Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Imagine if all of the Broncos QBs were out for this game.

And NBC made everyone watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Athanatos posted:

I don't think the Broncos having their QBs back is a good thing.

With the Chiefs run D I guess this is entirely possible to be fair.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Josh Lyman posted:

I just want the Chiefs to run up the score in the first half so I can go watch something else keep watching Denver get the score run up on them.

I'm not sure how many years of bad Broncos I need to get past the rest of my life, but I know I'm not there yet.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

420_Power_Rangers posted:

There are too many fans in the stands

We're a very stupid nation overall, but this is a very stupid part of that stupid nation.

Damnit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
God damnit Drew.

I mean good job, you need to get cut and then become good when you go to a different team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Josh Lyman posted:

Oh drat I missed Kornacki in the pregame. Did he actually do a value add or was NBC just trying to attract their... political viewers?

Wasn't paying attention, but he was breaking down playoff standings which seems like the correct gimmick if you're gonna use that guy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
What the hell was that Tyreek?

I guess he was expecting it to go outside instead of up the field and figured a safety was going to kill him if he went to where the ball was going.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hughmoris posted:

Trade for Minshew?

This seems like it would be a solid move, but not being tall enough aside everything about Minshew tells me he is not the type of guy Elway likes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Athanatos posted:

"Easy completions" as he throws it at his feet.

On the replay that was a super nice catch by whichever of the 80 TEs Denver has. Frozen rope at ankle level.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
On the one hand I feel like the right move is to go for it there against the Chiefs.

On the other hand that means more opportunities for Lock to throw passes if you make it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

420_Power_Rangers posted:

No matter how many times it's brought up or commercials I see, I refuse to believe This Is Us is still a show somehow

I always get it mixed up with The Last of Us which I gather is another sad tearjerky thing I know nothing about.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That wasn't offside?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That was a solid play call, had the Chiefs completely fooled.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Wiltsghost posted:

are they resting CEH tonight?

He's been sick all week (non-Covid...well hopefully we're not at the point where we're just lying about that), I'm not sure he practiced at all.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
God it's so nice having Mahomes.

That play was completely blown up, I don't think any Chiefs QB before would have made anything out of that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hughmoris posted:

Doesnt Sammy Watkins believe in the Lizard King?

Yeah, or something like that. He's definitely an odd guy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hill not having the game he was last week to say the least.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hahaha

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd like to get mad at Andy for not challenging that but Hill obviously had no idea either, not like he was acting as though he'd caught it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Didn't even matter after the ball was ripped out, it just popped right back into Hill's hands.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
My levels of :salt: will be high if that missed TD matters.

Frankly they're gonna be pretty high if this is anything less than a 3 score game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Better Than You posted:

If Lindsay ran that he would've taken it to the house

Is he a ton faster than Gordon?

I mean he's a better back, but Gordon's pretty quick if you just allow him to run I thought. I know Thornhill (the guy who caught him) can fly.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I love that the Chiefs are apparently working out the in motion quarterback goal line play during this season. Just putting a little different look on it every week.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

I love that the Chiefs are apparently working out the in motion quarterback goal line play during this season. Just putting a little different look on it every week.

Having said this the Chiefs consistently get too damned cute down here.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Chiefs should go for it or forever be branded cowards.

They kicked a field goal from the half yard line last week on the opening drive.

It's...frustrating.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Broncos shoulda been up on the ball and snapped it right away?

I guess that's kinda hard to do since the defense should know that's your only option.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Better Than You posted:

I had a feeling the Chiefs would be overlooking the Broncos

I'm not sure how much that's the case. They're moving the ball fine, Tyreek Hill has hosed up (well, tried to gently caress up and no one noticed) two deep passes.

The defense is just the defense, numerically they somehow look decent but they suck rear end.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

did my boy actually aim for the first down marker

On target!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wait what was the call? I thought they said illegal formation?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Josh Lyman posted:

Holy poo poo why would you accept that penalty?

If it wasn't something pre-snap I guess to make it a 60 yard field goal?

I'm assuming I heard wrong and it was pre-snap because otherwise screw that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PostNouveau posted:

lol kelce shoving that dude out of the way to get out of bounds

Ha, it was the guy he beat in coverage, and broke the initial tackle on too.

Not his best rep.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Josh Lyman posted:

I feel like I’ve seen more Mahomes passes swatted this game than all other games combined

Or does this happen to him a lot?

Nah. Denver's doing a good job, the Chiefs guard on that guy (it's one guy who has all three I think) isn't doing a good job punching him to keep his hands down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I guess it was 4th and 18 but I still don't really understand basically throwing a hail mary by Seattle in their last possession with like 45 seconds left.

I also laugh because every time I see the replay I see Lockett running up on that tipped ball and even though I know how it ends I expect RWBS to kick in.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BGrifter posted:

Uhhhhh I got stoned and picked up a pizza. Missed the first half.

The Broncos are... ahead? :stare:

:wtc:

Chiefs didn't challenge what would have been a very crazy TD where the receiver didn't know he actually caught the ball, Broncos run game is working. Drew Lock only hosed up once even if he hasn't contributed a lot.

Chiefs are moving the ball pretty easily, just not getting TDs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

solarjetman posted:

The Broncos led 10-9 at halftime in Super Bowl XXI

Is Mahomes as good as Phil Simms? :ohdear:

I suspect no one other than Mahomes is as good as LT as a football player for sure.

e: meant no one in this game, but the statement is plausible anyway.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 7, 2020

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ha, rough to call that one a drop Al.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Fat Jesus posted:

thats like 100 yards dropped so far

The Bell one was probably just as well to be fair.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Poor guy popped his ACL on that replay it looked like. Don't think the contact had anything to do with the injury.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalit posted:

:stare: Is the Broncos D line usually this good? I don't pay attention to this team at all, but they seem to be killing it this game.

Chiefs interior line is bad and they're missing their best player in Schwartz at RT. But Denver's doing better than what most should be really good DLs have done against them this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wow where the guy came in from the side it wasn't even close. Looks like he moved up once he got there though.

e: yeah he changed his mind, first down.

Correctly on replay.