Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

SlapActionJackson posted:

My brother had a hellofa start to his morning

Looks like it happened at just past the crack of 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Aeka 2.0 posted:

For some reason I live for correcting people making wide right turns. It gets me off. I don't know why.
I love finding a double right turn lane setup at an intersection, I take the left lane possible, and make my legal right turn only to have the guy on the inside swing wide into my lane EVERY loving TIME. So I lay on the horn, watch them jerk their wheel everywhere. I don't know, its satisfying to me.

So the other day I did the same thing, laid on my horn, the dude got mad and pulled around to my driver side at the next light

"so whats up, man? "
"There are two right turn lanes, you swung wide into mine"
"well, the left most lane eventually has to turn, so everyone has to swing wide"
"no, that's not how that works, its illegal to swing wide on a right"
"you have to swing wide"
"no dude"
"gently caress OFF" *drives off*

It felt good.

Here's the offramp:

And I was laughing about the excuse that everyone needs to turn wide since the inner lane basically becomes a forced turn. And uh, if I've never been there, how would I know????

But lets humor him and see how quick that forced turn comes up:

LOL

Gonna get hit and have to deal with insurance or a hit and run driver for the lulz

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

In my old age I tend to favor gas stations that aren't a complete clusterfuck trying to get out of in the direction I wish to travel.

Can you convince my dad? He turns left across 2 lanes of traffic to save literally 1 cent per gallon, then had to turn left out of the station across those 2 lanes of traffic. There’s a gas station on the right side of the road!!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Imagine repeatedly driving around the block to earn your car’s validation and release that dopamine by seeing a bigger number

We live in a loving hellscape

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

It is in certain groups, not in others.

I'm assuming this person was a solo vehicle because while I've seen some bad decision making in groups, I've never seen a group running a trail literally all go the wrong way on something as well known as that trail.

Also from what I've seen, that pass is not actually all that demanding in terms of vehicle performance (articulation, etc) in good conditions like this. The difficulty and danger is entirely wrapped up in how tight and narrow the trail is, combined with the extremely high penalty for loving up. That Bronco Sport may well have been able to make it across the trail, driven the right direction by a competent driver.

Black Bear isn’t too bad, but the Bronco Sport, especially with stock tires, is going to have a real poo poo time on the steps. Other than there and a little bit on the switchbacks it’s basically a gravel road.

https://youtu.be/t3t418vM3jI?t=3m55s

3m55s if it doesn’t work

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

VideoGameVet posted:

It's nice to see Jeeps being used as Jeeps.

That would be a fun road on a bicycle.

The Rodeo Labs guys have a good post on it. It’s loving sick. I didn’t have the right bike the last time I was in Durango but it’s on my list.

https://www.rodeo-labs.com/risk-reward-black-bear-pass/

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

2021 supercut, some real winners in here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y5UwiSvtiA

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Two absolute loving idiots, also gently caress the cammer for being so excited for a crash that could cause serious injuries

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Doubtful, with car prices so high the repairable threshold is even higher than normal

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

wolrah posted:

Most speed limits in the US at least are not set reasonably for the road.

Would love a citation for this pretty huge claim

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That study is specifically on highways, so it’s a bit of a stretch to take it and apply it to any speed limit anywhere.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

These people moments after crashing their own car: “Better stand in the road”

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Zorak of Michigan posted:

I think someone is going to make a lot of money when they make a drone you can deploy from a squad car and which can automatically shadow a designated car and transmit its location.

Skydio has that exact product offering

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Motronic posted:

"These Are The Cars Most Commonly Owned By People With DUIs"
10. Ford Contour - 2.92 percent
1. Dodge Ram 2500 - 4.95 percent

https://jalopnik.com/these-are-the-cars-most-commonly-owned-by-people-with-d-1848622617

How many Ford Contours are still on the road? They’re just about 25 years old now for the newest ones

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

“What if my two year old daughter was playing nearby? Her safety is the most important thing.”

Drives away on bald as gently caress tires

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I love 2 hit my breaks

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

My takeaway is that 3 concrete barriers will protect me up until someone drives a rocket assisted bus at me

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Better honk at the guy who is slowing down for a yellow light on their side

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

NoWake posted:

For all I know he was stopping on a full green to let me through. People just do that around here.

Yeah but you clearly don’t know that and instead just start blasting the horn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Whenever my power goes out so does the nearby traffic light. I always walk out to see the chaos. People don’t even slow down.