Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
The sports stars are from DC teams but Eastern Motors has a Baltimore location so I'm gonna count it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T9cZOuMPsA
LaVar Arrington is serious about minivans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

mobby_6kl posted:

That's more of a jump than any of you losers ever managed
I caught air backwards, beat that!

I hydroplaned in heavy rain going like 50mph, spun 180*, then went backwards over the on-ramp of a cloverleaf interchange, caught air, and crashed through a yield sign. Those fuckers are much larger when you stand right next to one. That crash tore up the rear suspension / linkage so the body was resting on the wheel and shredded tire.

Ahh, to be 19 and young and stupid again. Now I'm just stupid.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ExecuDork posted:

Countdown to the inevitable spammy ad for green-screen covers for seatbelts.
Then he would have a line of bookshelf going across his chest making the attempt at trickery obvious. As this means the guy spends money and still gets caught I am 100% for it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Can you convince my dad? He turns left across 2 lanes of traffic to save literally 1 cent per gallon, then had to turn left out of the station across those 2 lanes of traffic. There’s a gas station on the right side of the road!!
That's how they get'cha! :clint:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Sigma posted:

I hope that employee/company enjoy their multi million dollar settlement for cutting down so many mature trees

TREE LAW TREE LAW TREE LAW

That is super hosed up. Maybe they could have moved the house by just doing a slightly lesser crime of shaving off one whole side of branches, but the whole move was wrong because they failed to get the big picture. The adage of "Measure twice, cut once" doesn't work when you don't measure and holy poo poo in this situation don't cut.

Wasabi the J posted:

Shameful route planning.
I know you were talking about the Huey but it still is relevant for the treefuckling.

It sort of reminds me of when the Space Shuttle Endeavor was moved to the California Science Center. From Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_Endeavour#Decommissioning

quote:

Endeavour's route on the city streets between LAX and Exposition Park was meticulously measured and each move was carefully choreographed.[32] In multiple locations, there were only inches of clearance for the Shuttle's wide wings between telephone poles, apartment buildings and other structures. Many street light standards and traffic signals were temporarily removed as the Shuttle passed through. It was necessary to remove over 400 street trees as well, some of which were fairly old, creating a small controversy.[33] However, the removed trees were replaced two-for-one by the Science Center, using part of the $200 million funding for the move.[32]

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 17, 2021

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Phanatic posted:

I like when I'm stopped at a light exactly where I'm supposed to stop at the stop bar and a guy making a left turn chooses to make it too tight and barely misses my car and gives me a dirty look like I'm the one who hosed up by stopping where I'm supposed to stop.

I see more people stop on or past the stop bar than stop at the proper location. My favorite is when they are in a left turn lane and stop completely past the stop bar and are no longer on the sensor so they don't get a protected left turn. The intersection doesn't know you're there if you stop on the wrong side of the stop line, ya dummy!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

BigPaddy posted:

Buckee’s is great. All the trashy gifts and junk food you could ever want.
Buckee’s doesn’t have truck parking so I drive past them and want to go in but my 53 foot trailer is dummy thicc so I can’t get in.

Love’s is my favored truck stop. They are expanding by building new stores while Pilot is just buying up old existing stores and remodeling them. TA and Petro have better mechanic shops but that’s it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Motronic posted:

Standard trailer hitch height is and remains about 17". Jacked up trucks need to use drop hitches to keep the trailer level.
Or they drop the back suspension and ride nose in the sky.

I have seen this version when they weren’t even towing anything.