Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

gently caress you, Baltimore!

These are the only two Baltimore related things I know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj7a-p4psRA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMJMDEDXwec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

AFewBricksShy posted:

I was just pleasantly surprised that it wasn't another mustang.

BMW is mustang of europe

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Olympic Mathlete posted:

There should be no doubt whether this one's real or not :v:

https://twitter.com/HolyCow_Inc/status/1365006646670467075?s=19

"Uhhh gimme $20 on .... 4."

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Shameful route planning.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Holy poo poo it's a turducken of fucklings.

Turducklefuckling.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zero One posted:

The Bronco Sport probably isn't ready for Black Bear Pass. Especially if you go the wrong way and then try to turn around.

Dog is fine :woof:

Is safety and training really stressed in off-roading communities? If it's anything like guns, I imagine a shiny brochure and a (virtual) room full of self-identifying off-roaders could convince a novice driver they have the right tools.

Not that I wouldn't Google my route to ensure it's not "[Place]'s Most Dangerous Road."

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 27, 2021

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I bet she doesn't feel it right now but she's lucky. Definitely seems like the same kind of mistake that get solo hikers and paddlers killed. I recently got into kayaking, and it seems like the community at large is pretty "boring" and will urge caution all the time, even if not every paddler is doing the right thing.

I don't do ANY wilderness activity solo TBH; it's kind of a pain in the rear end, but I just can't bring myself to go on a lot of trails solo; I guess my logic is that there's some safety in numbers, if at least identify and solve potential problems faster. I don't "off-road" either, other than the occasional trail between hikes or something -- all my "actual" off-roading was done in a LMTV or HMMWV years ago. Getting my first off-road lessons in top-heavy up-armored military trucks gave me a healthy respect for spotting as an art form.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

https://twitter.com/kreeger/status/1471635890866954253?s=20

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BraveUlysses posted:

finally found one good cop

Yeah usually they wave em through to the protest

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Saukkis posted:

He's yelling: "Stop, in the name of God! Retreat from beside me Satan!". In a weirdly formal and archaic way.

Sounds like sovereign citizen and/or "legally insane" defense tactics imo.

Saukkis posted:

The driver is suspected to be the owner of the car, a government official and a candidate of our biggest right-wing populist political party.

There we go.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

RIP Paul Walker posted:

It should help cut down on trucks racing each other for tens of miles because one of them has a .5mph higher top speed.

Usually they're swapping positions for fuel efficiency (aero), not for time.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

StormDrain posted:

Haha what? Most drivers are paid by the mile and time limited. If someone thinks they can get further in their limited time they will pass to do so. It's usually not fully logical and just based on the idea that you gotta go fast.

I was misinformed

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

PremiumSupport posted:

I've driven in LA, Chicago, Minneapolis and Dallas.

New York City is one of the few places I will absolutely not drive in if given any choice. Last time I was there the bus I was riding in traded paint and body dents (we were sideswiped by the trailer) with a semi truck on the interstate highway at speed, and neither driver thought it was a big deal.

Did u die tho?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The speeding woman was on meth and killed a drunk driver.

The judge sentenced them while high off their tits on cocaine.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

NoWake posted:

Must be nice to just be able to turn down 19 bucks :(

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ThisIsButter/comments/15c4muh/dallas_pd_bodycam_shows_an_officer_shoot_wound_a/

holy poo poo, watch this but especially the amazing luck of this piece of poo poo at 6:40 mark

I ain't getting a reddit account lmao

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Motronic posted:

I don't understand what this is.....this person is, outside of being dangerous and terrible for doing it on a road, an actually terrible driver. Like, their technique is absolute trash.

There is a minor resurgence of "runner" videos lately too

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

lol

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Criminal somewhere. Whoever signed off on those brakes has blood on their hands.

11 people injured, no fatalities.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Idk this thing is driving exactly 💯 how an entitled prick would drive so maybe it DOES have the fully stimulated intelligence of someone like musk

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

charliemonster42 posted:

It seems like they just stopped turning? rear end in a top hat pass aside, that seemed totally doable if they'd actually turned the wheel at all...

No that wasn't "doable".

They were hard to starboard at nearly 60 mph and under-steered into the cliff.

It was never gonna happen and that was the "safest" possible crash they could have had.

"Doable" shouldn't be a consideration on the road. If you're thinking about what's doable in your car you probably drive like a dick. I can only imagine an aggressive and impatient driver thinking like that.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 30, 2023

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

we slidin'

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The SA forums > Automotive Insanity > Bad Drivers! he just blasted on through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Uhh did we just see someone die? holy poo poo

Also I would have no loving clue what to do