Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012

STR posted:

KACHOW and a BAM

Lightning McQueen turned into a real dick after the success of the movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
Unfortunately, with the way many towns are set up, being a pedestrian is basically a self harm risk. Take this town in Alabama I was in recently. As you can see, the hotel I was staying at (with the pin on it) is less than a quarter mile from that Target across the street. However, this road is a major thoroughfare, and the pedestrian crossings are roughly a half mile apart on either side of the shopping center, and they're very poorly set up. I learned the hard way that the crossing to the southeast only gives you enough time to cross from one side to the middle before you lose the crosswalk sign, AND the "push to cross" button in the middle island is non functioning. Additionally, since the parking lot is paved with asphalt and it was a clear as sunny day, I ruined a perfectly good pair of sneakers because they melted, even though the ambient temperature was only 75°F/24°C.

I was there on a business trip, and thought I could get away with just using a cab to go to and from the airport, and walk everywhere else. After three days, I called my boss and begged for approval of a rental car on an expense report.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
I can only imagine the rear end whooping that driver would have gotten if he'd actually made contact with the bus. Some of those bus operators have a ton of pent up rage and are looking for a good reason to kick the poo poo out of someone.