Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
https://twitter.com/KiwiEV/status/1586447822882152454

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Yes those drivers are technically in the wrong for attempting to enter that turning lane after the point at which you're allowed to enter it is over, but realistically like, they're just people who realized they need to make a turn too late and there's no heavy traffic or anything, they both used their turn signals, just let them in and mumble "rear end in a top hat" to yourself if they don't do the curtesy little wave thing.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'm still kinda shocked there's nothing stopping oncoming traffic from getting up close and personal with you on a lot of US freeways. Seems.... Unnecessarily dangerous. 😬

Full send.

https://twitter.com/AutoBant/status/1641718128999538689?t=R5AeXM7P8xAZZTuMDwRo3w&s=19

Not quite the flying cars the Jetsons envisioned, but I guess we have to start somewhere.

Usually those trenches between highway sides are pretty wide and personally I'd prefer to deal with them rather than a single slab of concrete that I can get sandwiched between if something happens, when I was young I oversteered trying to dodge a truck tire I didn't notice in time and spun out on to one of those things, had plenty of room to get my car to stop without being in anyone else's way and only ended up with minimal damage (tires came off the rims/blew out, couple hoses tore). I still had like another 300 miles to go so after getting it towed to a random local garage I ended up sitting there for like 2-3 hours while the mechanic redid all the tires, fixed basically everything but couldn't quite get the power steering fluid hose sealed without waiting for a new part so I drove the rest of the way without it, I had like 400 bucks in my pocket and after all that the dude tried to only charge me like 50 or something, didn't realize until that moment just how different prices were in middle of nowhere West Virginia compared to a major city. Anyway that's my story about how I was the bad driver, I still miss that car sometimes.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Archive.org snapshot from 2021 that has the story as "last updated" July 17 2018 has word-for-word identical article text so...wtf did they suddenly update now?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Wasabi the J posted:

I ain't getting a reddit account lmao

lol, Reddit doesn't even force email verification (optional if you want account recovery), just make a throwaway account.

Buuuut for stubborn goons out there, here's a mirror
https://streamable.com/hibcac (this will take a few minutes to process if you're looking at this right after I posted it's probably not ready yet)

Edit: Wait, the original link completely accessible in incognito (that is, logged out) both in modern interface and old reddit (see above post) so...uh, what?

Brut fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Aug 4, 2023

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Safety Dance posted:

Imagine a four way stop, but with no stop signs. If you approach the intersection and there's nobody to your right, you don't stop.

That's just an intersection with the light out and

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Whenever my power goes out so does the nearby traffic light. I always walk out to see the chaos. People don’t even slow down.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

televiper posted:

How does dude stay on the saddle? Custom footpegs? Really grippy tankpads and good thigh strength? Safety buttplug?

Looks like he doesn't, since he kinda plops down when the roll ends, I think he's just hanging on for dear life with his hands and legs. Either way I have no idea if this would work at all if you're travelling in anything other than a perfect straight line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Now we're talking, just maybe add a couple doors on the side, make it a little wider, one more column of wheels and it'll be the perfect bike.