Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Boy that insurance agent is really gonna love seeing that video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

StormDrain posted:

I got the attention of the woman ahead of me at the drive thru to tell her her tire is flat. She got out, looked at it, said omg thank you. She then got back in and finished the drive thru thing which I get. I was thinking if she pulled into a space I'll offer to help her change the tire. Then she got her food and ... drove off down the main road.

That tire is hosed.

Well they wouldn't let tires deflate if it wasn't safe, obviously!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

It's reckless, but I think we all still wanted (or still want) to do it at one point in our lives. :allears:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
There's one stretch of road near my house that has a bunch of stop signs. The flow of driving on that stretch is basically speed up to the speed limit, then stop for a stop sign, over and over again for like 6 stop signs. I'd be much happier with roundabouts there...

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
If there's one thing abundantly clear to me about driving, it's that most people are completely incapable of thinking ahead like that. It's just simple poo poo that makes your life easier like getting over to the rightmost lane before your exit comes up on the highway, etc. People just don't think about stuff like that. Or maybe it's probably more accurate to say people just don't think.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
It's been an eventful morning. I could bitch about how I got stung by a wasp on my morning walk with the dogs, but that's not what this thread is about.

Nah, instead what I'd like to bitch about is the dumbass lady who floored it in reverse out of her driveway, nearly pancaking my dogs. Her excuse? She has a bush in the way and couldn't see us coming.

Wouldn't that be a reason to be more careful? We barely had time to yank our dogs back out of the way and go "Whoa, hey!"

Decided to kill her with kindness instead of chewing her out and just be like "Hey, it doesn't matter. Just be more careful and drive safe, and have a good day."

At least we know to be extra careful around that house now.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Lmao I saw that guy posted his video on Reddit and everyone tore him a new one because he was a dumbass.

I love that the truck driver also shared his video further confirming this. :allears:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
If you don’t try to own the guy who slightly inconveniences you on the road by necessitating that you tap on your brakes, are you really driving a BMW?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Platystemon posted:

I feel sorry for the rock face.

Just minding its own business when these two whackos couldn't put their dicks away in some kind of measuring contest. Poor fella.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Like 80% of the time when I see that happen it's a car with out-of-state plates, so they probably genuinely didn't know. The other 20% of the time I have no excuse for.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
What about the Jag though :thunk:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
My truck battery has been dead for months and today my Escape isn't cranking. Pretty sure it's the original factory battery from 6 years ago too. I'm the idiot for not maintaining my vehicles :smith:

Edit: Just a small update. I hate new cars. 2 hours of removing just the loving air filter just to replace the battery :argh:

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 15, 2022

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
When Ford advertises the Bronco as "taking you to places you've never gone before," they didn't mean it literally. :colbert:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Loved my Prelude. Got me to the train station and back many a snowy days way back when. I think I've actually lost traction more on my Escape now that I think about it. (Like two minor spinouts over the last half dozen years, nothing terrible though.)

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
If there's one driving thing that makes me irrationally angry it's the people who don't know how to accelerate on an on-ramp. You're supposed to be going highway speeds before merging onto the highway, idiot!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Brings a whole new meaning to "I'm tired."

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Midjack posted:

I get the exciting variation on this where they back in until the rear wheels touch and the bed blocks the entire loving sidewalk.

My dad does this with his giant loving truck. Nah dad, you ain't cool because you backed your truck into a spot and covered the sidewalk :argh:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

CannonFodder posted:

Or they drop the back suspension and ride nose in the sky.

I have seen this version when they weren’t even towing anything.

I can only afford to lift the front, don't judge.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

BraveUlysses posted:

Americans are retarded, hth

Speed limits are challenges and nobody challenges Randall "The Hog" Jackson

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I mean it is a bold claim but in a country full of stroads are you really shocked that people are constantly speeding?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I didn't mean to cast any doubt on your claim wolrah. I'll just throw this out here, who hasn't gone a few MPH over on roads you're comfortable on? I know I'm guilty of speeding at times. Sure, maybe not 10+ MPH over in New York city limits, but "speeding" is always relative to many things, individuals included.

My town is really bad about poor light timing and whatnot so it just leads to really bad driving habits because who wants to hit every red light on the way home? I sure as hell don't.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

builds character posted:

People go 10+ mph over in NYC all the time. No comment on whether that’s good or bad, just as a factual matter this is standard if you can do it (but there are a lot of cars so you often can’t).

I probably would go 10+ mph over in NYC at least once if I was comfortable driving there at all and I had the opportunity, but alas, neither has been true. I took the subway like a dumb little tourist

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Had a motorcyclist road rage at me because I beeped at him for flying past me on the right when I was explicitly leaving room for the construction folks on the side of the road.

Kept trying to cut me off and finally pulled along side me wanting to fight. I just kept telling him "OK buddy, drive safe." He got pretty bored of that thankfully.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Also how could I pop into this thread and also not complain about the motherfucker who stole the cat off my truck at 5:55 AM this morning :argh:

Thanks for the repair bill, hope you enjoy the crack.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Flint Ironstag posted:

Yeah, happened to my Accord last week. I found out when I started it in the morning and it made a noise like no plain jane Accord ever should.

I was awake when it happened to me. Heard the power tools and knew they were up to no good, but it was too late, I was only yelling at them as they ran away with it.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Flint Ironstag posted:

A Sawzall is a fantastic tool. Apparently too fantastic. As an auto tech, I know how fast one with a good blade can cut through an exhaust pipe. I just wish the scumbag had left me enough exhaust pipe on the forward side to allow me to make a cheap repair.

They cut it up against a clamp and it's thankfully a straight pipe section so I can straight pipe my truck for now, and there's no emissions in my county anyway so it's fine. At least as fine as someone stealing an old truck's cat for probably like $80 worth of scrap metal could be

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Genius! Then you can't spin out and your car goes in a straight line no matter what

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
What exactly was the thought process? You'd have to pedal like a motherfucker just to go up that slope anyway, let alone with enough speed to make the jump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Toll companies pay him every time he goes through a toll booth