Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
Saw part of should have been an horrific accident today. Some lady took a left turn long after her red light had expired cut across 8 lanes, cutting off everyone and nearly dying. I heard the horns before I could see what was happening. A old gray Nissan Versa popped into view as she finished her death defying turn. She was shouting into her mirror with both her hands up at the guy behind her, who had the sheer audacity to dare to blow his horn at him.

I do have a dashcam, but it caught none of the drama, since I was third in line in the left turn lane at the time. Be careful out there, folks, people are idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Proud Christian Mom posted:

No these dipshits always existed they just couldn't as easily exercise their ability to be morons in a 400hp truck marketed specifically to them

This. Plus, social media didn't exist in the past, so these morons couldn't proudly post their stupidity for the world to see.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

StormDrain posted:

Yeah I think the trucks got taller didn't they? Whenever I pull up to a new one I'm looking up. The bed rails especially are a lot taller.

Yeah, they are taller. As a 6'2" auto tech, I used to be able to easily reach into the engine bay of any unmodified truck. Not anymore. New trucks are oversized clown cars built for the insecure.

I don't blame the manufacturers for that, I blame the customers.

Flint Ironstag fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 2, 2022

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

A teachable moment in video form. The music helps muchly.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Zorak of Michigan posted:

I thought everyone knew you have to pull through a gas station, complain about the price of gas, and only then continue the maneuver.

Related. Kind of.

I am an auto tech, and years ago worked at a shop on a very busy corner. We had lots of people shortcornering through our parking lot to avoid waiting for the right on red. One day, 5 of us were pushing a no-start into a bay (4 pushing, 1 steering) when some clown blew his horn at us because we were pushing too slowly. Without a word, we all stopped pushing and turned to stare at him. He eventually backed up, and I hope he lost more time than he was hoping to save by cutting the corner.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Nidhg00670000 posted:

As always, I never follow my own advice never to read Youtube comments.

Goddammit.

Thanks. Due to your comment, I went back and scanned the quotes. Ouch. So many people making excuses for that idiot.

At least there is some pushback in the replies.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Mall crawler driving badly? First time ever!

Flint Ironstag fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 16, 2022

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Hopefully when that idiot kills himself he doesn't take anyone with him.

Agreed. And hopefully he hasn't bred, yet. We don't need those genes/upbringing being passed on.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Macichne Leainig posted:

Also how could I pop into this thread and also not complain about the motherfucker who stole the cat off my truck at 5:55 AM this morning :argh:

Thanks for the repair bill, hope you enjoy the crack.

Yeah, happened to my Accord last week. I found out when I started it in the morning and it made a noise like no plain jane Accord ever should.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Macichne Leainig posted:

I was awake when it happened to me. Heard the power tools and knew they were up to no good, but it was too late, I was only yelling at them as they ran away with it.

A Sawzall is a fantastic tool. Apparently too fantastic. As an auto tech, I know how fast one with a good blade can cut through an exhaust pipe. I just wish the scumbag had left me enough exhaust pipe on the forward side to allow me to make a cheap repair.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
That left/rear tire looks low. I hope the snow cones are made with more attention.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ThisIsButter/comments/15c4muh/dallas_pd_bodycam_shows_an_officer_shoot_wound_a/

holy poo poo, watch this but especially the amazing luck of this piece of poo poo at 6:40 mark

You mentioned luck, yet I still puckered up at that point. That clown needs to never see the light of day again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

LloydDobler posted:

The thing about all those is no matter how much of an rear end in a top hat someone is, the last thing I want to do is spend the next hour of my life talking to them or police. I just slow down and let them the gently caress in. Maybe honk or flip them off after but anything to avoid contact. Also I love my car and prefer no scratches.

Agreed. Jerks behind the wheel will crash into someone, and probably sooner rather later. I would rather it not be me and my passengers having to deal with the aftermath.