted what was called in by the other driver minutes after the event. I don't know if it was because I turned myself in, because the cop saw my that my car had a dashcam, or both, but I never heard about it again, not even from the other guy's insurance

Thankfully they didn't ask to see the dashcam footage, because I didn't find out the cheap thing was busted until I tried pulling the clip of the strike and found out every file it had been saving was hours of pitch black silence instead of 15 minute clips of driving

IIRC, It is illegal to stop on the bridge if your vehicle is still mobile. You get to the end of the bridge and pull over.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

On the one hand the guy trying to shove in front of him was an rear end in a top hat, but you can clearly see from the timing of the wheel movement that he deliberately pitted him.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m trying to understand this phenomenon I have witnessed a few times on my commute home. Sometimes based on traffic I end up going up the hill to the local university (SFU for BCers) which is actually a bit of a nice respite because it is a road you can speed on if you feel like, with 2 lanes and very few entrances to it.

Anyway there is a really frequent bus service going up there and most of the time you will pass a bus within the first third of the way up. What I have noticed is there is some special breed of idiot/rear end in a top hat that loves to drive parallel to the bus in the left hand lane, match its speed and prevent anyone from even doing the speed limit.

I can’t decide if these are just morons or wannabe cops trying to prevent people from zooming up the hill for whatever reason (they hate fun??). Regardless, I hate them.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

These people exist in the US Midwest and they absolutely do such things to be self-righteous.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Today the bus driver did us a solid by slowing down to open a gap so myself and a couple others could get around Ronnie slowpoke. Bus drivers know what’s up.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
ive had people do that next to me so I have to speed up or slowdown to let people behind pass to break the wall

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/nkrovetz/status/1766622893117440362?s=20

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The SA forums > Automotive Insanity > Bad Drivers! he just blasted on through.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/s/xWtLFgusMH

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

drat that lady is a cool cucumber

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
10/10 pit maneuver.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

The thing about all those is no matter how much of an rear end in a top hat someone is, the last thing I want to do is spend the next hour of my life talking to them or police. I just slow down and let them the gently caress in. Maybe honk or flip them off after but anything to avoid contact. Also I love my car and prefer no scratches.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

LloydDobler posted:

The thing about all those is no matter how much of an rear end in a top hat someone is, the last thing I want to do is spend the next hour of my life talking to them or police. I just slow down and let them the gently caress in. Maybe honk or flip them off after but anything to avoid contact. Also I love my car and prefer no scratches.

Yup take solace that one day they will try it against someone who is as big (or even more) of an rear end in a top hat as them and they will both end up having a bad time. People who drive like that will pay the piper at some point.

Just hopefully it doesn’t impact your commute in the process if the highway needs to get shut down for a bit

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

LloydDobler posted:

Agreed. Jerks behind the wheel will crash into someone, and probably sooner rather later. I would rather it not be me and my passengers having to deal with the aftermath.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
baited this coal roller and they missed all of them:

https://i.imgur.com/sgp4ekr.mp4

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Another sketchy post in this thread from you. Grow up. Don't "bait" people on a public highway, even if you're sure you are smugly better than them.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Motronic posted:

Another sketchy post in this thread from you. Grow up. Don't "bait" people on a public highway, even if you're sure you are smugly better than them.

being next to a coal roller and moving away when they start to roll coal i am not sure what sketchy bit is, esp as I had dialed 911 and wanted to have it on video for reports

edit: also not sure what sketchy post you refer to, the one I recorded in passenger seat of a car with falling bumper?

Celexi fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 19, 2024

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Celexi posted:

Can't stand 167 because of all the rear end in a top hat drivers on it. Least favorite highway I have to drive on.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Motronic posted:

lmao are you drunk posting

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Dont worry y'all motronic just baiting the baiter. We gonna get some snark when he wakes up tomorrow.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Celexi posted:

Missed all of what? I don't understand what's going on here.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

:shrug: no clue either

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
I'm ok with not seeing other people 'baiting.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Celexi posted:

being next to a coal roller and moving away when they start to roll coal i am not sure what sketchy bit is, esp as I had dialed 911 and wanted to have it on video for reports

edit: also not sure what sketchy post you refer to, the one I recorded in passenger seat of a car with falling bumper?

lmao are you saying you called 911 on a brotruck with a lovely exhaust?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
You all need some calming.

https://twitter.com/_david_ho_/status/1678141807283118086?s=20

https://twitter.com/_david_ho_/status/1678180322637168640?s=20

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Midjack posted:

lmao are you saying you called 911 on a brotruck with a lovely exhaust?

I did, not a fan of inhaling literal carcinogenics

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I want to see an American full size truck attempt to get through that, lmao.

It’d be a regular calm.jpg that’s for sure

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
https://i.imgur.com/WK13qtk.mp4

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Celexi posted:

I did, not a fan of inhaling literal carcinogenics

None of those on a highway

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I like loving with dimwitted yokels as much as anybody, but a stinky truck fart isn’t that big of a deal when Bobby Jim might have a gat in the passenger seat.

This forum is well-read enough that I shouldn’t have to go into how hosed up brake dust and tire particles are for you to breathe.

OP can do as they do, but I’m not that brave. A brotruck farted diesel on me recently and I couldn’t bring myself to care.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The biggest flex against children like that is not giving a gently caress.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I don’t like diesel smoke either but the extent of my opinion in this specific matter is just to say that 911 is for EMERGENCIES only. If you clog up the system by calling about exhaust soot, you’re a dick too.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Oregon has non‐emergency channels to report smoking vehicles.

https://www.oregon.gov/deq/FilterDocs/smokingvehicles.pdf

It sounds like they just send a courtesy letter to the owner though.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I don’t like diesel smoke either but the extent of my opinion in this specific matter is just to say that 911 is for EMERGENCIES only. If you clog up the system by calling about exhaust soot, you’re a dick too.

Washington state asks you to report such aggressive drivers by calling 911 after a period of time that people were getting shot at by aggressive drivers. And I’d disagree that such amount of unburnt diesel isn’t an emergency if it were to hit someone who has weak lungs or advanced lung disease- it’s literally assault and the people doing the coal rolling know it

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Celexi posted:

Washington state asks you to report such aggressive drivers by calling 911 after a period of time that people were getting shot at by aggressive drivers. And I’d disagree that such amount of unburnt diesel isn’t an emergency if it were to hit someone who has weak lungs or advanced lung disease- it’s literally assault and the people doing the coal rolling know it

An active sooter situation is no joke. Glad the roads are being kept safe :patriot:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

StormDrain posted:

Missed all of what? I don't understand what's going on here.

When the bro truck "rolls coal" no one is home in the adjacent lane.

Now whether he is doing it on purpose, or the truck is downshifting due to grades...I can't answer that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

priznat posted:

I want to see an American full size truck attempt to get through that, lmao.

It’d be a regular calm.jpg that’s for sure

One of my favourite beaches is one where the entrance to the parking area has two giant concrete posts that you have to pass between, with about 1.8 meters between them. You cannot enter the place unless you have an old compact car and fold in the mirrors. And it's in the middle of nowhere so not many people make it there by other means. Somehow this has led to a visitor population with much better behaviour and attitude than the average.