Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'll put the real hot take out there after this game

Baker is better without OBJ

Just like Stafford was better without Megatron.

Not focusing in on one WR is a good thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Next year Browns will let OBJ walk, but they need a WR, LB, and a Secondary outside of Ward.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gatts posted:

Next year Browns will let OBJ walk, but they need a WR, LB, and a Secondary outside of Ward.

Obj would be a cut. Harrison earned a spot next year otherwise extremely yes. If Greedy's shoulder unfucks and Delpit comes back in his college form the secondary has fewer questions. We could really just go BPA on defense every pick next year though.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The Dolphins will not have a losing season. This is wonderful

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

a neat cape posted:

Just like Stafford was better without Megatron.

Not focusing in on one WR is a good thing

BOB account spotted

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

tarbrush posted:

The Dolphins will not have a losing season. This is wonderful

Have to give credit. I thought coming into this season they'd be in contention for worst record in the league. I didn't figure they'd have a winning season this year.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Obj would be a cut. Harrison earned a spot next year otherwise extremely yes. If Greedy's shoulder unfucks and Delpit comes back in his college form the secondary has fewer questions. We could really just go BPA on defense every pick next year though.

Could we trade OBJ you think? Injury yes but I'd like to think we could get a 1st. I don't think he'd be happy on the Browns.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

i hate the chargers

go chargers

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Gatts posted:

Could we trade OBJ you think? Injury yes but I'd like to think we could get a 1st. I don't think he'd be happy on the Browns.

20mil cap hit in a year the cap is going to contract coming off an ACL. Like a 5th maybe? Doubt we could get a first even if he was healthy with the recent influx of rookie receivers.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

20mil cap hit in a year the cap is going to contract coming off an ACL. Like a 5th maybe? Doubt we could get a first even if he was healthy with the recent influx of rookie receivers.

So just keep him. Hopefully we can find a better way to incorporate him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

i hate the chargers

go chargers

Yeah... this is just... wow

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
the bengals are a football team

perhaps

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

Yeah... this is just... wow

Lynn should be gone now. Like right now.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I knew the Chargers game was going to be rough but holy poo poo

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Chargers don't fire people midseason especially even if they deserve it. that being said Lynn is gonna get shitcanned the second the clock hits zero on week 17. What a sad-rear end performance.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MylesLGarrett/status/1335701256887808001

lol. lemme just take this mans head on a walk

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

The Chargers don't fire people midseason especially even if they deserve it. that being said Lynn is gonna get shitcanned the second the clock hits zero on week 17. What a sad-rear end performance.

this is the most embarrassing performance I've seen in the entire Lynn era. That includes the playoff loss to the Pats in 2018

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Oh absolutely. It's beyond pathetic.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

OxySnake posted:

I had no idea that was the final play.

Glad to see that Williams went all in on tanking by sending pressure on a hail mary.

He did that poo poo all the time in New Orleans.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Seahawks are frauds?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Seahawks are frauds?

Clownball is powerful, and the NFC East is the best at Clownball.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Seahawks are frauds?

:yeah: that was pathetic

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
LOL at the Giants leading the NFC East.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well, nothing's saving Anthony Lynn's job now

Holy poo poo that is a completely unprepared team.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

really weird how the chargers' special teams has been holding them back thru like 30 years and 10 coaching staffs

you'd imagine they'd end up with a good unit occasionally through law of averages if nothing else, and yet

one of those weird time-invariant truths that happen in sports

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I can't believe Adam Gase outlasted 4 head coaches.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

Well, nothing's saving Anthony Lynn's job now

Holy poo poo that is a completely unprepared team.

No hyperbole, that's the worst Chargers game I've ever watched. No one was good. No one.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If there's any time to actually play prevent defense it's this one

Man coverage on Ruggs lol

So about this, the guy they had manned up on Ruggs is Lamar Jackson. His name is funny, but that's not the funny part. He is a UDFA rookie who has spent a decent portion of the season on the practice squad. Not just any practice squad, the Jets practice squad. Like, yeah he shouldn't have even sniffed at the under route Ruggs was trying to sell, but if he wasn't good enough to make the Jets active roster aside from as an injury stand in until the middle of October...welp maybe you don't want him manned up on the last play of your best chance to win a game all season.

Or maybe you do of course, because Jets.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It cannot be overstated how big of a win that was for the Browns. They've been beating up on bad teams and have looked...OK while doing so. The Titans are a legitimately great time and they looked like the superior team today.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Jets secondary in its current state is one of the worst in history. No team should ever run on them.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The Chargers played like a team that knew after last week their coach was toast. Unfortunately the coaching staff also prepared like they knew they were toast and just went golfing instead. Thats one of the most inept coaching performances I've ever watched

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

No hyperbole, that's the worst Chargers game I've ever watched. No one was good. No one.

honestly it feels even worse than either 2015 or 2000 and that's a low fuckin bar for the team to skate under.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'll put the real hot take out there after this game

Baker is better without OBJ

I'll call this take ice loving cold based on literally anyone but fantasy dorks I've ever talked to.

MY hot take is that Jarvis is and always has been the best receiver we have and it's not close. Nuclear take? Hollywood is No. 2 and Odell is 3.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

This is kinda the main problem with the Browns. Our secondary is trash and Joe Woods is calling trash-as-gently caress soft coverage horseshit. How you let 38-7 turn into 41-35, even if it's mostly in garbage time, I will never understand. I hope you're right and we just go ham on getting defensive depth. Which, based on what Berry has done so far, I think he will do. This year, it was unfuck the O-line. Now they're excellent. Let's hope he can repeat that with the secondary next year.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 7, 2020

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
When I was a fan boy,
Said put away those fan boy days
Now that I'm getting older, so much older
I long for those fan boy days
With a coach like you
With a coach like you
Lord knows there are things you can do, baby
Just Howie and you
Come on and put him in

Hurts is good
Come on Dougie maybe Hurts is good
Carson Wentz can't throw like he should
Maybe Jalen Hurts is good

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

It cannot be overstated how big of a win that was for the Browns. They've been beating up on bad teams and have looked...OK while doing so. The Titans are a legitimately great time and they looked like the superior team today.

Yeah, it's also a win against one of the other teams in the wildcard race. Every tie breaker we can get there helps a ton.

Here's hoping we can get the win next week on MNF and solidify our playoff hopes a bit.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i downloaded a 2020 Tecmo Super Bowl rom and mitch is so unbelieveably lovely in it that i long for jim harbaugh overthrowing ron morris

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

well at least somebody is giving me some football ska!

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1335663166735446025?s=20

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/espnstatsinfo/status/1335726967119896584?s=21

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1335755292114444289?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007