Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Based on most of the cars being stopped after passing the camera car I imagine it's for speeding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://i.imgur.com/9dot8Nv.gifv

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/kristingiannas/status/1363817396025380864?s=21

https://twitter.com/dmoodywdbo/status/1363816657991438336?s=21

It's a Jeep thing.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

PenisMonkey posted:

So she got out of her car and didn’t notice it as she was walking up to berate the guys? I’m calling fake.

Nah I totally believe that she could have missed it if she was on a rampage to jump out and yell at them.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/wesh/status/1382449010162737161?s=21

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Just the other day I was in the right lane and the person to the left of me turned right. They were not in a turn lane AND my lane had the option of going straight. Luckily I was turning too or I would have t-boned them.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Near my house is an intersection with one road having 6 lanes in both directions (2L, 3 straight, 1 straight and right). I need to turn right to go home. Turn on red is allowed but because you can also go straight many cars do that and block turning on red. Technically legal.

Here is the thing though. Very often the right turn lane will be dozens of cars long and it will take multiple cycles to get through. The 3 straight lanes are always much shorter... sometimes even just 1 or 2 cars. But people going straight will sit in the far right lane for multiple cycles while people to their left zip by. And it's not like they need to turn just beyond the light... there is tons of space to change lanes after the light before any major business.

I hate all those people. It's like they want to spite us right turners on purpose.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbHpazJFg5s

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I witnessed a hit and run today. This car was going too fast for conditions (it was just raining) and cut me off just before slamming into the car in front of us who was slowing for a red light. The car they hit spun around 180 degrees while they drove off the side of the road into an overgrown field.

I pulled over to check on the hit driver (she was ok just really shaken up) and call 911. The car in the field took off and disappeared. Cops took forever to show up but took my description of the other car.

I had been considering a dash cam but was putting it off because I have never seen anything interesting. I feel like those was a sign to get one (but I'll probably never see anything that crazy again).

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
First Model S Plaid fatalities?

https://www.wfla.com/news/pinellas-county/two-killed-after-tesla-model-s-crashes-into-palm-harbor-home/

Ran a stop sign at high speed and crashed into a house. Killed one passenger and one person in the home.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The Bronco Sport probably isn't ready for Black Bear Pass. Especially if you go the wrong way and then try to turn around.

quote:

San Miguel County Sheriff
8 hours ago
*Black Bear Pass and Bridal Veil Rd open since 10am Sunday after being closed to vehicle traffic at 745am due to vehicle rollover. The pass re-opened after the vehicle was cleared. Thank you for your patience. See below for details.

230pm Deputies have learned that the women were driving up Bridal Veil Road and entered the one-way Black Bear Pass going the wrong way. The passenger told Deputies they did not see the sign indicating the beginning of the one way pass. After a couple of switchbacks they decided it was best to turn around. The passenger then stepped of the vehicle to help the driver navigate, and while backing up, two of the wheels went high enough on the embankment to cause the vehicle to begin to roll. The 2021 Ford Bronco rolled off the cliff an estimated 400 feet, ejecting the driver, the dog, and the vehicle's engine before coming to a stop.

1045am Dog update: 1 year-old golden doodle "Chewy" treated for minor injuries, doing well.
10am According to initial reports, driver is an out of state 23 year-old female who was ejected and suffered serious injuries. Her passenger was out of the vehicle when rollover occurred and not injured, and a dog was ejected and being treated at a local vet. Fortunately, no hikers or drivers of other vehicles were killed or injured by this falling car or associated debris.

Sheriff Masters wishes to thank TFPD, Telluride Marshal’s Deputies, and CSP for their efficient response and care and extends his best wishes to the driver for a good recovery from her serious injuries. Sheriff Masters also wants to remind everyone, “Black Bear Pass is an extremely dangerous road and should only be driven by experienced off-road drivers in appropriate off-road vehicles. Legally, a 16 year-old who got his driver’s license a few hours prior, may attempt to drive the pass in his grandmother’s 1980’s sedan. That doesn’t mean it’s safe to do so."

940am Deputies and wrecker on scene; estimated time for road and pass to be re-open is by 1030am.

830am Black Bear Pass and Bridal Veil Rd are closed due to vehicle rollover. Will reopen after wrecker removes vehicle. Unknown ETA.

Driver treated on scene by Telluride Fire Protection District medics and transported to Telluride Regional Medical Center for further care. #blackbearpass #bridalveil #telluride

Photos courtesty of Telluride Fire Protection District

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The Tesla Model 3 involved in a fatal crash near Miami that killed two people on Sept. 13 was traveling as fast as 90 mph before hitting two trees and bursting into flames, according to preliminary findings of the incident by the National Transportation Safety Board.

The federal vehicle safety agency also found that the 20-year-old driver did not attempt to use the vehicle’s brakes during the five seconds of data that the NTSB was able to collect from electric car’s fire-damaged event data recorder.

