Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the C-spam moderation good or bad?
This poll is closed.
Goku 31 14.76%
Goku 57 27.14%
Goku 73 34.76%
Goku 49 23.33%
Total: 156 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ideally I think we should aim to have a 2:1 ratio of mods/iks to posters, at minimum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Everytime I read QCS its just boring. It's like high schoolers arguing about who is cooler: superman or goku, and getting super loving mad that the other kid disagrees

idgi, post some good qcs posts

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
imo mods are alright. nothing to complain about here. :shrug:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Peanut President posted:

Everytime I read QCS its just boring. It's like high schoolers arguing about who is cooler: superman or goku, and getting super loving mad that the other kid disagrees

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3950449&pagenumber=10&perpage=40#post510542873

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

:mediocre:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

“good,” he said

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Peanut President posted:

swamp thing

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Loveshaft posted:

C-SPAM has like 15 mods and Gaupo Gaucho is not even forumbanned yet for the constant negative attention seeking, threadshitting, and violent threats. I like C-SPAM, but holy poo poo why have all these mods if you’re not going to do anything about persistently toxic posters?

the fact that mourne has not gotten banned for his posts in the covid thread yet is very telling tbh

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
bump

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

go back to reddit

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Probably Magic posted:

If there's one thing 2020 proved over the course of the year, it's that there's always somebody nuder and madder online. FYAD and D&D will be mad at CSPAM until TGRS is madder at FYAD until GBS is mad at TGRS, rinse, repeat, fifteen iterations later, Pet Island and Goons with Spoons are at each other's throat, nothing has been learned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCXTq-fWWio

except i guess we learned that the fun little exception for fyad being fyad has a little booboo where it is illegal

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

i mean something that can potentially get you booked for manslaughter probably counts as someone being in danger

i'm going to need more colorful infographics to figure this out

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Remember, you can't spell manslaughter without laughter

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Nix Panicus posted:

Remember, you can't spell manslaughter without laughter

manslaughter
man s laughter
man's laughter

see how easy it is to turn a frown upside down!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Fly Molo posted:

gently caress yes let’s do it.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
i honestly dont give a single gently caress

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

mods = fail. simple as that

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Dustcat posted:

also, more probes with sentai gifs like in the good old days

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

T-man posted:

give me power and i guarantee a reign of terror more horrible than anything these forums have ever seen

In place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Dawn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Peanut President posted:

How about a poster who just got unbanned calling the entire forum (except FYAD) a bunch of unhinged psychos:

Hizke posted:

I'll do it. In FYAD we say whatever cuz its funny to be flippant whereas in CSPAM and other grey forums, all you lunatics are absolutely 100% sincere on wishing death on others or laughing at people dying and thinking fat people are hideous abominations or wanting to blow up animals or WHATEVER hosed up thing you guys are obsessed with at the moment.

And there it is.

Because a different FYAD poster got accused of hating everyone, so this poster who, again, just got released from a ban, just couldn't contain their bile for the entire website.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
well you see i know that it's impossible to actually tell if someone is saying a slur ironically or for real, but trust us we can tell and will enforce intent. also it's cool for us to have threads where we tell goons who've never posted here to kill themselves because if they don't read fyad, they won't know.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

voted goku

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Goku is a Frieza-backed spoiler candidate. You either support the Vegeta royal family or the Frieza Force.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
whatever happens we can all agree lightning knight is the worst mod by a country mile

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

whatever happens we can all agree lightning knight is the worst mod by a country mile

3/4 of a country mile. LK is an Armored Core fan, so...there's that.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lk hasn't been around. maybe he finally realized suckin & fuckin his fiance/wife is way better than being a mod on the something awful forums. im glad for him

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i dressed him up like a pit bull and let the crazy dog blaster guy handle the rest

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^^nah LK is squizzle's alt, he just forgot his password. have u ever seen them in the same thread?? rly makes u think.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

How about a poster who just got unbanned calling the entire forum (except FYAD) a bunch of unhinged psychos:

Because a different FYAD poster got accused of hating everyone, so this poster who, again, just got released from a ban, just couldn't contain their bile for the entire website.

That's just QCS 24/7 nowadays. Some crazy fucker lays out his Anti-Communist Manifesto for why CSPAM Delenda Est, or says "yep! only FYAD is allowed to use slurs, because we're funny!" and the mods in QCS either don't say a drat thing, or join in and agree that "CSPAM Mods need to be much harsher, hmm, yes, this is a real issue." Jeff putting in 1% effort the other day, and writing a single post along the lines of "these CSPAM screeds in QCS are getting tiresome" was, shockingly, a tiptoe in the right direction. It's not hard - just tell the QCS Regulars to shut the gently caress up once in a while, and ban them if they don't. That's all it takes, just show a tiny modicum of leadership rather than sitting there silently.

tbh, that's one thing I respect the current CSPAM mod team for. I might disagree with them on some things, but at least they're not afraid to disagree with the posters in their own forum.

it seems like a positive change that FYAD is now no longer allowed to tell people to kill themselves, but the way it's laid out? its gonna be applied selectively and used as a cudgel, just like the initial slur ban. "ah, nope, this full page of slurs and threats in FYAD was clearly a joke. now, these 3 people telling Jeff Bezos to jump in a lake in CSPAM? They were clearly serious, per the new rule they're all banned."

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
could also have dressed him up like a cow and let the literal cow bomber guy handle the rest. many angles to this joke format

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Smythe posted:

mods = fail. simple as that

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Fly Molo posted:

^^^nah LK is squizzle's alt, he just forgot his password. have u ever seen them in the same thread?? rly makes u think.

That's just QCS 24/7 nowadays. Some crazy fucker lays out his Anti-Communist Manifesto for why CSPAM Delenda Est, or says "yep! only FYAD is allowed to use slurs, because we're funny!" and the mods in QCS either don't say a drat thing, or join in and agree that "CSPAM Mods need to be much harsher, hmm, yes, this is a real issue." Jeff putting in 1% effort the other day, and writing a single post along the lines of "these CSPAM screeds in QCS are getting tiresome" was, shockingly, a tiptoe in the right direction. It's not hard - just tell the QCS Regulars to shut the gently caress up once in a while, and ban them if they don't. That's all it takes, just show a tiny modicum of leadership rather than sitting there silently.

tbh, that's one thing I respect the current CSPAM mod team for. I might disagree with them on some things, but at least they're not afraid to disagree with the posters in their own forum.

it seems like a positive change that FYAD is now no longer allowed to tell people to kill themselves, but the way it's laid out? its gonna be applied selectively and used as a cudgel, just like the initial slur ban. "ah, nope, this full page of slurs and threats in FYAD was clearly a joke. now, these 3 people telling Jeff Bezos to jump in a lake in CSPAM? They were clearly serious, per the new rule they're all banned."

VVG will never shut the gently caress up.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fly Molo posted:

it seems to me like fyad can still tell people to kill themselves as long as they claim they don't think the person actually would kill themselves, which is ludicrously stupid and an extremely obviously contrived rule meant to allow them to do whatever they want with impunity. and slurs are 100% a-ok because they aren't illegal. absolutely no progress was made

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

honestly koos was being pretty nice and understanding about the whole thing and seemed to be taking the complaint seriously.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i will get my sworn forum enemies exiled by sending dear jeffrey transcripts of my weekly therapy sesh if they dare to mock me. victory is at hand, for these foolish capitalists have sold us the rope with which we will hang... ourselves :evilbuddy:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^lmao, dear jeffrey, i'm seriously depressed and this is a real threat 2 me. exhibit A: here's a post i made in june, wherein

empty whippet box posted:

it seems to me like fyad can still tell people to kill themselves as long as they claim they don't think the person actually would kill themselves, which is ludicrously stupid and an extremely obviously contrived rule meant to allow them to do whatever they want with impunity. and slurs are 100% a-ok because they aren't illegal. absolutely no progress was made

Augus posted:

honestly koos was being pretty nice and understanding about the whole thing and seemed to be taking the complaint seriously.

I think both of these are right. Koos seemed nice and willing to listen throughout the whole thing, and took peoples' concerns seriously, which was nice to see.

In practice? ehhh there's going to be a lot of debate about where exactly that line falls as soon as the rule gets put into practice, it's gonna be subject to the exact same "nah FYAD was joking, CSPAM was serious" arguments that have already been common and accepted there, and "the only things prohibited in FYAD are straight up illegal activity" seems like a really bad precedent to set.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

if the OP, or any C-SPAM mod come to think of it, were at all responsive to this thread then ACAB would be a poll option

but it remains off the list

gently caress da mods

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I have not become an IK yet and I feel that is a shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
if i understand correctly, in principle you can do anything that isn't illegal in fyad. you can use slurs or tell people to kill themselves (or not since it's illegal in some places) if the mods feel you are funny and being ironic.

this is asking a lot based on basically trust that unlike literally every other ironic nazi on the internet, they don't mean it, and that they can tell the difference when you see it reliably, which is a thing no one else can do. so maybe they could not be complete hypocrites who don't care all over the forums every 3-8 weeks about it?