Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the C-spam moderation good or bad?
This poll is closed.
Goku 31 14.76%
Goku 57 27.14%
Goku 73 34.76%
Goku 49 23.33%
Total: 156 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Terminal autist posted:

Chain probe herstory or vincent van bitchmade on sight for 2 weeks ty

Someone give me ik buttons and I'll help

Also they're complete loving cowards that would never loving dare.

E: I lied, vvg posted in the arf Jason thread in CSPAM

Do it, mods.

Lib and let die has issued a correction as of 16:52 on Dec 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The bad poster hasn't started eating their chain probe yet, cspam mods get a 0/10.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Peanut President posted:

who advocated for murder

well you see, when you say things like "mao did something wrong" you are a worthless revolutionary larper making actual, direct threats at landlords that should be taken v seriously coming from the forum full of revolutionary larpers playing at revolution by posting.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the milk machine posted:

are you telling me that someone on sa made bad posts. this absolutely cannot stand.

pull the plug on the whole loving thing, jeffery

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

cspam mods/iks need to start chainprobing the QCS poster that just weaseled their way out of a 12 hour that posted in barf jason's cspam thread.

if i could give the cspam mods a negative score, i would

here, cops, here's the post so you can probe it

Lib and let die has issued a correction as of 21:58 on Dec 10, 2020

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

T-man posted:

give me power and i guarantee a reign of terror more horrible than anything these forums have ever seen

In place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Dawn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Goku is a Frieza-backed spoiler candidate. You either support the Vegeta royal family or the Frieza Force.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

whatever happens we can all agree lightning knight is the worst mod by a country mile

3/4 of a country mile. LK is an Armored Core fan, so...there's that.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Fly Molo posted:

^^^nah LK is squizzle's alt, he just forgot his password. have u ever seen them in the same thread?? rly makes u think.

That's just QCS 24/7 nowadays. Some crazy fucker lays out his Anti-Communist Manifesto for why CSPAM Delenda Est, or says "yep! only FYAD is allowed to use slurs, because we're funny!" and the mods in QCS either don't say a drat thing, or join in and agree that "CSPAM Mods need to be much harsher, hmm, yes, this is a real issue." Jeff putting in 1% effort the other day, and writing a single post along the lines of "these CSPAM screeds in QCS are getting tiresome" was, shockingly, a tiptoe in the right direction. It's not hard - just tell the QCS Regulars to shut the gently caress up once in a while, and ban them if they don't. That's all it takes, just show a tiny modicum of leadership rather than sitting there silently.

tbh, that's one thing I respect the current CSPAM mod team for. I might disagree with them on some things, but at least they're not afraid to disagree with the posters in their own forum.

it seems like a positive change that FYAD is now no longer allowed to tell people to kill themselves, but the way it's laid out? its gonna be applied selectively and used as a cudgel, just like the initial slur ban. "ah, nope, this full page of slurs and threats in FYAD was clearly a joke. now, these 3 people telling Jeff Bezos to jump in a lake in CSPAM? They were clearly serious, per the new rule they're all banned."

VVG will never shut the gently caress up.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Go ahead, be mean to me, say what you want to say about how much of a worthless piece of poo poo I am and always will be. How ill never amount to poo poo because I dropped out of college and only got the few decent jobs I've ever gotten due to nepotism, you cannot hurt me with your words more than I hurt me with my words but for gently caress's sake stop posting stupid long images in threads at random. Tell me to loving kill myself, you have my permission.

When cspammers to into not-cspam forums and do cspam things, we eat probations. When fyad goes into not-fyad and do fyad things...nothing loving happens.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Darkman Fanpage posted:

talking about you dipshit

Your monitor, turn it on.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

reported this thread to the mods

actually if you want something done about cspam you need to link this thread in qcs

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Eox posted:

thin blue star

Blue Stars Matter

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

World War Mammories posted:

gentlefolk, you can't flame each other in here, this is the posting room

go back to d&d, decorum poster

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

T-man posted:

im a free poster on the forum and i do NOT admit conjure

as sovereign posters, we are under no obligation to recognize the authority of the ik's, mods, or admins

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Snake Dance posted:

It would be cool if the people here stopped playing into the hands of the people trolling them. Low effort image spam may be lame, but it's led to a bunch of cringe-worthy CSPAM posting so I guess it worked perfectly.

it also apparently lead cspam to start doing chain probes, so i guess we should be thankful to arf

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

hey cspammers with depression, why won't you just get over that one time your mom gave you the poo poo button when you called her? :smug:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

empty whippet box posted:

qcs is just an extension of fyad and it's just fyad trolling cspam mostly

it's the arms clasping meme with fyad on one side and d&d on the other

Giga Gaia posted:

dunno but hopefully squizzle chooses more iks and overloads the system

just make everyone an ik in cspam

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Crane Fist posted:

Maybe encourage any of them to actually do something sometimes other than give themselves comedy sixers

I'm not trying to make a judgement call or anything but it's weird to see someone that posts in the no rules forum (the canonically best forum on SA i guess) complain that other forums aren't enforcing rules.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

Honestly a bunch of posters are appropriately annoyed with CSPAM since this subforum does allow some pretty bad posting (click the here to see more bad posts) that goes without probations, but when i was IK i didn't probe bad posts either.

jesus, those are some truly reprehensible posts

that rear end in a top hat should be run right out of cspam

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

is it a coincidence that pick gets a probie and then vvg shows up?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

fair enough. i suppose it oughtn't be surprising that more than one D&D scold gets off on wielding mental health as a posting weapon.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I'll admit sometimes I like reading the bird pic thread or the lunch thread in fyad but gently caress trying to post in either one of them imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Crane Fist posted:

okay seriously buddy I just explained the joke and how it works and it at this point it seems like you're just not willing to do the homework required to understand anything beyond the absolute literal reading of the words

I think what people are trying to express to you is that the mental health thread isn't a thread for joking/clowning on other posters, not that they didn't like or get the specific joke you made.

No, a thread on an internet forum shouldn't be the sole avenue for treating one's mental health issues, but my experience in that thread is that it has served as a helpful reminder that I am not the only person going through these things, feeling these feelings, and that in itself is a form of relief. It's not like I can just take an extra lexapro when I'm feeling particularly down.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)