Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*Bill Nye The Science Guy Theme Song*

Fork! Fork! Fork! Fork! Fork! Fork! Fork! Fork!

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

mercenarynuker posted:

Looks like a Corningware Home Select, based on that finish and the squared off-ish base. The ones made before 1998 had that prominent stamp on the back, later models had it it reversed (the letters were inset, not raised). Unfortunately the line was discontinued in 2009, as the market has been flooded by cheaper imitators and lower-grade steel from other countries. Your model looks more burnished than most, but that's not a surprise if this is a thrift-store cast-off. Something to be aware of, the top bit (the tines and the, uh, scoop?) had a bad habit of flattening out and then breaking over time, so the likelihood of finding replacements, let along a full set, will be difficult. You might be able to find some on eBay or something, going rate should probably be no more than a buck per utensil, but I'd be frankly surprised if they were even that high. Shipping will probably be more. One thing to keep an eye on is that these are, superficially, very similar to Target's Threshold Kayden style, so it may be worthwhile to showroom one of those at your local Target in lieu of scouring sites hoping for orphan matches

:five:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
goddamn

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I appreciate you mercenarynuker

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006
somethingawful is good, sometimes

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Incredible

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
I am in loving awe.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

pmchem posted:

May as well put a fork in this one.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

We need a silverware thread or something wtf

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

buttchugging adderall posted:

I am in forking awe.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I never knew I wanted to learn literally everything about forks until now holy poo poo

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Like I should know we have some people with super specific knowledge given I'm the car mod, but that's still loving impressive. :golfclap:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mercenarynuker posted:

Looks like a Corningware Home Select, based on that finish and the squared off-ish base. The ones made before 1998 had that prominent stamp on the back, later models had it it reversed (the letters were inset, not raised). Unfortunately the line was discontinued in 2009, as the market has been flooded by cheaper imitators and lower-grade steel from other countries. Your model looks more burnished than most, but that's not a surprise if this is a thrift-store cast-off. Something to be aware of, the top bit (the tines and the, uh, scoop?) had a bad habit of flattening out and then breaking over time, so the likelihood of finding replacements, let along a full set, will be difficult. You might be able to find some on eBay or something, going rate should probably be no more than a buck per utensil, but I'd be frankly surprised if they were even that high. Shipping will probably be more. One thing to keep an eye on is that these are, superficially, very similar to Target's Threshold Kayden style, so it may be worthwhile to showroom one of those at your local Target in lieu of scouring sites hoping for orphan matches

fork

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

gabel

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
goddamn man

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lisa...i would like to buy your fork

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

mercenarynuker posted:

incredible

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm here to be counted among the witnesses.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
This loving forum sometime. Mercury, seriously, how the gently caress did you know all of that?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

This loving forum sometime. Mercury, seriously, how the gently caress did you know all of that?

He found the legendary attuning fork

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

Perhaps he cooked and ate the Salmon of Knowledge?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CobwebMustardseed posted:

Front of fork:

Back of fork:

Back of fork close up:

Side of fork:

These are the forks my parents have :stare:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Rarity posted:

These are the forks my parents have :stare:

You have to elaborately heist the forks from them and sell them to OP.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gonna come clean here:

i have a favorite fork too.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mercenarynuker posted:

give dis guy a fork shaped plat icon

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
When I was a kid I had a favorite fork. Now all of my silverware is either from Ikea or the restaurant I used to work at. :sigh:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

JOHN CENA posted:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I feel like scales just fell away from my eyes and now I can see a whole world of fork knowledge heretofore unknown to me

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

goldmine.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

JOHN CENA posted:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

JOHN CENA posted:

never has a forums poster been more deserving

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

mercenarynuker posted:

I'm in awe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

:fork: