Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
If it weren't for driving on the wrong side of the road and the ocean view, I'd say that this was local to me. I honestly thought it was in DuPage County at first. I don't understand his obsession with drawing all possible police attention though, he hates solid traffic lines and anything meant to make the car come to a stop enough to hit a speed bump at what, 50mph? I'm surprised that his front suspension wasn't torn off. Hats off to Audi, I guess
I'm disappointed that he was such a quiet driver, because I would have loved his color commentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

I don't understand Australian traffic laws and I don't know why half of the drivers in the videos are pulled over

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Almost got hit today coming off a stop sign in a 25mph zone. I saw the guy crossing the railroad tracks ~150yd away, so I took the left turn and immediately had a charger laying on his horn in my rear view mirror
For just a moment I was questioning if I was an rear end in a top hat who misjudged the situation and almost caused an accident, when he crossed the double yellow line to be right next to me for a few seconds of driving on the wrong side of the road before he made his tires squeal and flew down the road

Maybe I did think he was farther away than he actually was and I was in the wrong, or maybe he was going way faster than he should have been and he was in the wrong :iiam:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

You've got to get the car home somehow

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Gas shortage? Hah! There's only a gas shortage for chumps

E: alternatively

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 12, 2021

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

televiper posted:

I presume the initially misreported the 300 as a RR (my :thejoke:) , ran the story that way with a URL that matched the headline, then updated the story with the correct vehicle information, but didn’t want to bother with creating a new URL.

I know that YouTube heavily discourages re-uploads due to the way AdSense revenue works. I wouldn't be surprised if that's just a company wide policy and the effect on revenue from the difference in new page/old page engagement would make fixing the trivial problem economically problematic for a small viral story

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Love the telemetry showing 0% braking

The motor is pushing negative 25mph, I think they only engaged the regenerative braking

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I take sick amounts of joy in riding past stuck jeeps and trucks in my tiny FWD cars, properly sized snow tires are the best thing ever. With how heavy the CT is, I'd expect it to do better, but those are some really wide tires

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Blue Footed Booby posted:

What am I supposed to be seeing about his watch and shirt cuff?

That he's wearing a fitted summer suit with that conspicuously shows his chunky watch, with no overcoat, trying to get into his outdoor parked Tesla after a snowstorm. You can read a lot into it, but without a location and an age range, it just says clout without class to me. Fashion is serious business

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 19, 2024

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

A hit and run of sorts, but as long as he reports the incident, he can continue to be unbothered by the jackass that pit-ed himself into a barrier because there's no shoulder or area to stop and exchange information, right?

My personal experience was when I swerved and ended up knicking a newish Infiniti that decided to stop on the highway because he missed his exit. I didn't notice that I'd hit anything until I got home, so I went to the police station the next day. After assuring the officer on duty that I really wanted to admit to a crime, I gave a statement that contradicted what was called in by the other driver minutes after the event. I don't know if it was because I turned myself in, because the cop saw my that my car had a dashcam, or both, but I never heard about it again, not even from the other guy's insurance

Thankfully they didn't ask to see the dashcam footage, because I didn't find out the cheap thing was busted until I tried pulling the clip of the strike and found out every file it had been saving was hours of pitch black silence instead of 15 minute clips of driving

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/WK13qtk.mp4

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Well, the car's already hosed, what do I care?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't understand at all
https://i.imgur.com/O5Oqv9c.mp4

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Arcturas posted:

Seatbelts are so overrated.

I didn't know people could actually be safely thrown from the vehicle, I thought that was a joke to mock people afraid of seat belts

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

priznat posted:

*F250 blasts through without stoppping or slowing* :911:

https://i.imgur.com/2293BE7.mp4

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

We need more bollards in our lives

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Seems like the bollards worked perfectly. Also, you're complaining about no one able to see some that's 3ft tall in a parking lot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Weedle posted:

wait that works? if i beat the cop home i can call “base”?

Only if you're white and live in a big house