Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

You mean left hand.

Yes we do. A fair percentage of residents are from left hand drive countries even - 30% of all permanent residents were born overseas - in some fairly sizable areas its even a majority of drivers first drove on the "wrong" side of the road.

Joke about westies and bogns but the reality Australia is not a English majority decent country. Best example of course is Melbourne which has large percentage of the population whose ancestry is not the UK and most famously the oft cited Greek decedent community that would be likely the third largest Greek community in the world.

??? either I'm misreading or you have it backwards. It's referring to the side of the road you drive on not the side of the vehicle the driver is on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

MisterOblivious posted:

Just a bunch of miscommunication and misunderstanding of the phrase.

"X hand drive" refers to the side the driver sits on: "X hand traffic" refers to which side of the road you drive on.
Australians primarily use right hand drive vehicles, on the left side of the road. The US drives on the right side of the road in left hand drive vehicles.

Right-Hand-Drive is standard in a Left-Hand-Traffic country
LHD in a RHT country

Makes sense!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

PT6A posted:

How do you drive into a full-rear end *house*?

It ain't exactly hiding!

Gonna guess they were probably completely wasted, that or they had to swerve to avoid getting into a horrible accident with another car (driven by someone who was completely wasted.)

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Is it also possible they were just sitting on the latched seat belt? I have seen people do that.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Some douche dented my driver's side front quarter panel with his door in a parking garage in Philly while I was on vacation and drove away without leaving a note, but I guess it could have been worse.

Several times I have been sitting in my parked car for whatever reason when someone parks next to me and proceeds to slam their door into my car while I'm sitting inside it. Seems like a good way to get your rear end kicked eventually but what do I know!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Maybe I'm just an overly cautious baby but I generally slow down from maximum speed when I see cars turning in the road a medium-short distance in front of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Platystemon posted:

I heard it was a rental car, but I assumed it was from a commercial fleet.

They did that to just some individual’s car? :psyduck:

TikTokers are a scourge