Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

That road has a 30 mph limit. :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

nm posted:

The road has a 30mph limit but is designed like a 45-55mph road (arguably faster). Well, until the curve. American traffic engineering at its loving finest.
Stop building wide as gently caress roads that you want people to go slow on.

Yeah, it's stupid that people are going that fast on a 30 mph road, but it's almost equally stupid that a 30 mph road is designed that way.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Some douche dented my driver's side front quarter panel with his door in a parking garage in Philly while I was on vacation and drove away without leaving a note, but I guess it could have been worse.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

TBF that guy with the trailer was a loving idiot. You don't pull out when you don't have the right of way if oncoming traffic is going to have to slow down to avoid hitting you.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I hope they had to shoulder check the lane they were diving into before doing so. Training people to dive into a lane which they aren't sure is clear seems like a bad idea.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

PeterCat posted:

Ok, I was honked at repeatedly by the car behind me for not making a right on red.

I couldn't see the traffic coming from the left, so I decided to wait for the green light.

The way I look at it, right on red is an option and should not be considered as a mandatory turn that justifies a guy getting pissed and honking at me.

I'll honk at someone for not making a right on red when it's obviously clear. There's an intersection I go through every day on my way home where people like to stop for right turns even when it's green, and will frequently sit at when it's red despite the lack of a no turn on red sign. It's a long light and there's very little cross traffic.

As a driver of an actual car I too suffer from almost every other road user blocking my view in their enormous compensation-mobile when I'm trying to check for traffic for a right turn. It loving sucks, I hope gas goes up to $6 a gallon and everyone is scrambling to get cars again.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Deteriorata posted:

It was also recently outlawed.

The system works. :911:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Phanatic posted:

The driver's only crime here was in leaving the scene of the crash. She had the green light, idiot cyclist just ran the red light with no awareness of oncoming traffic. By the time you're most of the way through the intersection looking right doesn't do much good, and if she'd just have stopped and waited for the cops she'd have no liability for this at all, even putting aside the fact that New Jersey is a no-fault state.

This. If she hadn't run he would have been completely at fault.

Edit: also I would like to note motherfucker was wearing flip-flops running a red light while delivering for uber eats. He got what he deserved.

"I was about to look right" what, after you left the intersection?

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 1, 2022

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I saw someone pull the "two rights make a straight" maneuver today. They hung a right on red, immediately made an illegal U turn and turned right again to run a red light without technically running it. As if any cop wouldn't nail their rear end if they saw them pull that poo poo.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

But wait, what if we put the trucks on some kind of fixed guideway, then they wouldn't take up space on the highway and cause so much damage to the roads. Also, we could physically connect them, then all the power could come from the front truck, reduce maintenance and costs.

Oh wait...

It's just a train.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

The really fun part about paying truckers by the mile (or load) is the effect it has on truckers who drive places other than highways. If you ever drive in West Virginia coal country the poo poo truck drivers do on mountain roads out there is frankly terrifying. I saw them completely occupying both lanes to take 25 mph curves at 40 on multiple occasions.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Hopefully when that idiot kills himself he doesn't take anyone with him.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

BraveUlysses posted:

just read the comments to lower your iq 20 points

I love all the people telling him to stay safe. It's like, does this LOOK like a person who cares if they (or anyone else around them) live another 5 years?

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Our house,
In the middle of our street.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I like the way you can tell it was recently widened at the bottom for SUVs.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

What the gently caress kind of idiot thinks that because they've illegally blocked 1/3 of the oncoming lane they can completely ignore traffic coming at them in that lane?

Holy poo poo.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Holy poo poo.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I love snow content. If you've seen any send it this way please :allears:

Inject that poo poo directly into my veins.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Plenty of people still have to go to work even if their car is an ice cube.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

All EVs wear out tires faster than non-evs due to weight, yes. I don't think "insanely quickly" is really accurate though.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I feel like there are probably more compromises in EV tires as well given the higher prioritization of low rolling resistance and noise floor than IC vehicles.

Something has to give, and with the added weight it can't really be grip.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Been a while since we've had a truck fuckling of that magnitude.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I'm half the van I used to be.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

On the one hand the guy trying to shove in front of him was an rear end in a top hat, but you can clearly see from the timing of the wheel movement that he deliberately pitted him.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I dunno, if that sign he hit was the speed limit it sure looks like he adjusted it to me.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I hate "polite" drivers more than aggressive ones. At least you can predict the aggressive drivers. The polite ones throw everything into chaos.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

It's not the size of the boulder, but how fast it's moving. :stare:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Whenever my power goes out so does the nearby traffic light. I always walk out to see the chaos. People don’t even slow down.

Saw a new variant of this on the way to work today. Both the red and green lights on a traffic light were on at the same time.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

So many people should not be allowed to drive.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I've heard of an auto plant but this is ridiculous!

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I've never had a car with brake issues but I still have dreams about my car creeping forward no matter how hard I apply the brakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Weirdly, no. I'll let you know if that changes though.