Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Also hire snipers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I am just struck by how desolate and dystopian that place looks. Sand and some concrete looking bunkers

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Some say it's still flying to this day

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Full Collapse posted:

Driver’s education was optional where I grew up.

You know I just don't think driving would be very fun if I had to drive around knowing most other drivers on the road got their license from a box of cereal. Particularly not if I had a car I liked!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

It doesn't matter, you could be the greatest driver in the world but it's still an anecdote. Statistics on deaths in traffic says US has 12.9 deaths per 100k (2021), Finland had 3.8 in 2019, Sweden 2.2, Germany 3.7. So you can see there's a difference.

And those are deaths so more severe accidents, just minor accidents, the risk of your car getting done in by some rando. Just driving on the street knowing how little training there is required to drive would make me very paranoid....

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Nothing of value was lost or damaged

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Platystemon posted:

This is why synthetic overhead view systems exist.

Can't they just design a car that doesn't suck enough to need those in order to not kill anything that's child size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Platystemon posted:

That’s illegal in many places.

What you need is some extremely robust garden sculpture.

With some sharp features.

More seriously what about a reinforced concrete wall? Feels absurd you gotta design your homes like medieval fortresses because of all the heavy rear end SUVs drivens by idiots though.