Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I had someone at a gas station pull forward to the hood of my car while I was pumping gas, making me have to reverse to leave. Thats lovely. If a station is busy and you have to wait drive your car around until you're facing the same direction as the person in front of you. :argh:

Cage fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

wolrah posted:

If they had their filler on the same side as you and had instead pulled around and backed in with the same result would you be less annoyed?

I don't really consider a normal gas station to be directional since you can generally enter from multiple sides. Maybe a highway rest stop where literally all traffic is coming from the same entrance and leaving through the same exit, but IMO a normal city gas station is just a series of parking spaces wrapped around islands. Being able to pull through is common but not a guarantee.

Also was there another space the person could have gone to where they wouldn't have been "in the way" or are you saying they should have waited to fuel up until you were done just to let you pull through?
They should drive in a way that doesn't require me to back up, I don't know. Drive in a way that affects the least amount of people. Don't make people brake for you when you pull in front of them. There are 10+ pumps, she has multiple options so that she can easily pull forward. She can drive backwards behind my car if she wants to play circus games, sure. Don't make me do it.

Truga posted:

i've never seen a bi-directional gas station before lmao
wat?

slidebite posted:

It depends. It kind of is, but it's better than pulling up to a gas island with 2 open pumps and stopping at the first one.
Eh thats easy just drive past em and angle in.

Safety Dance posted:

I'm sorry you were mildly inconvenienced. This must be a really difficult time for you. The only thing we can do is shift from R to D and carry on as best we can.
Sorry my posting offended you. I'm just a polite driver I guess!

Cage fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 26, 2022

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

mobby_6kl posted:

Maybe they meant a gas station when you can deposit the gas from your car and get cash for it.
Surprised I don't see craigslist ads for this. CASH4GAS CALL 1888sdkjfhs

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I guess its just a matter of caring how much your actions affect other people, I guess. I was perfectly able to drive around the pumps one time to find someone facing the same direction I was with the pump on the right side. It took about 10 seconds and it makes everything flow easier so why not do it?

I see all of your points though, I guess it was silly to care when people do so much worse stuff.

Safety Dance I'm sorry you didn't like your secret santa gift from me :(

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Safety Dance posted:

Now I'm actually worried you were my AISS santa one year and I've forgotten
2017! I got you goofy pants because you helped the kid drive stick and thats what he wore. Probably some food items too.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Dont worry y'all motronic just baiting the baiter. We gonna get some snark when he wakes up tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

slidebite posted:

I don't mind column shifts.
Can't have a bench seat without a column shifter. :eng101: