Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the C-spam moderation good or bad?
This poll is closed.
Goku 31 14.76%
Goku 57 27.14%
Goku 73 34.76%
Goku 49 23.33%
Total: 156 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

dude you went trolling in the mental health thread and then laughed about it as "banging on the glass at the aquarium"

okay seriously buddy I just explained the joke and how it works and at this point it seems like you're just not willing to do the homework required to understand anything beyond the absolute literal reading of the words

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or the CSPAM mods could just nut up and chainprobe him every time he posts in CSPAM, everybody wins. :peanut:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Crane Fist posted:

I was using ironic hyperbole, where I say something clearly untrue in order to elide a greater truth, in this case that I am neither of those things and that would be a stupid reason to ban someone for doing something, the joke is in the contradiction and in the tension between my explanation and the observable reality, I hope this helps you on your path to becoming a real boy

just want to let u know that I read all your posts in Skelly’s voice

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crane Fist posted:

They recognised that I was too normal and happy to be there. Me posting in that thread was like banging on the glass at the aquarium

lmao this says a lot

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Augus posted:

just want to let u know that I read all your posts in Skelly’s voice

Do not do Skelly like this.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Crane Fist posted:

okay seriously buddy I just explained the joke and how it works and it at this point it seems like you're just not willing to do the homework required to understand anything beyond the absolute literal reading of the words

I think what people are trying to express to you is that the mental health thread isn't a thread for joking/clowning on other posters, not that they didn't like or get the specific joke you made.

No, a thread on an internet forum shouldn't be the sole avenue for treating one's mental health issues, but my experience in that thread is that it has served as a helpful reminder that I am not the only person going through these things, feeling these feelings, and that in itself is a form of relief. It's not like I can just take an extra lexapro when I'm feeling particularly down.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Probably Magic posted:

Do not do Skelly like this.

okay seriously boyo I was just explainin’ the joke here!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Crane Fist posted:

okay seriously buddy I just explained the joke and how it works

That you love to 'jokingly' punch down? :thunk:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

keep this thread open im loving it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

im getting the vibe that this thread has run its course. in conclusion, try jeffery of YOSPOS for warcrimes and cringe