Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I've lived in Alabama for 30 years, so obviously I am the foremost authority.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

1. Is Krystal good? Should I go to a Krystal?
No. It's wanna-be White Castle. My wife had the worst food poisoning of her life after eating at Krystal. Also, while there are several in Alabama, it's a Georgia chain.

If you want Alabama-centric garbage food that's actually tasty, find a Milo's. The greasiest burgers imaginable.

quote:

2. If I'm getting food from a country restaurant that offers the platters with an entree and sides, what sides should I get?
Southern-style green beans. Full of fat and bacon and all kinds of poo poo that doesn't belong there but somehow makes it better.

quote:

3. I've heard Alabama has a mayonnaise-based bbq sauce and the idea of that makes me want to throw up. But is it actually good?
No, not actually good. Many BBQ places here offer it, but it's not the default at most of them. Ask first.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Also enjoy your COVID because you are 100% going to acquire it
Also, this. Nobody here gives a poo poo about COVID. Anything that's open is packed, and half the people aren't bothering to wear masks because MAH FREEDUM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU