Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Don't merge with us or we'll rip your nuts off! Complain about your fellow "motorists" here. I'll just start with some of the hits from the end of the last thread:

Dashcam owners Australia is always a favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YALuzziTOr8

And the video from which I plagiarized the thread title:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sZuN0xXWLc

Link to the old thread if anyone needs it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3568842

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Dec 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Shouldn't it be "those with whom we share" or "that with which we share" ?

:D

Just asked my former english teacher dad and you're absolutely right. :suicide: Then he followed by saying that ending sentences with a preposition is glossed over enough that it will be considered proper soon.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

I had a low speed crash where the seatbelt did its job and held me back, and I just watched the airbag go off in front of me. It was kinda surreal.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Ya know I visited Australia once, (loved it, you guys are awesome) and I rode shotgun with a local who drove me around. So I was in the US driver's seat. All my reflexes were wrong, I had a few massive scares purely out of instinct and muscle memory. The driver enjoyed it and laughed a lot at least. If I were to drive, I would have either had to concentrate super hard and really focus on re-orienting myself, or I would have simply crashed and given up, I don't know. Of course if I was planning to drive and prepared in any way it could have been a different story. But just climbing in cold I was very confused several times.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

I'm LOL at the poor little Roomba. He sure gave it a try.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

They actually teach in driver's ed now to never turn with someone next to you because they will invariably take your lane. You intentionally slow down or speed up to stagger the spacing for when some dildo does it.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

If it's a seldom used turn then it's just bad road design. I agree everyone should queue in both lanes and then merge when the time comes. On the flip side, passing a lot of people will have some of them thinking you're a dick.

I have noticed there are a lot of signs now directing people how to merge since it's become a politeness vs road rage issue. In my hometown there's a big USE BOTH LANES and then TAKE TURNS AND MERGE signs at a place where a 2 lane highway becomes 1 lane through a town. And I've seen new USE BOTH LANES signs while visiting Denver this week.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

meatpimp posted:

She's played racing games before.

It's amazing how no matter how many times you hear stuff like keep your arms down and don't brace, you just can't help it. At first her arms were in her lap where they should be, but at the very last second she put her arms up at 10 and 2 and stiffened them. I'd probably do the same thing, but it's really interesting to see it in action.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

And then what? Left the scene of the accident?

Looks like he's getting dragged in the comments for it and having to defend himself. Also it looks like he didn't do anything defensive other than step on his brakes. Seems that he's patting himself on the back for being unremarkable.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 25, 2022

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

As if the trooper wasn't just sitting there finishing his paperwork or reading his phone. Nah bro it's cuz you're soooo quick.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

I'd say check your local laws, you might be the one in the wrong driving past multiple right turns in the right turn only lane. I know in many places the lane is not for "I'm eventually turning" but "I'm turning right now".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

The thing about all those is no matter how much of an rear end in a top hat someone is, the last thing I want to do is spend the next hour of my life talking to them or police. I just slow down and let them the gently caress in. Maybe honk or flip them off after but anything to avoid contact. Also I love my car and prefer no scratches.