Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

weirdly chilly pussy posted:

An active sooter situation is no joke. Glad the roads are being kept safe :patriot:

This post made me laugh and the screen name made me laugh further. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

weirdly chilly pussy posted:

An active sooter situation is no joke. Glad the roads are being kept safe :patriot:

After my eyes stopped rolling after the previous post to yours, your post came up all sevens.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Presented without comment.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Traffic circles are hard k?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“We have magic roundabout at home.”

Magic roundabout at home:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

Presented without comment.

Diversity in car paint

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

evobatman posted:

Diversity in car paint

That's for the terrible car thread. Gone are the harlequin VWs.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

slidebite posted:

Traffic circles are hard k?

When you install a traffic circle on an area with population unfamiliar with them I think you should slant the connecting roads more. Orient the inroad more towards counter clockwise and make the corner tight enough that turning in the wrong direction would clearly require effort. Similarly make the turn to the off-road tighter so people need to slow down more before they reach the crosswalk.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Also hire snipers

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Just use those unidirectional tire shredders and watch the fun

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

Yup take solace that one day they will try it against someone who is as big (or even more) of an rear end in a top hat as them and they will both end up having a bad time. People who drive like that will pay the piper at some point.

My favorite is when the car making the rear end in a top hat maneuver has body damage that says they paid the piper already and will continue to do so.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Jimong5 posted:

My favorite is when the car making the rear end in a top hat maneuver has body damage that says they paid the piper already and will continue to do so.

Learning from mistakes is for suckers!!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Well, the car's already hosed, what do I care?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Have you seen the glory that is an East Bay roundabout?

Four-way stop, of course, and you must go around this lovely greensward...

That image was taken a few years ago, and that particular greenery is now over two meters high and completely fills the planted area which means you can't see anything coming at you, like cars or cyclists blowing through the stop sign and going the wrong way around the circle.

There are a lot more than just that one, and all are horrific.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I don't understand at all
https://i.imgur.com/O5Oqv9c.mp4

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Mustang drivers are never beating the allegations

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Glory glory hallelujah!
Another Mustang crashed!

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
Never lift.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

From the Terrible Car Stuff thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3502479&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1801#post538625020

quote:

Unlicensed drink-driver crashes Ford Mustang during gifted birthday experience
Footage shows the moment an unlicenced drink-driver crashed a Ford Mustang during his gifted birthday experience.

The incident happened shortly before 4pm on Sunday 24 March in Hradec Králové, a city in the Czech Republic.

A statement from police confirmed the 50-year-old driver had “strengthened himself with a beer and a shot of rum before driving” and tested positive for alcohol during a breathalyzer test at the scene of the crash.

He committed 4 offences at the same time - running a red light, not adjusting the speed limit, driving without a driver’s license and alcohol behind the wheel.

The experience was supposed to be a ride in a sports car as a passenger, but the man was offered to drive the vehicle instead.
That explains that yellow Mustang

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I dunno, if that sign he hit was the speed limit it sure looks like he adjusted it to me.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

It doesn’t explain why that article is on a .uk news site and still reads like it was run through multiple translations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Phanatic posted:

It doesn’t explain why that article is on a .uk news site and still reads like it was run through multiple translations.

It's because Oliver Browning at The Independent ran a Czech article through Google Translate, removed some extraneous bits, and hit "publish".

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
gently caress me for honking too much, but I've seen too many accidents here due to the lovely design of this intersection. Where I'm sitting, left-turning traffic from the oncoming direction blocks the view of anybody steaming up in lane 2, and if you just take your left without tip-toing cautiously, you run the risk of getting smoked in your passenger side. I've seen it happen twice in one year.

SUV ahead of me had right-of-way until they didn't, and I'm honking at them to proceed. Down here in the south it's just so common for someone to stop and wave you through when they've got no reason to stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8icCqWEJ4B4

Also WTF with the guy on the bike? Probably had a clearer view of the oncoming lanes than I had, but apparently those 3 seconds are too long to wait when you've gotta get to Publix. Better pull some sketchy poo poo.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Better honk at the guy who is slowing down for a yellow light on their side

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Better honk at the guy who is slowing down for a yellow light on their side

For all I know he was stopping on a full green to let me through. People just do that around here.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Same guy that waves thru someone at a 4-way stop instead of going when its their turn.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I hate "polite" drivers more than aggressive ones. At least you can predict the aggressive drivers. The polite ones throw everything into chaos.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

NoWake posted:

For all I know he was stopping on a full green to let me through. People just do that around here.

Yeah but you clearly don’t know that and instead just start blasting the horn

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/yqwtobk.mp4

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Amazing

edit: what the hell is the CG on that thing? lmao

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Seatbelts are so overrated.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I am just struck by how desolate and dystopian that place looks. Sand and some concrete looking bunkers

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Arcturas posted:

Seatbelts are so overrated.

I didn't know people could actually be safely thrown from the vehicle, I thought that was a joke to mock people afraid of seat belts

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

The Door Frame posted:

I didn't know people could actually be safely thrown from the vehicle, I thought that was a joke to mock people afraid of seat belts

Of all these videos I've seen from Arabian peninsula they seem to have this skill down to an art form. A SUV is tumbling round and round and flinging young guys in white dresses all over the place and then they walk away.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Just imagine what the videos are like that you thankfully DONT see (actually no don’t imagine that :barf:)

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

I saw one of those ages ago where the guy goes out the window of the car and then his arm gets ripped off and goes flying never to be found again. What I'm saying is Saudi Arabia is a land of contrasts.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Some say it's still flying to this day

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

Amazing

edit: what the hell is the CG on that thing? lmao

Typical SUV CG, which is why they’re all objectively poo poo.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:piss:
https://twitter.com/elaifresh/status/1774810135980134704?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:tesla: