Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Hell yeah this is super exciting, I can't draw or post art and I never touched any programming outside of copy pasting Google scripts and if-conditions in Java, but maybe I can find a way to contribute a story or something, I dunno! I can at least write okay-ish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Since it's the only thing I can do properly, I'm happy to offer writing for that stuff!
As CC also has its travelling circus around to collect tales of happening creative work, do you want me to signal boost it there, too? Maybe you could get even more creative minds on this!

Goons Are Gifts

Alright, I'm happy to write! Just tell me when you got some outlines and I'll think about what I could get started on

Goons Are Gifts

blaise rascal posted:

What kind of stuff do you like to write? Let's see... I remember really enjoying your nonfiction, when you would write about stuff like ants. If you wanted to contribute something like that, I think we could work it in!

I pretty much write for a living, so I have hardly a specific framework of what I write, but for my job (academical research and teaching on a university) I usually write nonfiction, which I assume somehow carried over into the ant threads, too. However, until a while ago I also used to game master a lot of P&P and wrote hundreds of pages of fictional stuff that I always only limit to that, as I'm always too scared to publish anything, except for that one time when I had a very small thread in BYOB where I posted spontanously written fairy tales a few years ago.
My biggest problem usually is creativity, as I'm just not good at spawning new stuff from nothing, but I'm usually quite good at transforming given stuff into new stuff or use starting points and turn them into something big. When I was younger, I used that to even write an entire book actually, of course it was terrible, but I liked doing it!
In fictional things I'm experienced with world-building, character development and dialogue, in nonfictional things I can offer everything from literal nonsense (seriously I used to do that professionally and even published it anonymously with interesting results) to academic research papers and arguments.

Goons Are Gifts

Hello, yes, we have a situation here, I think Canada is invading with eggs and they are using Kafkaeggs as weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Finally, I am at home