Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Deeters posted:

Does Australia get a lot of people from right hand driving countries? Dashcam Australia seems to have more wrong-way drivers than any other compilations I see

Yeah, I did a trip out into the boonies last year and there were a ton of signs reminding tourists to drive on the left. It's maybe worse out in the sticks cos there's not always constant traffic to remind them which side to drive on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

ExecuDork posted:

Coming from Canada to Aus, no major problems but it took a couple of days to really settle the relevant habits like which door to open to get in and drive. But for the first few months, if I was on a road with no other traffic (dirt roads in national parks, for example) I would sometimes catch myself driving on the wrong side. Fortunately I always corrected myself before it graduated from "mistake" to "emergency". With traffic, you just follow the car in front of you, it's no problem. My wife and I still sometimes remind each other "left! go left!" when we're out driving and there's nobody else around.

Yep that's pretty on point. The problem out on some of the rural highways there's only milliseconds between mistake and emergency when there's a B triple coming round a blind corner at 110. If you're still here, did you get used to left hand driving as the default eventually? I found being overseas for a bit I was fine most of the time but in a situation where I had to respond to something without any time to think my instincts were all to go onto the left, which wasn't always productive.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Blue Footed Booby posted:

What am I supposed to be seeing about his watch and shirt cuff?

Looks like something a business wanker would wear.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Safety Dance posted:

Ah yes but imagine a world where this is an expected traffic feature, where driver training was more than a perfunctory semester in high school for most people.

You got driver training in school? That's pretty bloody fancy.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

priznat posted:

I agree, sometimes you shouldn’t try to save people from their own stupidity

It’s be like mandating roll cages on motorcycles or something.

Those are awesome though.