Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

StormDrain posted:

Most certainly the driver is going to lose his license.
People that do poo poo like this don't care if they have a license or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

That windshield got fuuuuucked

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Colostomy Bag posted:

In my old age I tend to favor gas stations that aren't a complete clusterfuck trying to get out of in the direction I wish to travel.

There is a gas station nearby which has 4-5 islands with a large convenience store, an A&W with drive thru and the cherry on top - a fairly large full service sit down restaurant attached to it.

All with a single entrance/exit on a busy road that is about 50' from major controlled highway intersection :downs:

Oh yeah, you have to drive either through or around the pump islands to get to the restaurant. I am not sure how this design got approved. They shouldn't even allow left hand turns out of it - it's a disaster. You'll get one chucklefuck who'll insist on turning left to get out during rush hour which will back everyone up in the parking lot for like 10 minutes. Of course they could turn right and, you know, go around the block (or any other multitude of ways) but refuse to do it because MUST TURN LEFT.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 9, 2021

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Wasabi the J posted:

Shameful route planning.
There is a dumpsterfire of terrible route planning in Winnipeg right now.
Last week:
https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/residents-upset-after-moving-company-cuts-roblin-boulevard-trees-down-1.5539331

followed by this a couple days ago
https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/province-launches-investigation-into-the-house-move-in-winnipeg-1.5546779

quote:

Five days later the moving company ran into more trouble. The province said on Aug. 11, the same house being moved by the same company hit the overhead sign on the Wilkes Overpass at the South Perimeter Highway.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

If the Honda driver was going less than 100 it would make it even worse.

What an awful thing. This story talks a little bit more about the MB driver. NOT to excuse her in the slightest, but what a poo poo show.

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/9587881--all-i-see-is-darkness-impaired-driver-in-jenny-dixon-fatality-sentenced-to-5-1-2-years/

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

jfc

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I doubt that's much of a problem at somewhat legal speeds, at 100mph, yeah that might be an issue.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Hey that's why I bought a tesla man

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Short of your ABS failing or using your park brake, can you lock up your wheels on a modern car?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

She should keep her eyes open for sure but what kind of organization closes a road via facebook?

e: Assuming the op isn't full of poo poo of course

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Oh for sure I get announcing a closure on social media, but you still need to put a barricade, sign or a pylon up on an actual closed road. The OP was saying there was nothing else.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

God dammit I'm a moron. I thought it was closed before, because of some sort of work, not because of the tree.

Carry on :saddowns:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

jesus gently caress :stare:
:911:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Jesus christ, what a split second decision.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Throw her off the loving bridge already.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

The safety in modern vehicles is truly remarkable.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Lord Ludikrous posted:

You also get people like Stephen Bagwell who has hundreds of dashcam clips uploaded of minor inconveniences, none of which have more than a couple of hundred views.

Except one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xdM5JwEHZE

Be sure to watch with sound on.
Did I just listen to someone actually give themselves a stroke because he didn't get out of the passing lane? Jesus what a jackass.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

BraveUlysses posted:

the guy STILL REPLIES TO COMMENTS on the video like a very normal person
Oh god, he does

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

God what a loving Weiner.
Yeah, WHAT ABOUT the jag indeed you loving douche.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Jesus christ that crosswalk :stare:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Powershift posted:

Spotted today:

This guy was a loving contractor, which suggests he does this pretty much every day. The trailer was also riding on the bumpstops and had no signal lights or brake lights.
I would literally call the cops on a guy like that. How loving stupid do you have to be. I get going around the block or your front yard to back, but around the city on major roads? I mean, make an attempt with a $5 tarp at the minimum FFS.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I'm curious what the strap is anchored to up top.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I see it now. Maybe the wiper arm.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

You mean free flow, merge and yield are different?

I swear to god, the number of people turning right into their own dedicated lane but slam on their brakes because ~traffic~ makes me :smithicide: every. loving. day.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Cage posted:

I had someone at a gas station pull forward to the hood of my car while I was pumping gas, making me have to reverse to leave. Its not me, thats lovely right? If a station is busy and you have to wait drive your car around until you're facing the same direction as the person in front of you. :argh:
It depends. It kind of is, but it's better than pulling up to a gas island with 2 open pumps and stopping at the first one.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Off the top of my head, I think Costco is the only one I've seen in Canada (or Alberta at least) where there is any kind of clear directional control for the pump islands. As in, full DO NOT ENTER or ONE WAY ONLY signs and you'd have an attendant talk to you if you if you tried.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

jfc it looks massive. Do they have their own refinery on site?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Was washing my truck the other day and some loving moron left his Duramax running. In the carwash. With all the overhead doors closed.

FFS how stupid are you?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

bigman.50grand posted:

Warning: Humps Ahead
https://i.imgur.com/x3FKjJB.mp4

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I have no idea whatsoever where the claim comes from or how true it is, but I've definitely heard that Sweden has more restored American 1950s cars than the United States itself has today.
Not a chance

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Deteriorata posted:

It's called the Carolina Squat.

It was also recently outlawed.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

11 minutes in the cops say he had 2 priors for the same thing in the past year.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Jesus christ that poor pedestrian, that's nightmare fuel :stare:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1606402492253839379?s=20&t=W9jnXPd-fMCJh7_M1pjcrg

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Olympic Mathlete posted:

^^ Bollards catching people trying to go places they shouldn't is one of my favourite things :allears:
Oh god yes. I can watch them for hours.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I KEPT PUSHING THE BRAKE!!! IT JUST KEPT GOING FASTER!!!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I hope that bus had a dashcam good enough to get the plate on the car.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Well that escalated lol

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Pretty sure that's 10 years old now, but its still a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I genuinely thought they closed that off to driving thru.