Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

I've been thinking about rotten eggs as a solution for bullying. You would get seriously beaten, but if a bully gets enough dates ruined by random rotten eggs they might rethink their actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
Wouldn't the american solution be to install a huge billboard at the curve, should give drivers a clue that something strange is ahead.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Speeder crashed in the center of Helsinki yesterday. That street goes by the spot for the traditional largest gathering spot for May Day. Watch to the end to see a police van designed to pick up drunkards by the pallet load, and a proper loonie. He's yelling: "Stop, in the name of God! Retreat from beside me Satan!". In a weirdly formal and archaic way. The driver is suspected to be the owner of the car, a government official and a candidate of our biggest right-wing populist political party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2TlUqDB9fA

Police report busy May Day Eve, probe Helsinki and Hyvinkää crashes

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Oh ok, I thought it was odd that there was no sudden extra screaming when that happened.

That cop had a though choice to make, which would be more annoying to listen to, taser screams or the exorcism. A newspaper consulted a local bishop. His incantation is known as "exorcism of satan" and the phrases are from gospel of Matthew.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

PT6A posted:

And the interesting thing is that this is usually quite bad for most things you'd actually want to use a truck for, I guess towing excluded because it doesn't really matter. If you want to use the bed, chances are you'd like it to be low enough to use without a ladder.

Is the average trailer designed for modern truck heights, or do those trucks have hitches that drop the attachment to standard height? Trailer riding nose up and all the weight on the back axel probably isn't working as intended.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

What's the point of talking to reporters if they don't show your face in the evening news.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Around last New Year I finally experienced and understood this concept. I really didn't want to drive more than 10km/h above the speed limit on this road. In fact, I even stopped to let faster traffic pass me. Probably the first time in my life.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Or was the sentence cocaine or meth?

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Wonder if they will receive overtime pay. Also wonder if they had a choice. If the dispatch tells the Walmart trucker to join the Donner party how much autonomy do they have to go another route and be late at the destination.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

slidebite posted:

Traffic circles are hard k?

When you install a traffic circle on an area with population unfamiliar with them I think you should slant the connecting roads more. Orient the inroad more towards counter clockwise and make the corner tight enough that turning in the wrong direction would clearly require effort. Similarly make the turn to the off-road tighter so people need to slow down more before they reach the crosswalk.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

The Door Frame posted:

I didn't know people could actually be safely thrown from the vehicle, I thought that was a joke to mock people afraid of seat belts

Of all these videos I've seen from Arabian peninsula they seem to have this skill down to an art form. A SUV is tumbling round and round and flinging young guys in white dresses all over the place and then they walk away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

All this talk has been about 3 on the three, but how about transmissions with more gears, I would assume those were around for longer. I remember driving a relative's Nissan pickup around the end of 90s with 5-speed column shifter. That pickup thought me to appreciate diesel when I misshifted from second to fifth and the only issue was a slower acceleration.