Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

yamdankee posted:

Oh no GT-R, don't...:ohdear:...*phew*!

Oh no Lambo, don't...:ohdear:...*phew*!

BMW? :yeshaha:

That was a McLaren not a Lambo :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Javid posted:

Spotted in the wild

I have concerns.

That's for races. Park in the infield of the track and sit/stand on your mobile deck.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgRMbdkFzbw

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

SlapActionJackson posted:

My brother had a hellofa start to his morning

Is your brother the car driver or the home owner/renter?

Bonus points if he's both :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Phanatic posted:

I'd be amazed if Tampa can even issue a permit in that time.

I can get them quick but I have connections :smug:

But yeah otherwise good luck.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

loving moron

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

What I don't get is out of all those people in that meeting, not one of them called him out for his completely obvious bullshit.

This is why important bills aren't being passed because of a bunch of pussies that don't want to ruffle any feathers. gently caress that guy.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://www.chronicleonline.com/news/local/hummer-destroyed-in-fire-one-person-hurt/article_b7d2ba02-b34f-11eb-a432-cb80308881fa.html

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

In my old age I tend to favor gas stations that aren't a complete clusterfuck trying to get out of in the direction I wish to travel.

Yeah or try to figure out another way out besides the biggest pain in the rear end way. Funny how some people insist on leaving the same way they came in even tho they'd have to go across four lanes to make a left turn, then wait for a football fields' worth of space to make a move holding up everyone trying to leave to the right.

I think some people are just incapable of improvising and problem solving while driving

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Deeters posted:

Same reason we end up with people diving across the gore point or reversing up the freeway.

There's definitely people that will only drive the exact same way back from wherever they went to because they have no sense of direction at all, and a simple change like leaving a gas station on the north side instead of the east side would completely gently caress them up. I personally know people like this that have lived in my area for years.

Don't even get me started on people that can't understand a simple grid system, or even the concept of North, South, East and West.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

YEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QlHNdDs1mA

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Or they could have just taken the loving rotor assembly off of it and re assembled it when it got to it's destination, would have been relatively cheap insurance to prevent exactly what happened.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Deteriorata posted:

"I was afraid of getting rearended so I rearended the guy in front of me" isn't going to get you very far. You're responsible for yourself and maintaining control of your vehicle. Part of that is keeping your cool with assholes.

Nah, if someone is actively loving with you and is road raging, you need to do whatever it is to just get away from that person. You don't know if that guy is stopping to pull out a gun or come and smash your windows with a baseball bat (have seen plenty of those videos) so are you just going to blindly obey traffic laws and sit there? My explanation would be "I didn't know what he was going to do so I moved his car out of the way and kept going."

I'd worry about the explanation later, if I got a ticket for "rear ending" the guy oh well.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It was referring to what the poster chailbat posted, not the trucker.

In the trucker's case it depends, in the video he did all he could do, started to back up and go around. If the driver got out of the car and tried to harm the trucker it's an entirely different story.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dude was having a bad day and said gently caress everybody :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Motronic posted:

I don't understand what this is.....this person is, outside of being dangerous and terrible for doing it on a road, an actually terrible driver. Like, their technique is absolute trash.

It's because the cool thing to do is the "gangster lean" which is not really good for actually controlling the car well at all over 20 mph, then mix a terrible driver with physics and you get videos like that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

StormDrain posted:

OK grandpa

Gangster leaner spotted :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

In his mind at least he looked cool for Tik Tok in the 2.2 seconds before he lost control, that's what matters

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZoWQRJUsu8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

priznat posted:

Was the mercury brand slightly fancier than ford but not as fancy as Lincoln? I’ve never understood it. Or was it like the ford version of Pontiac which was like the base (Chevy) cars but slightly weirder and uglier.

Back in the 80's my dad's wife had a foxbody Capri, slightly different exterior than the Mustang and had a nicer more sporty interior. Slow as poo poo with the 4 cylinder just like the Mustang tho :v:

Then they got a Dodge Daytona turbo which was a lot faster but it was a steaming pile of poo poo that spent more time at the dealership getting fixed