Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Spotted in the wild

I have concerns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I have yet to see a road rage crash video that doesn't involve at least two assholes escalating things for a while first

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

No fine for the guy who's literally parked across a lane? The dangerous situation starts there, regardless of the other guy being aggro about passing

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I was just about to post about booster antennae. Those things are great, especially in the parts of the US that are flat nothing, so I can only imagine they're a trucker staple in "flat nothing: the island"

coldpudding posted:

I haven't seen one torn apart but I assume they are essentially a cell band antenna on the end of a long fiberglass stick.

Yep. The antenna is just the pod on the end, the rest is mast because height matters A Lot for wringing performance out of the things

Among the best couple hundred bucks I've put into my camping gear.

Javid fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jun 11, 2022

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

When you want to make SURE anyone you run over meets both your hot exhaust and spinning drive train after the bumper concusses them

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I'd stay on the sidewalk in any of the cities I've seen the rent -a-scooters available, too.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

It's never just one, either, there's always piles. I've often wondered if anybody ever just throws a heap of those things in the nearest dumpster when they accumulate a half dozen in front of a building

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

StormDrain posted:

Haha what? Most drivers are paid by the mile and time limited. If someone thinks they can get further in their limited time they will pass to do so. It's usually not fully logical and just based on the idea that you gotta go fast.

It IS fully logical - once you understand the driver is under pressure from a manager who doesn't give a poo poo about anyone on that road, including the driver, and just has a spreadsheet with miles per month on it that must always go up by any means necessary

also when you're driving a semi, there are just cars mad behind you, at all times, forever. Making a different lane mad for ten minutes to pick up 1.7 mph isn't even a decision, as opposed to possibly getting yelled at and/or shafted with worse dispatches because your boss thinks you took too long to do the route

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

The practice of knowingly governing a vehicle to 20+ under the speed limit in a state it will be dispatched to should be federally banned, as a start

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

when the rasberry pi running it freezes up and causes a head-on

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

lmao "fired"?

a second week trainee did exactly that on my former route, and only had to take an extra 3 hour safety class before graduating to solo driver four weeks later

Large Testicles posted:

Source: Was a dipshit who went to their school and worked for them.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

you are looking for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necessity_(criminal_law)

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Honestly that wouldn't be a terrible feature, if they're selling them in failed states that can't even manage to pick up a 911 call

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

absolutely glorious update on this guy

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Motronic posted:

Starts with the driver who likely didn't pre-trip properly if at all. Can't wait to see how the tractor nor either trailer had any spring brakes. It's literally impossible to miss this three times if you're doing the things you're supposed to be doing before driving a commercial vehicle.

whenever a driver "didn't PTI" I tend to assume there is a culture of that behind them reinforcing that behavior. I would wanna know what happens at that company when you try to take a vehicle out of production for an issue. A lot of places love to go "no time, got loads, make it work" until video of someone making it work shows up on the news, and then it's all that driver's fault for not saying anything blah blah

Maybe it's better in not-:patriot: parts of the world but lol enjoy your unofficial management retaliation for making sales call somebody up to reschedule their rock delivery if you show up and won't drive the truck they give you, because someone else will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Saukkis posted:

Wonder if they will receive overtime pay. Also wonder if they had a choice. If the dispatch tells the Walmart trucker to join the Donner party how much autonomy do they have to go another route and be late at the destination.

they will be penalized for using extra gas and also being late, even if they lose less time and fuel than getting stuck would have been