Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the C-spam moderation good or bad?
This poll is closed.
Goku 31 14.76%
Goku 57 27.14%
Goku 73 34.76%
Goku 49 23.33%
Total: 156 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

mods are the ground troops, admins are the generals and the ones who need to be charged for crimes against posting

ya though ex-admins are also sus

also fuk u squizzle, u gave me a week for telling a joke about warren, but let those 2 bans get overturned just because QCS got bitchmad?? this injustice cannot stand :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

turns out having 2 head admins in a row who've been seduced by the Forum that Dare Not Speak It's Name is a bad idea. I'm starting to think having the forums be controlled by the biggest dipshit might be bad for them. :thunk:

lmao no no no. for example: A Few Bad Apples telling me and syenite to kill ourselves, in a helldump thread the admins read and post in, is cool and good, actually! words can’t hurt.

unless those words are written in CSPAM. then it’s a clear and present threat that receives an immediate ban or perma, because the admins clique of buddies know this forum is dangerous. :thunk:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^^u tease

Probably Magic posted:

I've embraced Big Brother the idea that posting in QCS is a dogshit proposition. gently caress it, let's just post.

ya, at this point I’ll settle for being mean to squizzle, and the CSPAM mods starting to chainprobe any toxic dumbfucks who brigade in here. the rest is a lost cause. the toxic admins and their brokebrained cliques aren’t going anywhere.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

give me power and i guarantee a reign of terror more horrible than anything these forums have ever seen

gently caress yes let’s do it.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^^nah LK is squizzle's alt, he just forgot his password. have u ever seen them in the same thread?? rly makes u think.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

How about a poster who just got unbanned calling the entire forum (except FYAD) a bunch of unhinged psychos:

Because a different FYAD poster got accused of hating everyone, so this poster who, again, just got released from a ban, just couldn't contain their bile for the entire website.

That's just QCS 24/7 nowadays. Some crazy fucker lays out his Anti-Communist Manifesto for why CSPAM Delenda Est, or says "yep! only FYAD is allowed to use slurs, because we're funny!" and the mods in QCS either don't say a drat thing, or join in and agree that "CSPAM Mods need to be much harsher, hmm, yes, this is a real issue." Jeff putting in 1% effort the other day, and writing a single post along the lines of "these CSPAM screeds in QCS are getting tiresome" was, shockingly, a tiptoe in the right direction. It's not hard - just tell the QCS Regulars to shut the gently caress up once in a while, and ban them if they don't. That's all it takes, just show a tiny modicum of leadership rather than sitting there silently.

tbh, that's one thing I respect the current CSPAM mod team for. I might disagree with them on some things, but at least they're not afraid to disagree with the posters in their own forum.

it seems like a positive change that FYAD is now no longer allowed to tell people to kill themselves, but the way it's laid out? its gonna be applied selectively and used as a cudgel, just like the initial slur ban. "ah, nope, this full page of slurs and threats in FYAD was clearly a joke. now, these 3 people telling Jeff Bezos to jump in a lake in CSPAM? They were clearly serious, per the new rule they're all banned."

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^lmao, dear jeffrey, i'm seriously depressed and this is a real threat 2 me. exhibit A: here's a post i made in june, wherein

empty whippet box posted:

it seems to me like fyad can still tell people to kill themselves as long as they claim they don't think the person actually would kill themselves, which is ludicrously stupid and an extremely obviously contrived rule meant to allow them to do whatever they want with impunity. and slurs are 100% a-ok because they aren't illegal. absolutely no progress was made

Augus posted:

honestly koos was being pretty nice and understanding about the whole thing and seemed to be taking the complaint seriously.

I think both of these are right. Koos seemed nice and willing to listen throughout the whole thing, and took peoples' concerns seriously, which was nice to see.

In practice? ehhh there's going to be a lot of debate about where exactly that line falls as soon as the rule gets put into practice, it's gonna be subject to the exact same "nah FYAD was joking, CSPAM was serious" arguments that have already been common and accepted there, and "the only things prohibited in FYAD are straight up illegal activity" seems like a really bad precedent to set.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the real Something Awful is all the friends who got banned along the way. :unsmith:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or the CSPAM mods could just nut up and chainprobe him every time he posts in CSPAM, everybody wins. :peanut:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crane Fist posted:

They recognised that I was too normal and happy to be there. Me posting in that thread was like banging on the glass at the aquarium

lmao this says a lot