Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the C-spam moderation good or bad?
This poll is closed.
Goku 31 14.76%
Goku 57 27.14%
Goku 73 34.76%
Goku 49 23.33%
Total: 156 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Loveshaft posted:

C-SPAM has like 15 mods and Gaupo Gaucho is not even forumbanned yet for the constant negative attention seeking, threadshitting, and violent threats. I like C-SPAM, but holy poo poo why have all these mods if you’re not going to do anything about persistently toxic posters?

the fact that mourne has not gotten banned for his posts in the covid thread yet is very telling tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fly Molo posted:

^^^nah LK is squizzle's alt, he just forgot his password. have u ever seen them in the same thread?? rly makes u think.

That's just QCS 24/7 nowadays. Some crazy fucker lays out his Anti-Communist Manifesto for why CSPAM Delenda Est, or says "yep! only FYAD is allowed to use slurs, because we're funny!" and the mods in QCS either don't say a drat thing, or join in and agree that "CSPAM Mods need to be much harsher, hmm, yes, this is a real issue." Jeff putting in 1% effort the other day, and writing a single post along the lines of "these CSPAM screeds in QCS are getting tiresome" was, shockingly, a tiptoe in the right direction. It's not hard - just tell the QCS Regulars to shut the gently caress up once in a while, and ban them if they don't. That's all it takes, just show a tiny modicum of leadership rather than sitting there silently.

tbh, that's one thing I respect the current CSPAM mod team for. I might disagree with them on some things, but at least they're not afraid to disagree with the posters in their own forum.

it seems like a positive change that FYAD is now no longer allowed to tell people to kill themselves, but the way it's laid out? its gonna be applied selectively and used as a cudgel, just like the initial slur ban. "ah, nope, this full page of slurs and threats in FYAD was clearly a joke. now, these 3 people telling Jeff Bezos to jump in a lake in CSPAM? They were clearly serious, per the new rule they're all banned."

it seems to me like fyad can still tell people to kill themselves as long as they claim they don't think the person actually would kill themselves, which is ludicrously stupid and an extremely obviously contrived rule meant to allow them to do whatever they want with impunity. and slurs are 100% a-ok because they aren't illegal. absolutely no progress was made

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snake Dance posted:

Yeah, CSPAM can be fun without constant screaming about how everyone else is poo poo and there's no reason that things will ever get better. Especially when these begin as jokes and then some of the more unhinged members latch onto it as the truth.

can I scream that I'm poo poo and that there's no reason that things will ever get better?

Dreylad posted:

chances are if you're a mod of this website you're going to be doxxed. hopefully jeffrey can come up with some stuff that will help protect the mods on that front some more, but it seems to be pretty common which sucks

if someone tried to doxx me they'd realize in short order that I constantly overshare and tell everyone the worst possible things about myself anyway so there's just nothing to do except tell them how much time I waste posting on a dead forum or playing path of exile / wow

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fluoride Jones posted:

What the hell are those qcs threads meant to accomplish anyway there's already 1488 mods of this loving board

qcs is just an extension of fyad and it's just fyad trolling cspam mostly

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
make me ik of this thread and make it a 'cspam drama megathread' thank u in advance

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
as IK, I will give a 6er to anybody who does not encourage drug use somehow in each and every one of their posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Ray posted:

Honestly a bunch of posters are appropriately annoyed with CSPAM since this subforum does allow some pretty bad posting (click the here to see more bad posts) that goes without probations, but when i was IK i didn't probe bad posts either.

as IK I would probe any and all "Good Posts" so we could shackle the privileged and create an equal cspam society like ayn rand wanted in that one story about the ballerina or whatever.