Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If there's any time to actually play prevent defense it's this one

Man coverage on Ruggs lol

So about this, the guy they had manned up on Ruggs is Lamar Jackson. His name is funny, but that's not the funny part. He is a UDFA rookie who has spent a decent portion of the season on the practice squad. Not just any practice squad, the Jets practice squad. Like, yeah he shouldn't have even sniffed at the under route Ruggs was trying to sell, but if he wasn't good enough to make the Jets active roster aside from as an injury stand in until the middle of October...welp maybe you don't want him manned up on the last play of your best chance to win a game all season.

Or maybe you do of course, because Jets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

japtor posted:

I think #41 actually would’ve made it if he wasn’t delaying the blitz/QB spying :ssh:

They were man up across the board, I assume his responsibility was the running back?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He's hoping for the Mormon one

That dude is tiny, but I hope he doesn't go to the Broncos because I want to cheer for him.

e: huh Zach Wilson is listed at 6'3" which even if they're fudging two inches was bigger than I expected. He doesn't look big at all on the field to me.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 7, 2020

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I'm sure this will turn into a small thing fans will bring up, I'm not sure who it is more insulting to.

Broncos fan complaint is obvious and they hate the Raiders too. If I'm a Raiders fan I take this as an opportunity to claim Kelce's worried about them, but at the same time he's comparing them to the 2020 Broncos and they 100% should have lost to the Jets today.

I don't think there are any winners here other than the Kelce's a dumbass who happens to be a dominant tight end crowd, which probably includes a solid 40% of Chiefs fans.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PupsOfWar posted:

let's say QB #1 went to a giant suburban high school with 6,000 students and a football budget bigger than those of certain Division II colleges, flew all over the country going to positional training camps run by former pros, might've even have had a private QB tutor, then played at a power-5 college with infinite resources

I was going to say the college recruiters are generally pretty good at finding guys who are built like a tank, run well and can throw the ball a mile. Looking up Allen's wiki page (which I question whether it's understandably sympathetic to him but whatever) that doesn't appear to be the case. But either way, we should all apparently be watching the chaos that is California JuCo football.

quote:

In his only season with Reedley College, Allen led an offense that averaged 452.2 yards of total offense per game to rank No. 9 among all California junior-college teams in total offense. Reedley averaged 285.3 passing yards per game to rank No. 7 among all California junior colleges, scored 39.4 points per game to rank No. 10 in the state, and averaged 166.9 yards rushing to rank 26th.

I feel I have bolded half of what would be hilarious to watch in an offense only football game and they were barely top 10 in state.