Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous

i think the rolling cat should be in the game

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

i made this earlier but couldn't post it due to being busy with cult things

the individual frames are in this gallery, in case someone wants to do something with them!
https://postimg.cc/gallery/hDB8JM7

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

camo egg
you say there's an egg here? i don't see anything!? whatever, i'll take your word for it.

e: here's an egg template when the egg is transparent and the outside isn't, very handy for just slapping an egg shape onto an image

ee: like so! this took me about 30 seconds with the inverted template:

interstellar egg
this egg is an incredible visual spectacle! just don't think about it too hard.

(public domain pic of orion nebula for the background)

biosterous fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Dec 13, 2020

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

clockwork egg

looks complicated! not enough goggles to be a steampunk egg.

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

canada flegg
glorious and free-range

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

Plant MONSTER. posted:

chicken concept art do you like any of them?

i can make pixel sprite sheets like today and maybe wednesday if theres an agreed chicken

what if the one in the bottom left was an upgrade you could buy, a chickenegg that walked around randomly and collected eggs for you if it happened to walk over them

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

didn't have any lag problems until i hit this point. well over a hundred chickens laying eggs, and let them pile up for a minute before it slowed down at all :yayclod:

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

an art for outside a fence:

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

no worries, i get it :buddy:

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

pro gamer :c00lbutt:

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

stuff:
- it would be nice to have some sort of indicator of the direction of the enemy (maybe only if they're not on screen)
- i had a couple close calls being caught between an enemy and a fence - it might be nice to be able to clip through them, maybe during iframe immunity or something? or maybe they bounce off you on a hit, which could lead to some tactical damage-taking to save a chicken
- the fact that the eggs you shoot all look like the different eggs you collect, not some generic projectile, is very good and i love it

pro strats:
- i usually had four or five chickens. if you're clever with your corn placement, you can sort of herd them and keep them generally within one third of the yard
- it's generally good to always have one piece of corn on the ground, so you can see a bunch of chickens charging in and count how many more you need to drop
- if you buy a bunch of chickens within a short period of time, they'll also get hungry at around the same time, which makes herding a lot easier
- if a chicken wanders off out of herding range, oh well, it's gonna die. the eggs it drops off screen are now ammo pickups for enemy invasions.
- run away from the chickens when the enemies appear, try to lead the cats to the opposite side of the fence. grab eggs from abandoned chickens during and/or right after the fights, then charge back to your chicken herd and give them corn, they're probably hungry again. replace losses up to 4 or 5 chickens and get back to herding

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

what if the "you win" button was a genetic mutator that turned the chickens into dinos, and then you had dino friends hooray, that sounds like a victory to me

gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

i beat egg game i am king champion egg of egg game, for now

gallery of sigs

he/him