Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

Bright Bart posted:

Oh no. This reminds me of fries-in-between-white-bread in the UK and I feel sick.

I think they're called "butty sandwiches" which is really fitting yknow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

canyoneer posted:

I think they're called "butty sandwiches" which is really fitting yknow

Specifically a chip butty. You can also get things like bacon butty, egg butty, breakfast butty, etc.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Chip butty with brown sauce is no shame though.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Kief Richards posted:

Chip butty with brown sauce is no shame though.

One day my neices and nephews will ask what the UK was like. I'll just stare and say "deepfried... everything".

Because sauce can only do so much. Especially when you charge 50 pence for a packet.

Finger Prince

I wonder if anyone has ever made a butty butty. A buttered slice of bread between two buttered slices of bread.

more falafel please

forums poster

Finger Prince posted:

I wonder if anyone has ever made a butty butty. A buttered slice of bread between two buttered slices of bread.

I'm in a Facebook group called cool freaks' wikipedia club that posts cool/freaky Wikipedia articles. this is posted frequently enough that it's the unofficial mascot, and reposting anything is just called a "retoast"
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

78. White Castle Cheese Slider

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
would

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

77. Taco Bell Soft Taco

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bright Bart posted:

One day my neices and nephews will ask what the UK was like. I'll just stare and say "deepfried... everything".

Because sauce can only do so much. Especially when you charge 50 pence for a packet.

Augh what they charge for sauce now???

This is bullshit. I want my childhood of the giant jug of "vinegar"* and questionable glass bottles of brown sauce back.

Also the ketchup that smelled vaguely like old cheese.

*Member the vinegar vs "vinegar" drama?

Derpies

by sebmojo

Kief Richards posted:

Augh what they charge for sauce now???

This is bullshit. I want my childhood of the giant jug of "vinegar"* and questionable glass bottles of brown sauce back.

Also the ketchup that smelled vaguely like old cheese.

I don't know how you colonials and imperialists survive in what you call food

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Derpies posted:

I don't know how you colonials and imperialists survive in what you call food

It's pretty bad, ngl.

Where I grew up there's a thing called "grits an' sauce" but it sounds like "grihits an' sawz." It's literally just salted grits covered in red eye gravy. It is not food and yet I love it.

Derpies

by sebmojo

Kief Richards posted:

It's pretty bad, ngl.

Where I grew up there's a thing called "grits an' sauce" but it sounds like "grihits an' sawz." It's literally just salted grits covered in red eye gravy. It is not food and yet I love it.

I can get this, my favorite diner side in my college town was "cheesy grits" which was just a slice of american cheese on top of grits

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

76. KFC Hot Wings

Bright Bart

Kief Richards posted:

No. What was that?

The fish & chip shops I saw DID have a bottle of something called vinegar like product. I don't think I saw a bottle of actual malt vinegar evening the upscale ones.

Also Rarity you've made good. With the wings.

Bright Bart

No.1 better just be McD's chicken nuggets. A 9 or 20 pack. (Your preference.)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bright Bart posted:

No. What was that?

The fish & chip shops I saw DID have a bottle of something called vinegar like product. I don't think I saw a bottle of actual malt vinegar evening the upscale ones.

Also Rarity you've made good. With the wings.

Omg. So years back, there was a whole kerfuffle with companies selling rehydrated acetic acid powder and caramel coloring as malt vinegar. The press cottoned on, and then the government, and now all the bottles in the chippy have to say "vinegar flavored product" or something to that effect. Because Big Vinegar got mad? Or maybe there's a natural yeast difference? I dunno. I'm not a vinegar expert. I just remember it being really funny at the time.

Bright Bart

Kief Richards posted:

Omg. So years back, there was a whole kerfuffle with companies selling rehydrated acetic acid powder and caramel coloring as malt vinegar. The press cottoned on, and then the government, and now all the bottles in the chippy have to say "vinegar flavored product" or something to that effect. Because Big Vinegar got mad? Or maybe there's a natural yeast difference? I dunno. I'm not a vinegar expert. I just remember it being really funny at the time.

The chippy shop bottles all have a liquid that tastes watered down.

But thanks for the background info. I can now pretend to have been there during the vinegar wars.

Are you still in the UK,? If so... why?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bright Bart posted:

The chippy shop bottles all have a liquid that tastes watered down.

But thanks for the background info. I can now pretend to have been there during the vinegar wars.

Are you still in the UK,? If so... why?

Lol absolutely not. We were only there for a few years and GTFO. Now I'm in an arguably worse place (Missouri).

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

75. McDonalds Signature The Classic

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Rarity posted:

Wait a second. This was discontinued in 2019!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Kief Richards posted:

Wait a second. This was discontinued in 2019!

I can't believe the voters would do this

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i'm displeased with how unmelted that slice of cheese is

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Rarity posted:

I can't believe the voters would do this

The voters are why we can't have nice things.

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
why are all the sandwiches you post upside down who puts meat on top of veg

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

74. IHOP Colorado Omelette

Bright Bart

Rarity posted:

Needs a sesame bun. The toast is bad.

Bright Bart

Rarity posted:

74. IHOP Colorado Omelette

Guys and gals pls must think this was a McDoublr.

Prof. Crocodile

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

why are all the sandwiches you post upside down who puts meat on top of veg

It stays in place easier that way, I've heard. From Alton Brown I think?

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

73. Dunkin' Donuts Chocolate Caramel Duo

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Rarity posted:

73. Dunkin' Donuts Chocolate Caramel Duo

DUNKIN DOUGHNUTS SHOULD NOT BE ON THIS LIST ALL HAIL KRISPY KREME!!!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
It's just Dunkin' now anyway :smuggo:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

72. Burger King Whopper with Cheese

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Nobody has ever eaten a whopper so cold

Vivian Darkbloom

Wendy's breakfast is pretty impressive

Jinh

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Wendy's breakfast is pretty impressive

The sausage egg and cheese croissant Is solid, as are the small breakfast burritos. :haibrow:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

71. Panera Bread Smokehouse BBQ Chicken Sandwich

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Rarity posted:

71. Panera Bread Smokehouse BBQ Chicken Sandwich

As a person in St Louis, Bread Co is loving garbage and the voters should be put against the wall for this incredibly hot take.

And by hot, I mean lukewarm, over toasted, un-buttered and "bread sliced" like the garbage excuse for bagels Bread Co sells.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

70. Dominos' Mighty Meaty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i think i got food poisoning just by looking at that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)