Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the C-spam moderation good or bad?
This poll is closed.
Goku 31 14.76%
Goku 57 27.14%
Goku 73 34.76%
Goku 49 23.33%
Total: 156 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Oh Snapple! posted:

Maybe there wouldn't have been multiple threads on cspam if the incredible own-goals of "advocating dog murder, and also advocating murder, getting a slap on the wrist" had been avoided.

Perhaps that is asking too much.

who advocated for murder

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Peanut President posted:

who advocated for murder

well you see, when you say things like "mao did something wrong" you are a worthless revolutionary larper making actual, direct threats at landlords that should be taken v seriously coming from the forum full of revolutionary larpers playing at revolution by posting.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Oh Snapple! posted:

Maybe there wouldn't have been multiple threads on cspam if the incredible own-goals of "advocating dog murder, and also advocating murder, getting a slap on the wrist" had been avoided.

Perhaps that is asking too much.

are you telling me that someone on sa made bad posts. this absolutely cannot stand.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the milk machine posted:

are you telling me that someone on sa made bad posts. this absolutely cannot stand.

pull the plug on the whole loving thing, jeffery

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Lib and let die posted:

well you see, when you say things like "mao did something wrong" you are a worthless revolutionary larper making actual, direct threats at landlords that should be taken v seriously coming from the forum full of revolutionary larpers playing at revolution by posting.

that sounds kind of like grasping at straws, imo

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

thats illegal

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

cspam mods/iks need to start chainprobing the QCS poster that just weaseled their way out of a 12 hour that posted in barf jason's cspam thread.

if i could give the cspam mods a negative score, i would

here, cops, here's the post so you can probe it

Lib and let die has issued a correction as of 21:58 on Dec 10, 2020

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

sucks

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Peanut President posted:

why do people read qcs

its fun

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Peanut President posted:

why do people read qcs

qcs is one of the better forums on all of something awful

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
if you're the type of person able to moderate an internet forum full-time you're going to be bad at it

but i also just looked in qcs and holy lol cspam mods might as well be saints

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

indigi posted:

I’m not telling.

updating my position to "worse than useless"

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

it cost me five dollars, so i dispute this

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!

bedpan posted:

posting as a regular on the forum that's just for bringing up issues to the mods is the sort of thing which would actually make me rethink a friendship

it's just so pathetic

people desperate for clout can be pretty funny though

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
mods = fail. simple as that

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

mods are the ground troops, admins are the generals and the ones who need to be charged for crimes against posting

ya though ex-admins are also sus

also fuk u squizzle, u gave me a week for telling a joke about warren, but let those 2 bans get overturned just because QCS got bitchmad?? this injustice cannot stand :colbert:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

turns out having 2 head admins in a row who've been seduced by the Forum that Dare Not Speak It's Name is a bad idea. I'm starting to think having the forums be controlled by the biggest dipshit might be bad for them. :thunk:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

turns out having 2 head admins in a row who've been seduced by the Forum that Dare Not Speak It's Name is a bad idea. I'm starting to think having the forums be controlled by the biggest dipshit might be bad for them. :thunk:

lmao no no no. for example: A Few Bad Apples telling me and syenite to kill ourselves, in a helldump thread the admins read and post in, is cool and good, actually! words can’t hurt.

unless those words are written in CSPAM. then it’s a clear and present threat that receives an immediate ban or perma, because the admins clique of buddies know this forum is dangerous. :thunk:

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

What the fark...

Loveshaft
Nov 3, 2020

C-SPAM has like 15 mods and Gaupo Gaucho is not even forumbanned yet for the constant negative attention seeking, threadshitting, and violent threats. I like C-SPAM, but holy poo poo why have all these mods if you’re not going to do anything about persistently toxic posters?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

bedpan posted:

In this 17 section power point presentation, I will explain why every forum is full of psychotic assholes except the one where we tell people to kill themselves.

Part 1. Holocaust jokes and the n-word.

Please note, this was not the original title which leads me

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Peanut President posted:

why do people read qcs

i have laughed way more at qcs in the last few months than cspam ever

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I've embraced Big Brother the idea that posting in QCS is a dogshit proposition. gently caress it, let's just post.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

If there's one thing 2020 proved over the course of the year, it's that there's always somebody nuder and madder online. FYAD and D&D will be mad at CSPAM until TGRS is madder at FYAD until GBS is mad at TGRS, rinse, repeat, fifteen iterations later, Pet Island and Goons with Spoons are at each other's throat, nothing has been learned.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the forum civil war had way too much buildup but it really paid off in the end

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Pet Island and Goons with Spoons are at each other's throat, nothing has been learned.

That bastard ate my pet chicken and I WILL be satisfied!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
nobody will ever buy some rando saying kys is some mental earthquake and not just a guy being an rear end in a top hat. because thats what it is lol. hyping it will just make u own urself from the obvious insincerity lol

Loveshaft posted:

C-SPAM has like 15 mods and Gaupo Gaucho is not even forumbanned yet for the constant negative attention seeking, threadshitting, and violent threats. I like C-SPAM, but holy poo poo why have all these mods if you’re not going to do anything about persistently toxic posters?

operation chainprobe guapo has begun....

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^^u tease

Probably Magic posted:

I've embraced Big Brother the idea that posting in QCS is a dogshit proposition. gently caress it, let's just post.

ya, at this point I’ll settle for being mean to squizzle, and the CSPAM mods starting to chainprobe any toxic dumbfucks who brigade in here. the rest is a lost cause. the toxic admins and their brokebrained cliques aren’t going anywhere.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
to be clear, goons being shitheads with kys stuff has, from my remembrance, always been like when a clique will keep a depressed af fucker around to whack around. bonk em over the head. wait for somethin to happen. or if u bust into some thread where there is an obvious vulnerability. like if somebody had said kys to facetoucher cat b4 after she posted whatever they'd be permadead.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The only way this year could've felt more full circle and like nothing has changed is if Ralp was made admin again. Every part of the past two years might as well never have happened. I don't think anyone even noticed Lowtax owned this site and they'll probably start forgetting he sold it. Rock Chalk Jayhawk Go KU.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Smythe posted:

mods = fail. simple as that

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

give me your star i'm thrice the poster you'll ever be

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i told quizzle to make you and oh snapple an ik's but hes a cop smdh

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Make chain probing a CSPAM thing too so we don't have a probe gap.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i think everyone is doing their best, and t hat's all we can ask really

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

give me power and i guarantee a reign of terror more horrible than anything these forums have ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

give me power and i guarantee a reign of terror more horrible than anything these forums have ever seen

gently caress yes let’s do it.