Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

MomJeans420 posted:

I can't think of ending a sentence with a preposition without thinking of this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4XCZfkGF8k

Ok good I'm not the only one. gently caress if I remember anything about grammar from grade school, but that line stuck with me haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

You can always spot the two foot drivers tootling along on the highway with their brake lights lit.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

But then car make scary noise

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Phanatic posted:

Doesn't the Blue Ridge Parkway have some absurdly-low speed limit that's actually enforced? I mean, it makes every list of the most scenic highways or whatever but actually driving it sounds really unfun, either because of the said aforementioned speed limits or the slew of RVs and tourists that make the speed limit irrelevant.

I don't remember cops being an issue when I drove it, but the slow moving tourist traffic absolutely is. It's not a road for carving up the corners, it's for the gorgeous scenery.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

insta posted:

People drive to the mailbox at the end of their driveway dude.

I live in a pretty small neighborhood, without fail every afternoon there will be a row of SUVs idling for half an hour waiting for the school bus to drop their kids off, so they can drive them home. No single house in the entire neighborhood is more than 1/4 mile from the bus stop. It's absurd.

Like maybe in the dead of winter sure but this goes on year round.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Phanatic posted:

It is not unusual for schools to not allow kids to walk to or home from school.

Not saying that’s the case there but it’s a thing.

I'm talking about the (very short) walk from the bus stop to their house.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I watched this on mute but I imagine the sound was “BOING!”

Utterly amazing how the Tahoe driver didn’t even react before the impact. The rig is an rear end in a top hat, yes, but the situational awareness on the Tahoe driver is below zero.

Look, my instagram feed isn't gonna scroll itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010