Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

mobby_6kl posted:

Bad driving is coming from inside the thread! Not on video but here's an illustration

I'm driving north and, following the signs, about to take the left turn there since you're not allowed to continue straight. When a delivery van comes flying in the opposite direction at usual delivery van speeds. I brake and let him pass through, thinking what an rear end in a top hat he is. Buuut I'm sure if I bothered to dig up the laws, it's me. Since the direciton of the priority road wasn't specified, it continues staright even if you can't actually go there, so I'm supposed to yield there. Though even if that's technically correct, this arrangement seems like an great way to create a ton of accidents. I even double chcked the intersection on streetview and there were no signs there previously at all, which is definitely preferable.

Post that streetview link! Or at least what country/state it's in? Uncontrolled intersections are pretty uncommon in my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

That guardrail is for protecting the steep foreslope in picture 4, you don't need to protect One Car Hill from oncoming traffic because there's no obstacles within the clear zone (except arguably the backslope of the ditch, but then you'd have guardrail everywhere out in rural spots)

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Imagined posted:

It often happens that in bumper to bumper traffic I'm stuck in the rightmost lane because I'm going to exit soon, and as I'm going along I'll see someone on an upcoming onramp on a trajectory that is going to intersect with mine. So, since moving over is a bad option for me, I'll either slow down slightly or speed up to try to let that person in. WAY TOO OFTEN THEY WILL MATCH MY CHANGE IN SPEED AS IF TO MAKE SURE THEY HIT ME. :argh:

This is 100% the same person who will pull up simultaneity to the same 4-way stop sign as you, be on your right, and yet you wave you on as if you should go. But then hit the gas at the same time as you when you actually go.

That person has been conditioned to trust no one. They know where it's at.

If you slow down at the same speed they are, when you get annoyed and speed up, a gap will have been created. Assuming you weren't rear-ended

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

I love the good journalistic practice of doxing the witness who spoke to reporters.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

insta posted:

Corolla needs to move the gently caress over before it gets what it deserves

Death before dishonor undertaking

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Also who is dumb enough to not get the ice scraper out first thing before you try anything

Protip: use your plastic kitchen spatula instead of metal if you're going after a painted surface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Nuevo posted:

I was like "how the gently caress did they hit the telephone pole yet end up there" until I zoomed in and saw that they caught the wires on the box and pulled so hard they snapped the pole.

Holy gently caress :psyduck:

Wires aren't strong enough to snap the pole, but they are strong enough to support it once it has been snapped

Truck hits pole, breaking it near base - tension of the wires supports the upper unbroken piece

Edit: Well the one on the ground looks pretty rotten, maybe it was just a really bad sistering job?