Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

No eastbound and down jokes booooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Not so long ago a smart bumped a Iveco lince(the Italian equivalent to an humvee) and hosed the lince so hard they had to scrap it/salvage it for parts

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
The latest australia dash cam is quite wild

https://youtu.be/PXdkVl9jD1w

Handful of geniuses self owning with their crashes(that they were responsible for)

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 5, 2022

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Holy poo poo, poor Ypsilon. That guy must have been high as a kite(Also i have the distinct impression of having driven in that road but i don't remember when).

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Have people everywhere always been this inconsiderate or is it a new thing? I remember living in England as a kid and the adults were all about being considerate and thoughtful and blah blah blah.

Dodge doesn't sell the Ram in any European locale, it's usually a US troop that games import rules to bring theirs over. The photos show a V plate which is a commercial registration in NL to avoid taxes on registration and ownership. They are a scourge near Aviano for instance but move 20km over and nobody has anything bigger than a x5/q5/touareg.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

bad_fmr posted:

Normal tradesmen and other commercial drivers with their Transits and Sprinters usually manage to properly park their vehicles, which are at least as large as that stupid truck. So it is not like driving large vehicles is impossible in Europe. It just takes a special kind of dickhead to do that.

Just a side note, there are multiple sizes of Transits, Sprinters and so on in Europe. The biggest sizes move very few monthly units(they are mostly used as basis for campers), the standard size which moves decent units numbers is far smaller than that truck depicted in those photos/videos.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

bad_fmr posted:

Yeah there are different sizes for sure. In where I live, the standard length of a large van is 6 metres, and the longer ones are up to 6,8 metres. As far as I know from a quick google search, the length of a RAM (im assuming 1500) is 5,9 metres.

I think I have never seen a full size transit (L4-6,7m) in my whole life, only the L2(5,5) or L3(5,9). Same with Ducato (RAM ProMaster), Only the 5-5,5M models.

In other small penis size tidbits -> https://www.voertuig-zoeker.nl/bedrijfsauto/dodge/ram/1500/VHG-01-R/ that fucker converted it to lpg, so not only he cannot park for poo poo, he is also a cheap skate.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Phanatic posted:

Gah, everyone involved in this is awful:

Bicyclist crosses the double-yellow to steer around traffic stopped at a red light, runs right through that red light, and gets slammed by a New Jersey councilwoman who drives off without stopping and doesn't report the crash for six hours. Bicyclist claimed in interviews that he had right of way and is disappointed that a government official would ignore the law, she's refusing calls to resign. He also points out that he looked left and then "was about to look right" when he got hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZdL8pUu_Bw&t=31s

Not to sound like an rear end in a top hat but at least here in Italy, cyclist are supposed to look left/right BEFORE approaching the intersection, not while in it, also they should respect vehicles signaling lights if they don't have a dedicated lane. It would make his case pretty shaky in courts, likely rejected as a 50/50 responsibility share with the vehicle hitting him.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I've seen quite a few posts about speed limits and people not understanding what they're for or why they're getting fined for exceeding them. This plus the constant chat in AI about speed limits on roads being one thing but you probably getting into an accident if you dare drive at it has me wondering guys, what is your issue? Where's the disconnect?

https://twitter.com/GreyLadiesNYC/status/1573694275191291904?t=ezSDY3KtCZcuJkd6zmgyAg&s=19

One critical issue is that modern cars have so many driving aids and are comfortable at high speed to the point that they can go at almost top speed at the same level of comfort of going at 15kmh. So people that are not attentive will speed without even noticing.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

knox_harrington posted:

Where were you, El Salvador?

I'm betting South Africa.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
They are very light and high, plus they have tires closer to a bike than a car. The perfect recipe for a rollover if you drive them top speed in a sloped curve.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Our house,
In the middle of our street.

:sax:

Welcome to the house of fun

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Deeters posted:

Hard to get a good pic in the rain, but this guy parked next to me had at least 4 different EZ Passes on his windshield

That is amateur hour for someone that needs to go to austria or slovenia. Our company car has almost one quarter of the windscreen gone with highway passes on it.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

How pleasantly would US law enforcement engage a motorist driving with a balaclava? Shoot on sight?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

50/50 chance that doing the usual hot water bottle trick will make the glass explode, I think.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Haifisch posted:

Properly implemented roundabouts are cool and good, cities just can't stop themselves from loving them up in ways that defeat the entire point of a roundabout. (my favorite I remember is a roundabout that had stop signs at every entry point into the circle)

How about four way intersection converted into a roundabout, while keeping the semaphores operational on all sides because the road engineers was too lazy? It could never happen right? It happened, multiple times :negative: .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

He just wanted some green credentials for his truck.