Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I suffer from the twin disadvantages of driving cars that are both short in height and have short hoods so I have to really pull way the gently caress out to see around the ubiquitous trucks and SUVs in my area.

Like, my Fit is completely dwarfed by 80% of cars on the road and no matter how good its visibility is I can’t make up for a Ram 3500 pulling six feet beyond the stop line. I am at eye level with the hoods of most trucks and even most SUVs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

StormDrain posted:

That's why you back into your driveway like a king.

This is why I back into every parking spot. My son who just got his permit is also doing this everywhere we go. It’s drat near impossible to see around all these goddamn giant trucks and SUV’s if we were to back out in our tiny-for-the-modern-era cars.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I know this is a few days late but have a compliation of people who thought they where all in the right enough to send their vids in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re2n8kSGIj4

Right off the jump with a winner. What’s the thought process there?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I’d be more satisfied if I knew for sure that woman had learned a valuable lesson from this, but she will probably just blame the poor restaurant employees in her mind somehow, and continue her fuckwit behavior.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

The Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and Blue Ridge Parkway all have low speed limits but are still massively enjoyable to drive.

A cross country motorcycle trip isn’t insane if, as said above, you stay off freeways as much as possible and budget at least 2x as long as your initial plan just to stop and see poo poo on the side of the road.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

My sons and I did 6200+ miles across 15 or so states last year and we didn’t even make it to the west coast - we took 80 west and then went south after Yellowstone. I’ve done a 9000 mile road trip in the US and only managed 21 states.

In October we did Tail of the Dragon which was 1900 miles round trip, in essentially a long weekend.

Next time I think we will go south to TN and take 40 west. I know there are big stretches of nothing there but it will at least be new.

So yeah. USA BIG.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

NoWake posted:

A friend in Michigan has had multiple people use their long, narrow driveway as a turnaround over the years. Most just pull in and back out, but some are real jerks and leave the pavement to turn around, going off-road & leaving muddy ruts in their yard.

This time, the rear end in a top hat left a lot more than ruts.

This kind of poo poo happens in my driveway with delivery trucks. We have a turnaround/parking area at the end but some drivers choose to just go halfway down the driveway, then back up into the EXTREMELY WET ALL THE TIME part of my yard and turn around and leave five-ton-van-sized ruts. There was a few year period where this was a weekly occurrence and I’ve become apoplectic when it does happen.

I caught the Amazon guy doing it a year ago and when I yelled for him to stop, he just flipped me off and screamed obscenities as he drove away. I wish he had gotten stuck. I took pictures and got his plate and had to fight with Amazon about it.

I don’t order anything from Amazon anymore since then and am happier for it.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

This one is almost refreshing compared to the things I’ve seen, but just thought it was fun how both these people decided at the very last minute that they were in the wrong place and even crossed the stripes. I’m sure I’ll grab more exciting stuff now that I have one of these fancy “dashboard cameras” to fiddle with.

https://youtu.be/QUl0wXOQQCA

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

kastein posted:

Sounds like Brazil or Russia then.

Brasil would have been two dudes on a Honda 125

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Last winter we had similar fog and snow conditions on Rt. 81 here in PA and we ended up with a 50-car pileup. People just didn’t slow down and kept on crunchin’. Unfortunately 3 people died

https://youtu.be/dRXMtDlX0Ko

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Beaten off the line by a no-hood-having, paint-peeling, tire-roasting integra with JUNK on the windshield, and tops it off with that telephone pole smash…incredible.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Almost had to write off the FiST earlier today. Goddamn driver of the red GM never even so much as glanced in my direction.

https://youtu.be/OolAGFablg4

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Tesla FSD functioning as intended

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

He got MASSIVE extension on that flip. Limber vertebrae!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Just a couple of dingbats congregating at the same place and time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUkAU2tpJ8Y

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I watched this on mute but I imagine the sound was “BOING!”

Utterly amazing how the Tahoe driver didn’t even react before the impact. The rig is an rear end in a top hat, yes, but the situational awareness on the Tahoe driver is below zero.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDv6IhYVHWQ

Why not pull over to the right? Why drive another half mile at 55mph to CROSS THE ROAD? Less-than-WWII-tank-visibility at highway speeds.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

https://youtu.be/gunI6OyhDVc?si=cxEbvHFs3V2Yuxla

Smart guy had the gall to honk back at me after this bonehead maneuver…

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Platystemon posted:

IMO it was a bad idea to pass across a double yellow, on a bridge, transitioning into curve, at night.

Opinions are like assholes.

I happen to agree wholeheartedly with yours though.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Here I am
Doing everything I can
Holding onto what I am

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I don’t like diesel smoke either but the extent of my opinion in this specific matter is just to say that 911 is for EMERGENCIES only. If you clog up the system by calling about exhaust soot, you’re a dick too.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I don’t have twitter so I can’t see the replies but I really wish I could see the takedown on this woman. If the pipe hadn’t been there she’d probably have taken out the corner of the bank building itself. “I can’t see them”. Then you shouldn’t drive, Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Also she called the door handle a “handlebar”. Banned from driving for life.