Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

It's the new extended cap model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Yeah, it's stupid that people are going that fast on a 30 mph road, but it's almost equally stupid that a 30 mph road is designed that way.

It's designed that way because it's a bridge.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Advent Horizon posted:

Who TF thought this was a good way to load a dump truck?!

https://i.imgur.com/92FKiG3.mp4

The skip is from when I told the dashcam to take a picture.

Don't put [img] or [timg] tags on videos.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Where was her seat belt?!

Musy have been loose or blended in well, because you can see it right after the wreck.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

PeterCat posted:

Y'know, I always complain that people who buy Barret-Jackson cars don't drive them, so go on ya to this guy.

Also, the guy on the right appears to be pregnant.

Maybe they should register it and learn how to drive first, though.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

meatpimp posted:

My favorite Texas metric is that you can drive from Marshall, Texas (which is on the East side near Louisiana) to El Paso, Texas. Then, when you get to El Paso, you're closer to Los Angeles than you are to Marshall, Texas.

Bristol, TN is closer to Windsor, ON (397 miles) than Memphis, TN (446 miles).

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

Or they drop the back suspension and ride nose in the sky.

I have seen this version when they weren’t even towing anything.

It's called the Carolina Squat.

It was also recently outlawed.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

chaibat posted:

https://twitter.com/Idiots1nCars/status/1630161935475027969?s=20

Not sure if I embedded that right, but these kinds of clips make me wonder what I’d do if someone brake-checked me and then completely stops in traffic. If I have my daughter with me, I’m not taking the chance of getting rear ended. What do you think the insurance/ cop situation is like if the back car just drives into/through/around the rear end in a top hat car in front? Not like demolition derby style, but with enough force to move past the car? And legitimately say I was afraid of getting rear ended?

"I was afraid of getting rearended so I rearended the guy in front of me" isn't going to get you very far. You're responsible for yourself and maintaining control of your vehicle. Part of that is keeping your cool with assholes.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It was referring to what the poster chailbat posted, not the trucker.

In the trucker's case it depends, in the video he did all he could do, started to back up and go around. If the driver got out of the car and tried to harm the trucker it's an entirely different story.

Agreed. There needs to be a clear, present threat to use the necessity defense.

People in other cars are responsible for controlling their vehicles and not hitting you, so they are not an direct threat.

IANAL, this is a side discussion that came up in my driver's ed class years ago and I'm going by what the teacher drilled into us.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Brut posted:

Archive.org snapshot from 2021 that has the story as "last updated" July 17 2018 has word-for-word identical article text so...wtf did they suddenly update now?

It's useful as clickbait, I guess.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I watched a situation like that.

I was living in Indiana and driving home in a blizzard. All the cars were lined up, doing about 35 mph on a 55 mph highway, staying close enough to see the taillights of the car in front, but far enough to brake if necessary.

A guy in a Chevette decided that he needed to pass this entire line of about 30 cars with zero visibility. He got about three cars in front of me when he ran into a snow plow and got launched into a corn field. The snow plow didn't even flinch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Just wanted to throw some shade at his friends.