“Preliminary evaluation of the data indicated that application of the accelerator pedal ranged from 0 to 100 percent, the service brake remained off, and the maximum recorded vehicle speed was 90 mph,” the NTSB said in the preliminary report that was released Wednesday.

The speed limit of the residential street that the crash occurred on in Coral Gables, Florida was 30 mph, according to the NTSB.

The NTSB’s preliminary report did not address whether any of Tesla’s controversial driver-assist systems, marketed as the standard Autopilot and premium Full Self Driving packages, were involved or believed to be involved in the crash. A spokesperson for the NTSB declined to comment on any the systems.

“The preliminary report is silent on that aspect,” he said in an email to CNBC. “The investigation is ongoing.”

The NTSB, an independent federal vehicle safety agency led by Chair Jennifer Homendy, investigates crashes to determine all contributing factors. They also make safety recommendations to automakers, the Department of Transportation, and other groups and government offices based on their forensics and findings.

Four years ago, the NTSB issued safety recommendations to Tesla, but CEO Elon Musk and the company have not adopted them. Among other measures, the NTSB recommended that Tesla “limit the use of automated vehicle control systems to those conditions for which they were designed.” That could mean, for example, only allowing drivers to use Autopilot or FSD, the company’s driver assistance systems, on the highway and in mild weather conditions. The NTSB also recommended that Tesla design and install better driver monitoring systems that precisely detect when a person is not really attentive to the road and engaged in driving.

NTSB Chair Jennifer Homendy expressed concern over this matter in a letter to the company in October.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/12/ntsb-tesla-model-3-traveling-up-to-90-mph-before-fatal-florida-crash.html

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

StormDrain posted:

That's why you back into your driveway like a king.

I do that and it's also why I don't trust cross traffic sensors. Every time I back in my garage they alert me that my garbage cans are about to t-bone me.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Goes
Over
Any
Terrain
Sandbars
Excepted

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Matt's Offroad Recovery has a lot of videos of people stuck in "dry" lakebeds.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/Phylan/status/1517507755162148864?s=20&t=dshBRAViE7jwbYoT4Ib6Rw

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.autoblog.com/2022/04/29/man-jumps-ford-f150-raptor-breaks-back/

quote:

Footage of the incident posted on Instagram by the truck’s owner, who goes by Caz, shows the Raptor rapidly approaching a jump, catching a good amount of air, and landing on four wheels. “I aimed for 60 [mph] but it may have gotten beyond that as I wasn’t looking at the speedometer. Got a nice, smooth jump but unfortunately I landed a perfect pancake; all four wheels at the same time,”

The extra travel didn’t soften the blow, and the landing broke the driver’s T12 vertebra in three pieces. He told The Drive that the injury caused the worst pain he has ever felt. “I literally threw the truck in park and dove onto the ground to straighten my back,” he explained.

In a follow-up Instagram post, Caz wrote that doctors repaired his vertebra with two rods and six screws. He said that the truck is fine; he hasn’t been able to drive it because he’s been hospitalized since the incident, but his father has and reported that there is nothing wrong.

“I knew there was a chance to damage my truck off-road, but I never in a million years thought about me being physically harmed. It’s definitely a wake-up call,” Caz concluded. He wasn’t the only off-roader that landed in the hospital with a back injury. He added that the driver who hit the same jump at about the same speed in an identical truck right after his run was hospitalized with a fractured spine as well.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/wspd6pio/status/1523736887562698753?s=21&t=9UBqZXUs7cK9CUn4Jo9sDg

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
My street has community mailboxes. Like 9 houses in one unit.

It's directly across from my driveway so I just walk but I see quite a few of my neighbors drive to it. And not always on the way to/from work or another place.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Driving from New York to Detroit is faster than driving Detroit to the northern tip of Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Phanatic posted:

But in fairness Wisconsin should have invaded and annexed that poo poo a long time ago.

Hey, we won it fair and square in our war with Ohio!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

PremiumSupport posted:

Mount a snowplow on the tram and just push the thing out of the way.

Ram on the tram to slam the Ram.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

BigPaddy posted:

My non lifted, completely stock, non off road package 2021 Sierra does not fit in a garage made in 2021. So good luck to that guy.

My stock 21 Supercrew short bed F-150 just fits in my 1985 garage mostly thanks to the extra space for laundry. But I can't open my dryer door when it's parked in there.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Looks like a pretty tame rear end collision to me.

Unless someone wasn't wearing a seatbelt they're probably fine.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKTy16mC2g4

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/freep/status/1581797653880328193?s=46&t=dgkoWHpuMky4D2vikczjbQ

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEZPLBFeduY

His dad is going to kill him...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
There is an intersection I drive a lot which has a left turn light that switches from Green to "Yield to oncoming traffic" as my light turns green.

Often there are lots of people who just gun it for that left turn without yielding. I admit I've been guilty of going on my green while people are running the "yield". I do watch for idiots who won't stop (because I don't want to be in a crash) but usually my big truck will give the light runners second thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Drunk Teen Pulls Up To Gas Station With Tree Stuck In His Ford F-150