Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

A FD, some custom wizardy and a Bernese...I'm in for the long haul.

Here's our glorious idiot Finn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

bird cooch posted:

Here is an inconel exhaust manifold for my friends turbo V8 Volvo race car. That manifold was large enough that it had to come out in pieces and be welded together after post-processing.

Here is an intake manifold in aluminum that was done with the same process for the same motor.

That machine actually belongs to the owner of Tial.
Holy crap that's some cool stuff

bird cooch posted:

If need be there are a ton of tiny high tq starters out there and a mount can be fabricated. It took us about 3 months to go from deciding to put the **m4 trans behind the k to bolting it up, but that was a lot more simple than this.
I can NOT recommend a small 'race' starter. We burned through at least one a weekend on our endurance car, one weekend we killed four. They might hold up ok in a track day environment where the heat soak isn't as bad but make sure you carry spares and they're easy to replace if you go that route. I'll see if I can find the brand/model we used, think we tried a few.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

bird cooch posted:

Also having a Gantry is pretty amazing.

I bought a used light duty (<1500lb) one recently mostly for getting the formula ford on and off the work table without killing myself using a cherry picker. I had no idea how much I would use it for other stuff. Storing it in a non-shop is kind of a pain and I need to figure out a better solution than I currently have.