Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Pinched from another social media page, a dashcam of a stolen car being taken for a joyride. Nothing too dramatic - no chases or crazy crashes - but instead of two dozen one-minute chunks of dashcam you get half an hour of one nutcase breaking laws, driving dangerously and gradually loving up an Audi R8 in the process, with a few stops to show off to people on the way. (He doesn't notice the dashcam.) Fifteen minutes in and the car handling is visibly worse. A little after that he breaks a wheel strut that leaves a rubber trail all the way to where he hides it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF9-qBXsqgw

Edit: lmao deleted, not entirely surprising. I'll see if I can find another upload later. Okay, hopefully that one works, apparently now with censoring and less identifying of neighbourhood snitches

uvar fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Ran into one myself today. Let's say you're a relatively new young driver (P plater, I don't know what the US equivalent is), out with some friends on a gravel road with sharp turns. You go too fast round a corner, up a bank, and flip the car, blocking the road to a local reserve and spilling cans of alcohol all over the road. Mom's going to kill you anyway when she finds out, so what do you do?

https://i.imgur.com/X4YGGNC.mp4

They gave it a few more yanks after I stopped the video. To be fair, it cleared a lane quickly and the car was probably a write-off anyway, but I feel like there was a better solution waiting to be discovered. (Perhaps they tried and failed to tip it before I got there.)

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
The dashcam video of it wasn't worth copying but I saw a pedestrian nearly get killed the other day. Traffic light intersection at a non-US "highway" with pedestrian crossings across two of the sides. An old woman with a walker started moving when the lights changed, but must have misunderstood which direction was active and headed off across the highway while the approaching cars had a green light. First car saw her in plenty of time, and slowed to a stop at the line, but it blocked the vision of the car in the next lane which sped past just before she reached its path. It was a good way to get to work feeling very awake.